PDA

View Full Version : Blackheart Killer Ant

tot_Ou_tard
January 13th, 2008, 10:07 AM
Here you go all you fractional watt tube amp freaks:

Blackheart killer Ant. $139 street for the head & the same for a matching 10" cab.

http://namm.harmony-central.com/WNAMM08/Content/BlackheartEngineering/PR/Killer-Ant-Guitar-Amp-.html

tot_Ou_tard
January 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Does anybody know the tube complement for this amph?

(amphette?:D?)

LagrangeCalvert
January 13th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I was wondering the same thing?

They call it a "Micro Watt" amph but what is the wattage?

I think 1 or 1/2

mrmudcat
January 13th, 2008, 06:56 PM
"The Killer Ant embraces a fully classic, all-tube circuit; but, instead of a high power tube output section, it sports a clever, all-tube power block pumping out a mere fraction of one watt."

tot_Ou_tard
January 13th, 2008, 08:40 PM
"The Killer Ant embraces a fully classic, all-tube circuit; but, instead of a high power tube output section, it sports a clever, all-tube power block pumping out a mere fraction of one watt."
Just what does that mean? Do you know Muddy?

mrmudcat
January 14th, 2008, 12:20 AM
Tot I was directing above post to L.C..I took it as it is less than one watt amp.(although the "mere fraction of" wording is tricky)As for tubes im off to find out I suspect 1 or 2:beer: All tube circuit power block just means in my opinion without a seperate pre amp tube section and high power tube section.;)

Update cant find a dang thing about how many or what kind.(most likely cheap chinese ones):thwap:

tot_Ou_tard
July 6th, 2008, 06:59 AM
Anybody care for a demo

LODn9T4RozU

or two

5FZsFWO_0IE

or perhaps three?

fMBQqv8LJRU

Of course, Vood & Shiner already have this ground covered with their Fireflys.

sunvalleylaw
July 6th, 2008, 08:27 AM
tot, you have a killer amph coming. This is fun, but why all the threads regarding new amphs? Just stuff you came across as you were shopping? I still like the demos of your new H&K better.

From what I can tell, BTW, if I were to go for a small amp, this little ant one looks like the front runner. I love what DVM and Shiner are doing building them, but for that price, I can't justify the time it would take away from learning to play better.

tot_Ou_tard
July 6th, 2008, 08:49 AM
tot, you have a killer amph coming. This is fun, but why all the threads regarding new amphs? Just stuff you came across as you were shopping? I still like the demos of your new H&K better.

From what I can tell, BTW, if I were to go for a small amp, this little ant one looks like the front runner. I love what DVM and Shiner are doing building them, but for that price, I can't justify the time it would take away from learning to play better.
Sun, I'm very excited about the incoming H&K.

It was Shiner's Firefly that just had me thinking about what happened to the Killer Ant & then I ran into all the demos. I just thought I'd post them for posterity.

I'm not in the market for a new amph...yet ;)

just strum
July 6th, 2008, 08:57 AM
tot, you have a killer amph coming. This is fun, but why all the threads regarding new amphs?

It sounds like we have the "Strum of Amps" in the making.

I bet he has a T-shirt that says "DVM is a God, Clapton is just a Prophet"

tot_Ou_tard
July 6th, 2008, 10:03 AM
It sounds like we have the "Strum of Amps" in the making.

Deer Dear is playing Jane in the movie version of

Strum of the Amphs

I play Strum.

Strum, you can play Cheetah.