PDA

View Full Version : What to do in Boston?

Robert
January 14th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Boston Duck Tours
Since my wife and I and another couple are going to Boston to run the marathon in April, we thought we'd find something interesting to do there. We found this - http://www.bostonducktours.com - has anyone done this?

Seems like it would pretty cool! :bravo: They apparently have legendary conDUCKtors there... :rotflmao:

Anything else you guys know we should do in Boston?

Tone2TheBone
January 14th, 2008, 12:25 PM
The duck tours is cool definately do that. You can walk quite a bit in that town that's was the cool thing about Boston. You've got the metro too though. Go eat some New England clam chowder at Ye Ole Oyster House and you definately have to have a drink at one of the many Irish pubs there. Boston was one of my favorite places to visit.

Justaguyin_nc
January 14th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Hmm..isn't boston the place that duck went down with all passengers?:messedup:

tremoloman
January 14th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Hmm..isn't boston the place that duck went down with all passengers?:messedup:No. That was somewhere else but I remember hearing about that.

The Boston Duck Tour is a MUST.
A visit to Faneuil Hall is a MUST.

There is so much to do in Boston... it just depends on what you are into. Do you want to do shopping? View historical sites? Dine? Attend a sporting event?

Robert
January 14th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Shopping - yes.
Historical sites - yes.
Dine - yes.
Sporting events - probably not. The marathon will be enough! :D

marnold
January 14th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'd suggest wearing Yankees paraphernalia and yelling "The Red Sox suck!" at random intervals. You might want to check up on your life insurance too.

Justaguyin_nc
January 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
No. That was somewhere else but I remember hearing about that.

Ahh...found it..Arkansas and Washington...

http://stoptheduck.com/what.htm

I only been to their airport and rented a car..on return..I got confused and went around in circles for about 30 minutes.. other than that.. they have great tea parties I hear...

:pancake:

duhvoodooman
January 14th, 2008, 03:59 PM
I went on the Duck tour with my son's 4th grade class, and it was great. Highly recommended. :AOK:

I'd suggest wearing Yankees paraphernalia and yelling "The Red Sox suck!" at random intervals. You might want to check up on your life insurance too.
This, on the other hand, is NOT recommended. :eek:

Spudman
January 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
Check Pollstar (http://pollstar.com/tour/searchall.pl?Content=C-MA_Boston&By=City&PSKey=Y&StartSearch.x=16&StartSearch.y=14) often. You'll probably be in town when someone really good is playing.

Robin Trower the 22nd of March at Berklee. Think you might want to leave early to train there?;)

just strum
January 14th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Robert, you must get a warm feeling inside knowing that the members here take such an interest in making sure you have a vacation you won't forget.

I would like to get in on your life insurance policy.

Kazz
January 15th, 2008, 05:50 AM
Get a large box of tea......go down to the harbor.....and start chanting....no taxation without representation.......over and over....then dump the tea in the harbor

tot_Ou_tard
January 15th, 2008, 05:13 PM
The Duck Tours?!? Really?!? You can walk all over Boston & back & forth across the Charles.

My wife took pictures of the ducks every chance she got because someone said she *had* to go on the ducks. She was gonna paste our faces over the tourists.

Shows what I know.