PDA

View Full Version : Johnny Hilland & Dave Grissom

tot_Ou_tard
January 15th, 2008, 10:01 PM
http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1213876966?bclid=1213922211&bctid=1213875128

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2008, 03:49 PM
That looks like that would have been fun to attend. I like the sounds!

Lev
January 17th, 2008, 03:38 AM
Dave Grissoms tone is very similar to Joe Bonamassa - I like!

duhvoodooman
January 18th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Dave Grissoms tone is very similar to Joe Bonamassa - I like!
That smooth, rich humbucker tone reminds me even more of Robben Ford. Good stuff. And Hiland is just a monster. :dude:

Robert
January 18th, 2008, 08:39 AM
That was coolio - I didn't know Hiland could swing jazz lines like that! I loves those steel guitar licks he does, so cool! :bravo:

abraxas
January 18th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Johnny is a monster player! And just remember, the guy is legally blind!

I would also like to know, how on earth he manages to get the same tone with the PRS, as with the Nashville type Tele he used to play.... Hmmmm... You don't suppose it's "all in the fingers do you?". :)

On a rather sad personal note, Johnny lost his mother at the end of last year... it must have been a harsh blow, since he lost his father also a couple of years back... I sincerely hope he somehow manages to stand on his feet, because he is a very gifted musician and seems like a nice guy.

Robert
January 18th, 2008, 11:59 AM
A couple of years ago, his mom told me on a forum he was playing in Edmonton, so I went and saw him and talked to him after. I said "your mama told me you were playing here so I had to come." Very nice guy.

abraxas
January 18th, 2008, 03:00 PM
A couple of years ago, his mom told me on a forum he was playing in Edmonton, so I went and saw him and talked to him after. I said "your mama told me you were playing here so I had to come." Very nice guy.

His mother used to post at the tdpri, sometimes passing on news and such. It is safe to say she worked hard for her son's exposure and success. Bless her soul.