PDA

View Full Version : Spousal comment of the day.

tot_Ou_tard
January 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Yesterday, I had to do some errands around the house & when I got back to my gear to play, my wife was standing looking at my pedals (which she had previously called "little boxes") and said

"What are these buttons. I think you probably play buttons more than you play guitar." :D

The thing is I had just spent the morning rearranging my signal chain, so I had played more buttons than guitar yesterday morning. I made up for by playing much more guitar than buttons in the afternoon.

Robert
January 13th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Stop playing buttons, Tot!

just strum
January 13th, 2008, 11:17 AM
play with knobs.

R_of_G
January 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Tone junkie!

Danzego
January 13th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Awesome. :bravo:

Here's one from a couple of weekends ago, when I was at the store looking at Strats.

I showed my wife the Deluxe Players Strat I'm thinking of getting. The first thing she does is looks at the brown shell pickguard and says: "You LIKE this? It looks like a picture of dead grass!!"

The Fender guys around here will understand, I'm sure. :thwap:

Plank_Spanker
January 14th, 2008, 06:53 AM
My wife when she sees someone playing a trem equipped guitar:

"He has a kick stand on his guitar. Why don't you play with your kick stands?"

I love this woman! :D

Danzego
January 16th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Ohh, I have another. Just happened like 20 minutes ago.

I pulled the trigger and picked up a MIM Standard Strat tonight. I came home, played for a little bit, then went on the 'puter to shop around a little bit for a black pickguard. While browsing pickguards (and looking at some other guitars), I said with a big smile "So, what do you think my next guitar should be?"

Her reply: "A way's away." :cry:

tot_Ou_tard
January 16th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Ohh, I have another. Just happened like 20 minutes ago.

I pulled the trigger and picked up a MIM Standard Strat tonight. I came home, played for a little bit, then went on the 'puter to shop around a little bit for a black pickguard. While browsing pickguards (and looking at some other guitars), I said with a big smile "So, what do you think my next guitar should be?"

Her reply: "A way's away." :cry:
Classic Danzego...& boy! is *she* wrong :rotflmao:.

mrmudcat
January 16th, 2008, 09:36 AM
This ones easy. I play my tele and a 5 watter tube late at night (midnight-whenever) and the other night my wife says "why dont you put that tele away and come play me that way"!! Did I listen.........of course have ya seen my angel:master: Shes big and mean.Ok just mean:beer:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/6449/alicewk7.jpg

Tone2TheBone
January 16th, 2008, 09:56 AM
This ones easy. I play my tele and a 5 watter tube late at night (midnight-whenever) and the other night my wife says "why dont you put that tele away and come play me that way"!! Did I listen.........of course have ya seen my angel:master: Shes big and mean.Ok just mean:beer:

http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/981/aliceyb9.jpg

We need pics sir. :D

ted s
January 16th, 2008, 10:50 AM
IS that Mrs.MUdcat ? Pretty lady !

mrmudcat
January 16th, 2008, 10:56 AM
yep mother of my 3 mudkitty's:D and :master:

just strum
January 16th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Guys, for those of you that missed the pic of Mrs Mudcat, the first thing you would wonder is why Mr Mudcat spends time with us.

Mudcat, I mean that as a true complement and not a perv comment.

mrmudcat
January 16th, 2008, 08:13 PM
AHH hec strum no need for explanations brother;) :beer:

mrmudcat
January 16th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Now lets get on with some more comments I know there are better looking halves out there commenting with this bunch here:D :beer:

player
January 16th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Much agreed strum Mrs. Mud's pic is double posted I wonder the same things?
that said playing guitar could become a hobby turning attention full time to the Mrs.:AOK:

Spudman
January 16th, 2008, 09:06 PM
Pointy guitars and curvy women. That's rock n roll! :dude:

tot_Ou_tard
January 17th, 2008, 09:26 AM
I'm sad that I missed the picture of the curvy woman, on the other hand I'm glad to have missed the one of Muddy's pointy guitar :D.

mrmudcat
January 17th, 2008, 10:06 AM
Tot shes back up not sure why the link crapped out!!As for my pointy dont look left it might poke ya in the eye!!!:D :beer:

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Ok dangit most photos stored online somewhere are always blocked so I can't see Mrs. Mud's pic.

tot_Ou_tard
January 17th, 2008, 12:29 PM
She is indeed gorgeous Muddy!

duhvoodooman
January 17th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Geez, talk about your ragin' hormones! Somebody posts a pic of a good looking woman and all you guys sure forget your guitars & amps in a hurry!

(Well, she is pretty cute, Mud! :AOK: ;) :D )

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Thanks Robert for sending me the pic of Mud's wife!.....

LMAO ;)

mrmudcat
January 17th, 2008, 02:53 PM
:D :beer: :thwap: Oh I see how it is!!!!

ted s
January 17th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Just wait 'til Mrs.Mudcat finds out, I reckon that pic. will disappear pronto.. maybe..

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Just wait 'til Mrs.Mudcat finds out, I reckon that pic. will disappear pronto.. maybe..

This is a secret men's society. No one smart enough nor brave enough to do that ted. No one's gonna tell dude. :poke:

btw love the pic of Bruce Dickinson on your avatar. :dude:

ted s
January 17th, 2008, 04:21 PM
" I gotta have more cowbell babies ! "

bigoldron
January 17th, 2008, 11:10 PM
Muddy, the missus is a total hottie :drool: and I can definitely see how you'd get easily distracted from all things guitar.

But, try your best to keep those priorities in order! I mean, we can't have perfectly good guitars sitting around not being played!!! :whatever: And, for what - a little bit (30 seconds or so) of hanky panky? :crazyguy: :bootyshake: :poke:

Oh well, you (like me and probably most of the rest of us) married over your head. If she's like my wife, she's worth her weight in gold just for putting up with me and my cr*p. :D

player
January 19th, 2008, 07:35 PM
and I like it,like it yes I do:bravo: