PDA

View Full Version : inductees Into the Rock-n-Roll Hall

just strum
January 18th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I tried to access the RnR website, but can't get in. So instead of listing all the performers that have been inducted into the hall, I'll just ask my question:

Do you feel that the Hall of Fame is a sham? What acts do you think belong and what acts don't belong?

Madonna inducted into the Hall of Fame - It doesn't sit well with me. Hey, she made a lot of money, she stirred the pot, but does she belong in the Hall of Fame?

Justaguyin_nc
January 18th, 2008, 07:04 PM
I would assume it's like the Oscars or any awards ceremony.. votes.. and then..who is in charge..

As for Madonna.. sure.. she was and still is something.. might not be what you like.. but many do like her..

I would assume anyone that has had a #1 hit with some follow ups in the top 50 should be allowed in.. alot of people got to buy you and enjoy you to be there..

wingsdad
January 18th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I don't think it's any more of a sham than the Baseball or other sports' Halls are, Strummy...that said:

Based on Madonna's 'revolutionary' influence, that probably spawned her wannabe likes of Brittany Spears, to name one, I suppose that 'achievement' merits Hall of Fame. :eek:

But on her body of musical work? She inspired Al Yankovic to pen 'Like A Surgeon'. For that alone, she should be barred :rotflmao: