PDA

View Full Version : Cool Cat pedals - how cool is this!

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 12:21 PM
Man, this is interesting. Ok, I admit it, I am a pedal junkie, and when I see something like this, the drool starts'a comin'! :D

Danelectro Cool Cat pedals (http://www.coolcattone.com/)

True bypass, metal casing and a $49 price?? :eek:

I think my pedal family will grow substantially once these become available... :dude:

I still don't really dig those switches, but for that price I might be able to live with that.

That vibe and tremolo are first on my list. :AOK:

SuperSwede
January 16th, 2008, 12:27 PM
The clips doesnt work for me ... :(

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 12:41 PM
I know, they aren't available yet. I hope they add them soon, I'm dying to hear what these babies sound like!

Big K
January 16th, 2008, 12:44 PM
The clips doesn't work for me ... :(

sound bites will not play for me either.... looks as thou they may be an upgrade of the fab line and replace their current cool cat line that had a price point about $20>$30 higher than the new models...

at that price I would be interested in the fuzz and a trem if the demos sound decent....

Adrian30
January 16th, 2008, 01:04 PM
The clips doesnt work for me ... :(

same here, no response at all.

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 02:08 PM
They won't work for anyone of us, because the clips aren't there yet. I assume they will be adding them sooner or later, since they set up a link to them (the one that doesn't work).

If these pedals sound as good as the typical Danelectro pedals, this could be a huge hit. The older pedals do suck some tone out of a rig, but with true bypass, even corksniffers might pick a few of these up.

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Well, I got so excited that I ordered 3 of these pedals today. :D :D

The vibe, tremolo and fuzz.

:dude:

F_BSurfer
January 16th, 2008, 05:46 PM
Looks interesting where did you find them Robert........will have to get me a fuzz and a tremolo also

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 05:59 PM
My friend runs a music store locally - he ordered them for me!

The one pedal I'm missing in the line up is a delay. :(

just strum
January 16th, 2008, 06:04 PM

So what you are saying is once you get a delay you have no reason to buy anymore - uhhhh, I don't think so.

If it is, the wife must be thrilled.

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 06:08 PM
No, no, I meant missing in the Cool Cat pedals line up. My own line up of pedals will be added to and reconfigured probably for the rest of my life... :D There will always be something missing... :pancake:

"There ain't no cure, there ain't no cure, there ain't no cure for G.A.S (love)" - who wrote that song? :beer:

just strum
January 16th, 2008, 06:13 PM
ah that's better. The next thing we'd see you posting is that you purchased your last guitar. We'd have to come up there and get you out of the cold for awhile, although some of that Canadian air is sweeping into our area tonight. I guess we will have to all go visit those fretters in Florida.

Adrian30
January 16th, 2008, 07:39 PM
http://www.coolcattone.com/tremelo.html

The clips are here!

Radioboy950
January 16th, 2008, 10:24 PM
http://www.coolcattone.com/tremelo.html

The clips are here!

I am loving the sound (and the prices) of the Vibe, Trem and the OD pedals. They may be on to something here.

Robert
January 16th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Cool! This could be a devastating blow to the boutique pedal makers...

The vibe sounds like the Chicken Salad, which is really cool, but now we get it with true bypass.

Danelectro ROX!

sunvalleylaw
January 16th, 2008, 10:59 PM

Agreed!! First thing I looked for but no go.

Kazz
January 17th, 2008, 06:04 AM
The clips that are up sounded pretty cool....the fuzz was really nice....the distortion sounded pretty good too....what I hate is they never give you the settings used on these things for the clips so you can attempt to recreate.

Robert
January 17th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I bet I can make them sound better once I get my hands on these. ... or not, I guess we'll see! Seems like the amp used on the clips didn't sound that good.

marnold
January 17th, 2008, 12:37 PM
The fuzz sounds interesting, albeit slightly fizzy. Can't really judge it through my old boombox speakers. I'd like to have a decent fuzz. I've wanted to try one of Behringer's 47 fuzz pedals, but haven't had the chance. The Big Muff model on my EX-7 is what I go to for fuzz now, but it doesn't really do the Hendrix/60s thing particularly well.

oldguy
January 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM

Any idea how long before they'll be here???
Hopefully not too long...:whatever:

Robert
January 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
I don't know when I'll get them - I'll keep you guys posted!

oldguy
January 17th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Please do, and thanks... (cause you know we'll want to hear how you like them, and hear what you can do with them). :bravo:

just strum
January 17th, 2008, 05:39 PM
This place is insane - I make a decision not to buy anymore guitars or gear for awhile and set a rule that no more guitars until I show marked improvement in my playing.

