PDA

View Full Version : parkers

sumitomo
January 12th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hi,has anyone ever played any of the parkers(high or low end) and what did you think of them. Thanks Sumi.

just strum
January 12th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I played a Parker Fly Mojo and was impressed with the playability and the weight - I really like light guitars, so there was an immediate attraction because of that. The guitar body shape does nothing for me as my taste is more traditional - Dot, LP, Stat are my desire.

Since I am relatively new at playing, so I cannot provide you with any real technical review. Nice guitar, better than many I've played, but I would never consider buying one for my own use.

If I recall correctly the one I played was about $3200. I've seen them up to $7200, so I guess I played a mid-range:whatever:

sumitomo
January 12th, 2008, 08:28 PM
I might get one its a low end p series has a peizo and two single coils Ill know more tomorrow.Sumi

tot_Ou_tard
January 12th, 2008, 08:28 PM
Didn't Spudball once chime in about Parkers?

I like the shape, but, then again for the longest time, I thought Teles were butt-ugly.

They still are, but in a so ugly it's cute like your dog kinda way.

I want one. :D

just strum
January 12th, 2008, 08:43 PM
... I thought Teles were butt-ugly.

I want one. :D

I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought that. For some unknown reason I now find myself drawn to them when I'm at the music store.

just strum
January 12th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Sumi, the only one I was familiar with was the double cutaway, I just looked at them and I like the single cutaway.

Is the one you are considering similar to any of these?

http://www.sweetwater.com/c589--Parker--Electric_Guitars/popular/all

The one for $7500 has your name written all over it:D

tot_Ou_tard
January 12th, 2008, 08:59 PM
I was beginning to think I was the only one that thought that. For some unknown reason I now find myself drawn to them when I'm at the music store.
Guitarist claims about the aesthetics of guitars have to be taken with a truckload of salt.

They invariably react based on emotion related to either seeing such a guitar over & over again in the hands of musicians they admire, or because they have one & have cradled it so many times that it has become a part of them.

In my opinion Teles *are* ugly, but that doesn't stop the all the other connotations from overloading my circuits when I see one. When I said it was like a dog, I wasn't kinding. Who doesn't love a dog.

Robert
January 12th, 2008, 09:34 PM
They are not bad guitars. Too bad they are so freakin' butt ugly! :eek:

just strum
January 12th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Sumi,

Just curious, what attracts you to them? Have you played the one you are interested in?

sumitomo
January 12th, 2008, 09:42 PM
I think its a p-30 Ill know more tomorrow and for 300.00 fits my budget.Im rebuilding my old blackface bandmaster with some mods and a 15 in speaker(Im using a hoffman board).I figure if I fill my room up with amps and guitars I wont have to use sound proof material on the walls ya know save some money.Hope the wife buys it. Sumi

just strum
January 12th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I figure if I fill my room up with amps and guitars I wont have to use sound proof material on the walls ya know save some money.Hope the wife buys it. Sumi

Well, that's one I never heard - let me know how that works out.

sumitomo
January 14th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Hi all well its a p36 tele setup with a piezo also the maple neck 370 to the door,figured I could sell it for that if I didnt like it.No really good music stores around here they hold a gun on ya if ya want to try one too many people try it there and go buy off e-bay I dont blame them.Oh well Ill let ya know what I think when it comes.Sumi

sumitomo
January 18th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Hi, everyone that p-36 came today,brand new with old rubberbands on it (9"s) put some 10's on neck feels good to me,some sharp ends on the frets,truss needs adj.the usual,is light fits the body good cool with the piezo you can blend it or on its own has its own pot.Pots are smooth.My first e-bay buy cant complain lowest price I saw was 700.00,this to the door 370.00.Not a scuff on it.Makes me really like my locking tuners on my strat though. Sumi

Adrian30
January 18th, 2008, 09:09 PM
Sumi,
you know how we say here: Pics or it didn't happen.:D

sumitomo
January 18th, 2008, 09:45 PM
Ill post some pics but first I have to learn how to do it,this internet computer stuff is all new to me. Sumi