PDA

View Full Version : Bonamassa sig. Les Paul

Jimi75
January 18th, 2008, 05:34 AM
FINALLY! I knew that this was gonna happen sooner or later. Man, did Joe become a Gibson man lately. Last time I saw him live (about a year ago) he played almost the entire gig with his 59 Les Paul and swithced only once to an ES335.

I think the LP reallyy suits him perfectly!

Here's some info from the man himself:

Hey Everybody,
Im up late packing for my Nashville trip tomorrow. I am going down to design along with the Gibson Custom Shop a Joe Bonamassa Gibson Les Paul.. First Let me say that it will always be Les's guitar the most successful signature model of all time. Im just doing a interpretation of a ingenious design to begin with. I have seen Les 4 times in Concert and he is brilliant. I even got a picture with him last year. He is a pro's pro. Sound checking after doing 2 shows at 93 years old. Always striving for something new and never satisfied with with the status quo even tho he is a icon of the highest order. With that said I am tremendously honored that Gibson wants to do this. Its every kid guitar players dream to have his/her name on a Gibson Les Paul. I have my #one packed in its well worn case ready to be taken apart and copied. My # One is the Tom Murphy 1959 wild looking Les Paul that I have played for the past 5 years. We havent settled on the final look of the guitar but it will play and be set up exactly the same.. I just wanted to share this as I cant really sleep with excitement. Its like Charlie and the Chocolate factory and Willie Wonka rolled into one event. All I can say about the guitar is its going to be cool..
Thanks for reading...
Joe Bonamassa

Robert
January 18th, 2008, 08:09 AM
Cool, that was bound to happen.

marnold
January 18th, 2008, 08:34 AM
Sweet! Not that I'm going to be able to afford one, but sweet nonetheless!