Now I am getting a pedal bug and looking for a legal loophole .

ok you lawyers out there, need a little help here:D

luvmyshiner
January 17th, 2008, 06:01 PM
This place is insane - I make a decision not to buy anymore guitars or gear for awhile and set a rule that no more guitars until I show marked improvement in my playing.

Now I am getting a pedal bug and looking for a legal loophole .

ok you lawyers out there, need a little help here:D

Ok Strum, glad to help. Ok . . . let me get out my law book regarding pedal bug . . . hmmm . . . ah yes, here it is. Chapter 7, Section 5 clearly states, "Strum can buy a pedal.":beer:

just strum
January 17th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Ok Strum, glad to help. Ok . . . let me get out my law book regarding pedal bug . . . hmmm . . . ah yes, here it is. Chapter 7, Section 5 clearly states, "Strum can buy a pedal.":beer:
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Guitar Gal
January 17th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Can't wait to hear and see your new videos when the Cool Cats come in Robert :AOK: I'm sure you will make them all sound great

:rockon:

GG

just strum
January 17th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Geez GG, I just noticed all the pedals you have. You've been on one hell of a gear spending spree over the past 12 months:rockon:

Guitar Gal
January 17th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Geez GG, I just noticed all the pedals you have. You've been on one hell of a gear spending spree over the past 12 months:rockon:

A Guitar Gal has pedal needs too.......:rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
January 17th, 2008, 11:29 PM

I also think it is implied somewhere deep in the 14th amendment as well. :) Due process for and equal protection to have and own many, many guitar pedals.

luvmyshiner
January 18th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I also think it is implied somewhere deep in the 14th amendment as well. :) Due process for and equal protection to have and own many, many guitar pedals.

Good catch Steve, I didn't even think about the Constitutional right to . . . um . . . possess pedals.:thwap:

duhvoodooman
January 18th, 2008, 12:11 PM
Geez GG, I just noticed all the pedals you have....You're kidding, right? The lady has FIVE. Around here, that's known as a "good start"! But I know she'll catch up quickly! ;) :rockon:

Robert
January 18th, 2008, 12:57 PM
I hope all "new comers" realize that the more pedals you have, the better you look and the more friends and the more fame you will get. ;)

Who cares how well you play. It's the number of pedals you have that really count. ;) ;)

just strum
January 18th, 2008, 05:41 PM
You're kidding, right? The lady has FIVE. Around here, that's known as a "good start"! But I know she'll catch up quickly! ;) :rockon:

Hey, I knew GG a year ago (or something like that) and she has acquired a lot of gear. Look at my sig, I had to throw in items that may not even belong.

tot_Ou_tard
January 19th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Who cares how well you play. It's the number of pedals you have that really count. ;) ;)
It depends on what you're playing. It takes alot of buttons to play buttons well.

How much fun is *one* button?!?

on...off...lessee...on

piebaldpython
January 21st, 2008, 10:58 PM
Hey Robert,
Would you be so kind to tell us how the Cool Cat pedals match up against similar pedals from Digitech in terms of how they sound and versatility. DT pedals usually have several distinct sounds that you can get out of each pedal. Hmmmm.........for that matter, please compare the earlier Danelectro line with DT. I'll be in the market soon for some pedals, so I want to make a good choice. ahhahhahahahahahhahaha Are the prior Danelectro line cheaply made???????

Robert
January 21st, 2008, 11:00 PM
I will tell you more, as soon as I get my hands on them!

All the "older" cheapo Danelectro are cool sounding pedals. Yes, they are cheaply made, but they sound pretty wicked. Some of them also suck tone quite bad, so these new ones, which are true bypass, should be just what the doctor ordered. :pancake:

Big K
February 10th, 2008, 11:43 AM
any news on the ETA of your Cool Cats?

Robert
February 10th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I've been told sometime in March.

marnold
April 24th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I've been told sometime in March.
Just a quick "bump" to ask: did you ever get the pedals?

Robert
April 24th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Not yet, I'll have to check back with the store to see what's going on.

Kazz
April 25th, 2008, 04:03 AM
She only has 5.....I am down to 3....and none of them are being used.

I really need a bad monkey tho...even if it is just for a test run and I am gassing for a Wah really badly too....

Blaze
April 25th, 2008, 05:53 AM
How come I can hear the clips & you guys don t , well i like mostly the vibe , tremolo & disto..

Interesting ..

Ciao

Blazes:dude:

indianjjy
April 30th, 2008, 05:49 AM
They look like a revamped FAB peddle, sound is great and the price,these are a good deal !!!

marnold
June 5th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Just another bump of this thread. I've seen these pedals show up at one place online. They're actually supposed to be shipping now. I'd really like to check out the fuzz if someplace around here would actually carry them.

