PDA

View Full Version : Pet Peeves

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 11:48 AM
Have we done a pet peeve thread yet? Don't think we have.

1. Walking behind people who walk slow. - You have to pass them and you feel obligated to say something to them...or not.

2. Driving behind people who drive slow. - This time you simply pass their arse no actual contact need be done. Depends on their reaction though.

3. People who drive in the fast lane and won't move. - You pass them in the slow lane and give them the finger version of this...:poke:

4. Stopping to get gas/petrol. - Self explanatory but it's a drag to have to stop from driving to your destination to do this.

5. People who talk to other people in the middle of a shopping aisle. - Don't they know I'm trying to shop! Get the hell out of the way! You have to say "excuse me to walk between them when they're the ones that need to be excused!

6. People who talk to other people in the middle of the hallway at your job. - Grrrrrr

7. Having to stop doing what you're doing to go to the bathroom. - Always happens when you get home with cool packages in your hands that need immediate attention to (like guitars and amps and pedals you just got in the mail).

8. People who talk to other people in the background on the phone line when you're trying to talk to them. - :flamemad:

9. People who eat food while they're talking to you on the phone.

10. Dropping soap in the shower.

Your turn.

Robert
January 17th, 2008, 12:03 PM
1. Playing at a jam where the other guitar player is way louder than you.
2. At the same jam, the other guitar player constantly overplays and plays filler licks in 200 spots in the song, when there's really only 12 spots available. Needless to say, your chance of getting a lick in is nil.

WackyT
January 17th, 2008, 12:34 PM
People who pass you, get in front, then slam on the brakes.
People who complain but never provide viable solutions.

Spudman
January 17th, 2008, 01:37 PM
When people don't pay attention when they are driving.
Drivers that don't use turn signals.
Poor communication.
Being unprepared.
Stupidity.
When people cut from one forum and then paste into another forum without adding anything of their own.
Advertising.
When people aren't on time or don't let you know they can't make it.
Laziness.

oldguy
January 17th, 2008, 01:45 PM
People who throw trash along the road (or anywhere else it doesn't belong).
People who dump unwanted animals along the road (+ same as above).
People who trespass and feign stupidity or ignorance as an excuse.

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 02:02 PM
People who throw trash along the road (or anywhere else it doesn't belong).
People who dump unwanted animals along the road (+ same as above).
People who trespass and feign stupidity or ignorance as an excuse.

I won't hunt or fish on your property without permission then. :)

oldguy
January 17th, 2008, 02:12 PM
I won't hunt or fish on your property without permission then. :)
You have permission, Tone. I'll show you the best spots.

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 02:19 PM
You have permission, Tone. I'll show you the best spots.

Done. I'll bbq afterward. :beer:

duhvoodooman
January 17th, 2008, 02:52 PM
People who talk on cell phones in a loud voice in public places.
People who talk on cell phones while driving. Somebody's gonna get killed. And it might not be them.
FretNet specific ones:

People who own 52 guitars, when you only have 8.
People who make pancakes....nekkid!
People who post clips & videos of their playing that is SO MUCH BETTER than yours that you want to use your guitars for kindling.
People who start pet peeve lists.
:rotflmao: Only kidding, guys!! :beer:

Algonquin
January 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Interior campers who've been careless with their food or garbage storage encouraging big black fury critters to later revisit where they once were lucky enough to get a free meal.

You can be as careful as you can be, but you can never be sure what previous jokers were up to.

My daughter and I learned this one the hard way last summer.

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Interior campers who've been careless with their food or garbage storage encouraging big black fury critters to later revisit where they once were lucky enough to get a free meal.

You can be as careful as you can be, but you can never be sure what previous jokers were up to.

My daughter and I learned this one the hard way last summer.

That's an interesting and enlightening pet peeve Algonq good one. That happens here all the time too. We have a lot of black bears and while they're no grizzlies they can still pose a problem. The raccoons also pick up the habit of raiding camper's supplies too...happened to us one night and we busted them royal with the flick of the flashlight. That was kinda funny though but the next morning it wasn't as the little suckers ate all our eggs and sammich meat!

Radioboy950
January 17th, 2008, 04:51 PM
Let’s not forget about the person jawing away on the cell phone while in the restaurant, the movie, the grocery store line, etc. I really don’t care to hear your business!

Mark
January 17th, 2008, 05:16 PM
The one thing that gets my blood boiling, that I despise with the white hot intensity of 10,000 white hot burning suns, the one thing that makes me, a normally nice guy want to rip someones head off ........

