PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Guitar???

just strum
January 19th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Unfortunately this is limited to the US fretters. I just finished reading a little more about the suggested tax rebate. If it goes as proposed it will be approximately $800 for a single person and $1600 if you are married.

Okay, leave all political comments out of this.

If this goes through, anyone planning on a new guitar, amp, more pedals...?

Mine will probably go towards next semesters college tuition for my son. Tempting to skim a little off the top, but must maintain will power to do the right thing.

marnold
January 19th, 2008, 07:30 PM
I haven't seen the details and nothing has been passed anyway, but March 1 (a proposed date for this to go into effect) would coincide almost perfectly with me paying off our van. An amount like that could completely eliminate all the debt I currently have. Then yes, there would be some frivolous spending, but it might be on a laptop rather than a guitar. Although there is this bit about those pickups I've been rambling on about. I won't mention that, though, so Robert won't sob uncontrollably.

luvmyshiner
January 19th, 2008, 07:36 PM
Great, that means I'll only owe the IRS $23,400 instead of $25,000.:reallymad:

Spudman
January 19th, 2008, 08:38 PM
I'm going to party. I'm done buying stuff. :rockon: Maybe a crawdad and Heineken party and some strippers.:AOK:

wingsdad
January 19th, 2008, 08:50 PM
Gee, if my Tacoma DR55 is still sitting on her *** on consignment at my GAS Station in March waiting for someone to buy her, maybe I could be that someone :thwap:

Dunno, though. I stopped in there today and someone from Tennessee is negotiating on it.

Oh, well. I'll just have to pass...:cry:

Kazz
January 19th, 2008, 09:26 PM
I am always looking for another source to pay for my gas attacks.

sunvalleylaw
January 20th, 2008, 01:39 AM
I would likely roll it over to the next years taxes if it passed.

Plank_Spanker
January 20th, 2008, 07:27 AM
I'm going to party. I'm done buying stuff. :rockon: Maybe a crawdad and Heineken party and some strippers.:AOK:

Sounds great!

Need some company? I'll throw in. :D

F_BSurfer
January 20th, 2008, 07:57 AM
If it does happen I might go ahead and build a 18 w amp

tjcurtin1
January 20th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Careful, now - that's Washington talkin'! Don't go spending' no rebate before it's hatched! You know where that'll get ya.... Anyways, what makes you think that the missus is going to let you get your hands on it for such nefarious purposes!

tjcurtin1
January 20th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Now, Spud, remember - this is a mixed-gender forum anymore...!

Spudman
January 20th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Now, Spud, remember - this is a mixed-gender forum anymore...!
I didn't say what gender the strippers would be now did I?;) Either way I think it is a good way to spend my tax rebate. Much better than some silly old guitar. Besides, who needs guitars anyway? :rotflmao:

Adrian30
January 20th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Ummm...because it helps the economy...:D :bravo:

tjcurtin1
January 20th, 2008, 07:07 PM
I didn't say what gender the strippers would be now did I?;) :

:bravo: HA! Touche (missing accent mark...)as they say!:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :AOK:

Brian Krashpad
January 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I'm sure it'll just go to pay off bills.

Wouldn't mind having some repairs done though.

jthoov
January 25th, 2008, 03:02 PM
nawww

no more guitars for me. i'm actually trying to sell one right now to pay off some of my tuition;

i really did want a fender strat though;

Plank_Spanker
January 25th, 2008, 10:30 PM
I think I have my wife talked into letting me buy new pickups for my Studio LP. I'm going to drop in some Doug Aldrich's........................:D