Robert
June 5th, 2008, 12:54 PM
My cool cats are backordered. :( Apparently they sold out IMMEDIATELY.

marnold
June 18th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I'm going to keep bumping this until somebody gets them. I did notice that they are in stock at Musician's Friend and Music 123. My next gear purchase will likely be the fuzz, although I'd like a standalone chorus too. My EX-7 does a Big Muff, but I'd like a slightly less over-the-top fuzz. Oddly enough the EX-7 doesn't have a pure chorus either and it's hard to fake with the Uni-Vibe model. The A/DA flanger model is the bee's knees though.

Big K
June 20th, 2008, 02:20 PM
ordered the Fuzz from MF this morning and received a confirmation that it is in stock and shipping....

marnold
June 20th, 2008, 07:22 PM
ordered the Fuzz from MF this morning and received a confirmation that it is in stock and shipping....
Please let us know what you think of it!

Big K
June 25th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Brown Truck found me.... spent 15 quick minutes with the CF-1 Fuzz pedal...

initial observations: built like a tank compared to the plastic cased Dano pedals, solid click switch, plenty of dirt, bright led, smooth control pots, cleans up quite well dropping guitar volume knob... best $30 I've spent in forever...

I'll be adding a couple more of these in the near future....

Robert
June 25th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I just got the Fuzz and the Drive!

I'm with ya, Big K. Built like a tank, solid switch and great smooth tone! Both these pedals has ol' Rob impressed with a big grin... :D

marnold
June 26th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Must . . . have . . . fuzz . . . clips!

Big K
June 26th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Robert - does the Drive pedal sound as good as the slide clip on the Dano site? the tone on that clip is great...

I'm GASsing to add both the Drive & Distortion models to the bunch, but probably need to spend some time with the Fuzz before placing another order..

Robert
June 26th, 2008, 09:50 AM
Yes, it sounds really good, the Drive. It's well worth the admission price.

Big K
June 26th, 2008, 10:09 AM
thank you sir.

Iago
June 27th, 2008, 07:48 AM
one more here asking for the sound/video clips! :D

Mr Grumpy
August 9th, 2008, 08:23 AM
I am liking the clips of the Metal and Distortion pedals very much. Want a distortion to replace the Dano fabtone I recently 'bayed (was disappointed with that one). I also have a recently won Dano Dan-echo to look forward to:AOK:

There something about Dano pedals I really like...

Robert
August 9th, 2008, 09:46 AM
The Cool Cats are great!

Drive video demo: http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-66.php

Fuzz vide demo: http://www.dolphinstreet.com/video_clips/video-65.php

Lev
August 9th, 2008, 11:28 AM
there's a chorus drive and metal pedal on a UPS truck somewhere with my name on them. I hope to have them next week !!

Robert
August 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
I was very impressed by the chorus. I would have bought it, had I had any use for chorus.

Lev
August 28th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I finally got a chance to play around with my Cool Cat Pedals this week (Drive, Metal & Chorus).

Let me start by saying that I've been a multiFX unit kinda guy for along time. I used a Boss ME6, PODs and more recently the Zoom G series. I've never been happy with any overdrive/distortion pedals I've used (DS1, Bluesbreaker, Arion Distortion). I also never use the Drive channel on my HRDlx amp as it sounds too harsh for my tastes.

The Cool Cat Drive and Metal pedals have opened my eye's again to the joys of stomp boxes. I'm really happy with the sound I'm getting from these boxes, the combination of the Drive and Metal gives me every level of dirt I could ask for from a little boost to all out mayhem. The Drive pedal on it's own adds a beautiful natural responsive breakup to the signal. I have the Metal pedal setup to add some extra dirt, volume and bottom end to the already overdriven signal coming out of the drive pedal. This gives a glorious sustained crunch sound that works great with my Lemon Drop LP - great for bonamassa, gary moore, ACDC type tones.

The fact that I'm happy with the distortion I'm getting for these CC's in front of the amp has allowed me to move my Zoom G2 to the FX loop and just use it for delay and tuner. This makes my whole sound come alive, the amp sounds better and my guitars sound better.

The Cool Cat Chorus is a really nice sounding Chorus - I'm not a big chorus user but I love to have one ready for whenever I feel like breaking into some Def Leppard and this pedal delivers that classic 80's chorus tone perfectly.

....these pedals have rounded off a great year for gear purchases for me without having to spend big bucks. There really are some great products out there now for the budget conscious guitarist - my Vintage Lemon Drop LP, my Washburn D10S and my Cool Cats have been great purchases for 'relatively' little money - thanks to my fellow fretters who've advised, recommended and demo'd some of this gear before I pulled the trigger.

I'm taking some parental leave from work later this year so expect to see all these new toys appearing on my youtube page before too long..

Robert
August 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
I have been playing around with my Drive and Fuzz this week, and I really like them both. The Drive is a great blues pedal. The fuzz sounds amazing with my SD-9. I can't wait to get the Tremolo and Vibe pedals! They are still back ordered though.