People driving under the influence of CELL PHONES!

So far I have almost got my ticket punched twice thanks to these ignorant self absorbed bastages. It is an epidemic here in SoCal and I honestly believe the day is not too far off where traffic fatalities from these people will break records for the death tolls.

BTW DVH I never make pancakes nekkid what kinda nut would do that? Now a good Rib eye in the buff ....that is a very sensible thing:rotflmao:

just strum
January 17th, 2008, 05:23 PM
1) People that touch computer screens.

2) People that stop their conversation so they can answer the phone.

3) micro managers

4) Crooked pictures hanging on a wall.

5) long waits at traffic lights

6) waiting in line

Tone2TheBone
January 17th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Just Strum - #1 and #4...those are good ones I hate that too.

Robert
January 17th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Walking without shoes on a dirty floor. I hate feeling little specks of dirt and sandy particles getting stuck under my feet! Arrgh!

luvmyshiner
January 17th, 2008, 06:07 PM
People who forget to raise the toilet seat when they're finished. Coincidently, these are usually the same people who complain when you pee all over the toilet seat they forgot to raise.:reallymad:

marnold
January 17th, 2008, 06:13 PM
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not. But I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.

t_ross33
January 17th, 2008, 08:11 PM
BTW DVH I never make pancakes nekkid what kinda nut would do that? Now a good Rib eye in the buff ....that is a very sensible thing:rotflmao:

Stay away from frying bacon tho :bootyshake:

My pet peeves:

people reading over my shoulder
people who double park and block traffic because they can't walk the 1/2 block to the store
jaywalkers who cross the street without looking and expect everyone to stop for them
bobby pins in the carpet (I lives with 4 weemen)probably got more, but that's all I can think of for now...

sunvalleylaw
January 17th, 2008, 11:42 PM

1. Walking behind people who walk slow. - You have to pass them and you feel obligated to say something to them...or not.

2. Driving behind people who drive slow. - This time you simply pass their arse no actual contact need be done. Depends on their reaction though.

3. People who drive in the fast lane and won't move. - You pass them in the slow lane and give them the finger version of this...:poke:

4. Stopping to get gas/petrol. - Self explanatory but it's a drag to have to stop from driving to your destination to do this.

5. People who talk to other people in the middle of a shopping aisle. - Don't they know I'm trying to shop! Get the hell out of the way! You have to say "excuse me to walk between them when they're the ones that need to be excused!

6. People who talk to other people in the middle of the hallway at your job. - Grrrrrr

7. Having to stop doing what you're doing to go to the bathroom. - Always happens when you get home with cool packages in your hands that need immediate attention to (like guitars and amps and pedals you just got in the mail).

8. People who talk to other people in the background on the phone line when you're trying to talk to them. - :flamemad:

Your turn.

There is a theme in many of your items that has to do with egress, ingress and right of passage. I really agree with you on those. People standing in doorways, in the middle of the hall. When I was single, before kids, soccer parents in minivans who were not driving with purpose and direction, but kinda meandering and half paying attention. Your others mostly deal with unfocused communication. I agree. Not sure what to make of your #10. Not sure what sort of ingress/egress or communication might apply there. :thwap: :eek:

Justaguyin_nc
January 18th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Hmmm... I don't have many pet peas... I got cats..

Lets see...
leaving food in bowls or containers next to the sink instead of scraping or emptying them in the garbage.
( I do the cooking and dishes..;) )

Half drinks sitting around while others are opened..

Finding the toilet paper roll empty..
(Especially when its not your home)

welp, thats about it..
Im retired..im not in a hurry on the road or in stores..:)

oldguy
January 18th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Wow....can't believe a lawyer wouldn't get #10.........:poke:

Bloozcat
January 18th, 2008, 07:39 AM
People who get into the "10 items or less" line at the grocery checkout with 20 items in their cart.

Women who insist on blocking the shelves in the grocery store with their shopping carts, and then taking forever to decide which item to pick from the shelf (yes, this is definitely a woman thing!).

Really old people driving cars long after their minds have deserted them (hey, I live in Florida...it's an epidemic here!).

People who run red lights long after they've turned red, like they have some right to do so.

Inconsiderate cell phone users...we all know where and how they're inconsiderate in their use.

Mindless "reality" TV shows.

People who repeat the same bad behavior with the same undesirable results, and then complain to you about it.

Oh yeah, and my standard favorites...

