PDA

View Full Version : New American Standard strat for 2008

Lev
January 15th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I wonder if the thinner coat finish will make much difference to the tone?

http://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/namm-2008-fender-launches-new-american-standard-instruments-124703

Robert
January 15th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Hmm, interesting. I am liking this -

...redesigned HMV high-mass bridges for the Stratocasters and Telecasters with new bent-steel saddles, and elongated string slots../

Should be a good one.

Tone2TheBone
January 15th, 2008, 10:32 AM
What exactly does the Delta Tone feature do?

mrmudcat
January 15th, 2008, 11:41 AM
It’s basically a potentiometer with a switch at the ‘10’ position on the knob. When the tone is set at 10 it clicks and the tone control is essentially removed from the circuit. This gives the pickup a wide open full treble sound. It replaces the 2nd tone knob and works the bridge and middle.Now on the newer models it works as a system in conjunction with the delta tone pickups(alnico 5)

RIPPED FROM THE NET:The 250k no-load tone pot (not included) functions as a normal tone control from 1-9, but at 10 takes the tone control out of the circuit leaving your guitar "plugged straight in" for more bass, high end and output. OEM on American Standard

marnold
January 15th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Sounds like good updates, especially since heavier bridges are one of the most common mods--next to pup replacement.

Axis
February 16th, 2008, 08:11 PM
Hey Lev,

Thanks for the link. I haven't heard of the 2008 model till now.
I guess I'll have to go to my friendly neighborhood guitar store
to give it a test drive. I'm hoping it'll have a brass nut.

Danzego
February 17th, 2008, 01:20 AM
It doesn't have a brass nut. I'm pretty sure it's plastic. At least that's what I would imagine it is since it isn't specifically listed as otherwise on Fender's site or anywhere selling it.

Strat Vader
September 25th, 2008, 04:47 AM
Hi everyone. This is a great forum. I am a pro and play for a living. I recently acquired the new American Standard Strat (sunburst) and it's now my primary instrument; hands down. Very light, and stays in tune better than any Strat I've ever had. I only play maple fingerboards and this new version has a highly glassed (polyurethane?) fingerboard. Looks great and plays like a dream.

Thanks for the detailed explanation of the Delta Tone pot, by the way...I was wondering why it was kind of hard to turn back from the 10 position...now it makes sense. Duh.

Take care guys