MxdCWdaUv18

w6ou63LX0NM

JjD4eWEUgMM

bBXQs30CQWc

gKoIkfK18fo

just strum
January 19th, 2008, 02:17 PM
R_of_G,

Nice post. Hard to believe she would have been 65. I was just watching a rock doc on VH1 not too long ago. That was one kick-*** lady.

Adrian30
January 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Just recently watched few youtube vids on her...What a phenomenal person she was. Great post Jason.

sunvalleylaw
January 19th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I was not aware of her consciously until after she was gone. It is very sad how many talented ones from that period were all lost, and about at the same age. Thanks for posting.

R_of_G
January 19th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I was not aware of her consciously until after she was gone.

Me either, though of course I was less than two months old when she passed in Oct. 1970. Luckily my dad was [and still is] very into her music so I got to hear plenty of it. Fair or unfair, she is who I judge all other female vocalists against.

sunvalleylaw
January 19th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Me either, though of course I was less than two months old when she passed in Oct. 1970. Luckily my dad was [and still is] very into her music so I got to hear plenty of it. Fair or unfair, she is who I judge all other female vocalists against.

I would have been just barely 9 or just turning 10 depending on when in October. My parents were not into her stuff(though they did own a copy of Sgt Pepper), and I was hearing more Ray Conniff Singers, Burt Bacharach, Carpenters, Tijuana Brass and the like at the time from them. Oh, and Paul Harvey on AM news radio.

just strum
January 19th, 2008, 03:35 PM
I was not aware of her consciously until after she was gone.

Based on press reports, she wasn't consciously aware of herself for much of the time she was alive.

Justaguyin_nc
January 19th, 2008, 03:41 PM
She seemed like a wild wild flower child... loved her screaming...
really enjoyed her version of Bobby Mcgee.. Kris Kristofferson thought highly or is that high? of her...

would liked to have seen her stick around awhile longer...

tot_Ou_tard
January 19th, 2008, 04:43 PM
I love Janis, she worked so hard to make sense of things. Too hard.