Warm beer and soggy toilet paper...:D

Ro3b
January 18th, 2008, 08:48 AM
I think that all right-thinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I'm certainly not. But I'm sick and tired of being told that I am.

Well, I meet a lot of people, and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong-thinking people are right. :D

Discussing most of my serious peeves would violate the forum rules against political discussions. Racists and homophobes I meet should be prepared to be backed into a corner and administered an angry, chest-poking lecture. Ditto people who neglect or abuse animals in their care. I also get pretty pissed about people who stand on the left side of the Metro escalators--surely DC isn't the only place with a stand-on-the-right, walk-on-the-left rule?--and drivers in front of me who don't pull up into the instersection when waiting to make a left turn, thereby forcing me to wait through another red light.

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2008, 09:47 AM
Walking without shoes on a dirty floor. I hate feeling little specks of dirt and sandy particles getting stuck under my feet! Arrgh!

After reading this one I just remembered another one...

11. People who video demo effect pedals barefoot! :thwap:

Robert
January 18th, 2008, 10:01 AM

With socks or without?

Tone2TheBone
January 18th, 2008, 10:21 AM
Without dude. That's just wrong. What if they sell those pedals someone else is gonna touch feet!

marnold
January 18th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Well, I meet a lot of people, and I'm convinced that the vast majority of wrong-thinking people are right. :D
One thing that never, ever fails to not annoy me is when people catch my obscure Monty Python references.

Robert
January 18th, 2008, 12:09 PM

What about this one?
C0IGkIdlK_I#GU5U2spHI_4

Adrian30
January 18th, 2008, 09:25 PM
How about this one? Playing without pants.
yMOK7h9OhcI

Tone2TheBone
January 19th, 2008, 12:29 AM
Socks are nominal. As are shorts or short pants. Nekkid toes on future effect pedals are not. For those of you lucky friends that have purchased pedals from me rest assured that my feet were SHOD thank you very much. *bows*

:D

tot_Ou_tard
January 19th, 2008, 07:54 AM

Your turn.
In other words, Tone hates to wait.

You see, my pet peeve is people who take 10 sentences to pass on 1 sentence worth of info :D.

In other words, I hate to wait. ;)

just strum
January 19th, 2008, 10:03 AM
Socks are nominal. As are shorts or short pants. Nekkid toes on future effect pedals are not. For those of you lucky friends that have purchased pedals from me rest assured that my feet were SHOD thank you very much. *bows*

Seeing that shoes are worn outside and probably walk on and have things attach to them like....well, my goal isn't to gross people out, but bare feet on a pedal start looking a little better.

sunvalleylaw
January 19th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Seeing that shoes are worn outside and probably walk on and have things attach to them like....well, my goal isn't to gross people out, but bare feet on a pedal start looking a little better.

But did you ever wear crocs and work your pedals. :rotflmao: :D I have. Now I am going to do it to one of your old pedals! Neener, neener.

SuperSwede
January 19th, 2008, 02:37 PM
But did you ever wear crocs and work your pedals. :rotflmao: :D I have. Now I am going to do it to one of your old pedals! Neener, neener.

ssssshhhh.. we are not supposed to mention Crocs around T2tb! remember? ;)

Katastrophe
January 19th, 2008, 03:00 PM
One pet peeve of mine:

When you're in Guitar Center and a pimply faced kid tries to play Slayer riffs on a Fender Twin and a Tele. At full volume. Over, and over, and over again.

Disclaimer: No offense meant to our younger fretters. By virtue of your membership here, it certifies that you are smarter than that.:AOK:

Tone2TheBone
January 19th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Crocs on the muff Steve? Well...it's YOUR pedal now dude I can't do nuffin' 'bowt dat.

LowEndWonder
January 29th, 2008, 09:41 AM
People who don't pay attention to you when you're talking to them! :flamemad:

Tone2TheBone
January 29th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Or people who interrupt your discussion with the last bit of comment they had in their RAM.

just strum
January 29th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Ok, what are crocs?

tot_Ou_tard
January 29th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Did you say something? ;)

just strum
January 29th, 2008, 08:10 PM
People that immediately jump in at the end of your story with a story beginning with "I had the same thing happen to me, but..." which actually means "Oh, I can top that". We have a guy at work that does that every time there is a conversation going - DRIVES ME NUTS

just strum
January 29th, 2008, 08:11 PM

Huh, I'm sorry I wasn't listening.

