PDA

View Full Version : First recording with some vocals

chongmagic
January 19th, 2008, 11:56 PM
I uploaded my first recording with some vocals. I am not very happy with lead part but here goes. Also, I am not the best singer in the world so please excuse your ears. But this is one of my first so any advice good or bad would be greatly appreciated:)

www.myspace.com/elysianfieldsrock

There's No Time

Thanks for the input!

Justaguyin_nc
January 20th, 2008, 07:24 AM
nice job... nothing at all wrong with those vocals!:bravo:

If I would be critical about anything..I wished the voice was centered.. I use headphones and its pretty far to my left... but thats just nit picking.. it was a good sound...and voice.. keep them comming!

I listened to your other tunes.. can see how your zappa, floyd , rush influences fall into them...

thanks for the tunes!! :AOK:

just strum
January 20th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I don't qualify to be a critic, but I would have to agree with Justaguyin regarding the vocals, they need to be centered. I think the quality of your vocals blend well with the song. For me I heard more of a Tom Petty influence, but that might be because I just heard Refugee before I logged on;)

I'll have to listen to your other recordings

:AOK:

oldguy
January 20th, 2008, 08:11 AM
I agree, get the vocals centered, otherwise, nice job!:AOK:
I think your voice sounded good on this tune, btw.

just strum
January 20th, 2008, 08:32 AM
Dude, I listened to the other recordings - don't be shy about posting more.

chongmagic
January 20th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Thanks for all of the kind words! I have just started experimenting with home recording so I still have a lot to learn.

I am recorded everything using my laptop with an M-Audio Fast Track Pro through Abelton Live 6.

I used a mic through a preamp and plugged the XLR cable in the Fast Track Pro. The problem is that I probably need a mixer to get it to record on both the left and right channels. Is there anyway besides this to center the vocals?

I was thinking that there might be some way to do this in Ableton.

Again, thank you all for you comments!

sunvalleylaw
January 20th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Chongmagic, I really like this track. I like the whole vibe and feel. Keep it up and keep sharing!

ted s
January 20th, 2008, 04:45 PM
:AOK: I like it !! :AOK:

Vihar
January 21st, 2008, 12:29 AM
For me I heard more of a Tom Petty influence, but that might be because I just heard Refugee before I logged on;)

Yes! There's definitely a sweet Heartbreakers vibe to it. The vocals are really too far to the left side, and maybe a hint of reverb and/or delay would add some spice to them - (and the lead guitar too), but that's got nothing to do with your talent. Great solo! I really liked it, keep on rockin'!

chongmagic
January 21st, 2008, 10:25 PM
I centered the vocals and added a little reverb to the lead and vocals. Ableton is really an amazing piece of software! Let me know if that sounds a little better.

Again, thanks for all of the comments!

Chong

Vihar
January 21st, 2008, 11:31 PM
WOW! Beautiful. :)

FrankAxtell
January 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
Atomic Sunset is a very cool musical statement. Tres Dope

chongmagic
January 26th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Thanks again everyone for all the comments. Recording these tracks makes me miss playing in a band. Recording is fun but just doesn't compare with the rush you get playing live with your band. I will post some more later as they become available:)

Thanks again,

Chong

SuperSwede
January 27th, 2008, 01:54 AM
Awesome! Thanks for sharing this with us Chong :)