To me it is no question that quality pedals like this gives me a much better sound that any multi-effect can do. I would only use one of those in the loop of the amp, for effects like delay, reverb or similar.

sunvalleylaw
August 28th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I finally got a chance to play around with my Cool Cat Pedals this week (Drive, Metal & Chorus).

Let me start by saying that I've been a multiFX unit kinda guy for along time. I used a Boss ME6, PODs and more recently the Zoom G series. I've never been happy with any overdrive/distortion pedals I've used (DS1, Bluesbreaker, Arion Distortion). I also never use the Drive channel on my HRDlx amp as it sounds too harsh for my tastes.

The Cool Cat Drive and Metal pedals have opened my eye's again to the joys of stomp boxes. I'm really happy with the sound I'm getting from these boxes, the combination of the Drive and Metal gives me every level of dirt I could ask for from a little boost to all out mayhem. The Drive pedal on it's own adds a beautiful natural responsive breakup to the signal. I have the Metal pedal setup to add some extra dirt, volume and bottom end to the already overdriven signal coming out of the drive pedal. This gives a glorious sustained crunch sound that works great with my Lemon Drop LP - great for bonamassa, gary moore, ACDC type tones.

The fact that I'm happy with the distortion I'm getting for these CC's in front of the amp has allowed me to move my Zoom G2 to the FX loop and just use it for delay and tuner. This makes my whole sound come alive, the amp sounds better and my guitars sound better.

The Cool Cat Chorus is a really nice sounding Chorus - I'm not a big chorus user but I love to have one ready for whenever I feel like breaking into some Def Leppard and this pedal delivers that classic 80's chorus tone perfectly.

....these pedals have rounded off a great year for gear purchases for me without having to spend big bucks. There really are some great products out there now for the budget conscious guitarist - my Vintage Lemon Drop LP, my Washburn D10S and my Cool Cats have been great purchases for 'relatively' little money - thanks to my fellow fretters who've advised, recommended and demo'd some of this gear before I pulled the trigger.

I'm taking some parental leave from work later this year so expect to see all these new toys appearing on my youtube page before too long..

Good report and thanks! Can't wait to see more Lev vids too. Good to know your thoughts too Robert.

tunghaichuan
August 30th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I like the tone of that Transparent OD, very Voxy.

tung

tot_Ou_tard
August 30th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I like the tone of that Transparent OD, very Voxy.

tung

Yeah, that's the one that has my interest.

Tone2TheBone
August 30th, 2008, 10:13 PM
Yeah Levster you go man. Can't wait to see the new stuff on youtube!

Mr Grumpy
September 27th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Got a Coolcat distortion on the way!

richey88
September 28th, 2008, 09:56 AM
I got my CC fuzz based on Robert's demo, and I have yet to get anything satisfying stacked with my DS-1, Hot Head (another cool Digitech distortion) or Bad Monkey, I do really dig it by itself or boosted with an EH LPB-1.

Robert your demos are as good as your chops are inspiring! Thank you! I am lucky to have stumbled on to Dolphin Street (and this forum via DS) purely by accident! Keep 'em coming! I am polishing my pennies for the Transparent OD, and experience with this? Anyone? Bueller?

richey88
September 28th, 2008, 05:07 PM
Here's the Cool Cat fuzz w/ other Dano pedals through the V18: http://soundclick.com/share?songid=6928873

Dig!

Mr Grumpy
October 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
The cool cat distortion has arrived. Still fiddling with it but so far very impressed. Good build quality, wide range of tones in there, cool blue LED. I dont need any more pedals.....:AOK:

Really, I dont. But the cool cat metal looks nice..wonder if they'll do a tuner? or a flanger, or a compressor, or an EQ.....................:whatever:

Buzzo
October 9th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I amo interested in the fuzz, also the pedal board looks cool. I wonder if it would fit my other pedals.

Algonquin
August 4th, 2009, 03:52 PM
I picked up a Cool Cat drive pedal a couple weeks ago and have been pretty pleased with it so far. For the modest price of $32.50 CDN... how can you go wrong.

I think if you can get your hands on one you will be glad you did :AOK:
Now I'm heading out to make some noise with it!
Cheers :beer:

Robert
August 4th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Yeah, it is a cool pedal. So is the Transparent Overdrive, really sweet blues and country pedal.

markb
August 5th, 2009, 03:11 AM
I picked up a Cool Cat drive pedal a couple weeks ago and have been pretty pleased with it so far. For the modest price of $32.50 CDN... how can you go wrong.

I think if you can get your hands on one you will be glad you did :AOK:
Now I'm heading out to make some noise with it!
Cheers :beer:

Ain't it just! See below :)