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 11:33 PM
Ok, what are crocs?

http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722171425/page/1.html

I was chastised roundly for wearing them with shorts at a spring gig
! :rotflmao: :D They are also known as Tone's favorite footwear! ;)

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 11:34 PM
People that immediately jump in at the end of your story with a story beginning with "I had the same thing happen to me, but..." which actually means "Oh, I can top that". We have a guy at work that does that every time there is a conversation going - DRIVES ME NUTS

Yeah, that happened to me once, like it was that one time at band camp and . . . :beer:

just strum
January 30th, 2008, 05:01 PM
http://www.zappos.com/n/es/d/722171425/page/1.html

I was chastised roundly for wearing them with shorts at a spring gig
! :rotflmao: :D They are also known as Tone's favorite footwear! ;)

Please tell me they weren't pink :rotflmao:

Those are butt ugly, they must go with a certain guitar that has been discussed - manly???

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Please tell me they weren't pink :rotflmao:

Those are butt ugly, they must go with a certain guitar that has been discussed - manly???

They were Rock and Roll Black, thank you very much!!! :rotflmao:

markb
January 30th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Hey, I wear those things all the time but then I do live very near the beach. Mine are "none more black" too.

just strum
January 30th, 2008, 07:29 PM
Hmmm, I'll stick with GAS and pass on the Crocs.

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2008, 10:42 AM
Hmmm, I'll stick with GAS and pass on the Crocs.

Good choice. :AOK:

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2008, 11:01 AM
Tone2TheBone, when is your birthday? I may just have to get you some crocs dude! I WILL convert you!

LOL!!!

Tone2TheBone
January 31st, 2008, 11:09 AM
Tone2TheBone, when is your birthday? I may just have to get you some crocs dude! I WILL convert you!

LOL!!!

As I said before Stephen......"how 'bout nohhhhhh!

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2008, 11:12 AM
Lol!!!!

Adrian30
January 31st, 2008, 07:09 PM
They were Rock and Roll Black, thank you very much!!! :rotflmao:

I got a pair of the same. Love 'em: light and comfortable. :AOK:

Tone and Strum, you gotta give them a try. 100 times better than playing a Daisy Rock.:D

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2008, 09:26 PM
As I said before Stephen......"how 'bout nuohhhhhh!

Hey, Celebrity Apprentice tonight is all about Crocs, recycling used ones into new shoes for charity! I wonder how many worked effect pedals before getting recycled? :R

tot_Ou_tard
February 1st, 2008, 07:11 AM
I got a pair of the same. Love 'em: light and comfortable. :AOK:

Tone and Justa, you gotta give them a try. 100 times better than playing a Daisy Rock.:D
:rotflmao:Brian, you need to get a pink pair to wear with your wighat :rotflmao:

I've never tried crocs. I have a pair of cheap slippers that I slip on if I want to go down to the basement & play guitar. I've thrown a large area rug down & usually flip the slippers off (damn you slippers! :D) & play barefoot. I had thought that crocs might work well for that.

Tone2TheBone
February 1st, 2008, 09:50 AM
:rotflmao:Brian, you need to get a pink pair to wear with your wighat :rotflmao:

I've never tried crocs. I have a pair of cheap slippers that I slip on if I want to go down to the basement & play guitar. I've thrown a large area rug down & usually flip the slippers off (damn you slippers! :D) & play barefoot. I had thought that crocs might work well for that.

:eek: You don't step on your pedals barefoot do you? That's worse than Crocs dude!

duhvoodooman
February 1st, 2008, 09:59 AM
,,,,100 times better than playing a Daisy Rock.:D

Uh-oh! Don't let Krashpad catch you dissin' Daisy Rock! He might hit you with his! :eek: :rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
February 1st, 2008, 10:07 AM

They do. We who live here in the snow country like them because you can go out in the garage to the beer fridge, or take the compost/garbage out, and not get your feet all wet and cold. And they do work well at insulating your bare feet from your pedals. You can feel the pedals with your toes through the shoe and operate them nicely.

Adrian30
February 1st, 2008, 10:15 AM
Oh, Brian is different, he just HAD to buy one. After so many guitars you run out of brands.:D

just strum
February 1st, 2008, 06:07 PM
I wear Tigger slippers, now they rock:rockon:

tot_Ou_tard
February 1st, 2008, 06:12 PM
:eek: You don't step on your pedals barefoot do you? That's worse than Crocs dude!

H3ll yes I do.

Step

wiggggglleee

step

I believe that is called Stink-on-Ice :D.