PDA

View Full Version : Darwin awards

Spudman
January 14th, 2008, 10:07 AM
The 2007 list is now ready for your disbelief. If that isn't enough the archives are included as well.

Darwin awards. (http://darwinawards.com/darwin/darwin2007.html)

Robert
January 14th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Some crazy stuff. Do you think these are for real? Could be just made up stuff, I imagine.

R_of_G
January 14th, 2008, 01:11 PM
So far as I know the Darwin Awards are always based on actual news stories. Truth is always stranger than fiction. You couldn't make up some of these stories.

Childbride
January 14th, 2008, 06:35 PM
i'm [partially] kicking myself, in that i used to own a book which was a compilation of darwin award stories [and could otherwise go and reference it right now], but i left a large group of books with an old friend who had a very extended hospital stay after a horrid car accident, and never got those books back [including the darwin award book] if i remember right [it's been several years ago now] they broke the stories down to those that were urban legends, those that were possibly true, and those that came from actual news clippings. but then the ole memory banks are dedicated to certain things, and i'm not positive i'm remembering that 100% correctly.