PDA

View Full Version : Dean

tehuti
October 13th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I'm a big fan of Dean guitars. They offer enough variety and a wide enough price range to meet a lot of players needs. I have two Dean guitars - a resonator (GCE) and an acoustic/electric (Performer) and a Dean acoustic amp. All 3 of those items combined costed me less than a moderately priced Gibson or Taylor guitar would have.

Are there any other Dean enthusiasts out there?

EscalonJon
October 20th, 2005, 03:54 PM
I saw a "vintage" model Dean resonator yesterday. WOW! It had an antiqued sort of bronze/brown finish on the body. Very cool vibe and pretty nice tone. I think it was like $599.00 or $699.00. A friend of mine has the polished/chrome version, they are a good instrument and a good buy. I think Gibson makes a resonator called the "hounddog". It has a similar vibe, but more like a thousand bux.

And how about the USA Hardtails (Droool)?

tehuti
November 4th, 2005, 03:36 PM
Unfortunately Dean discontinued the EVO Deluxe, which was made in the Czech Republic. Well within my price range for a Les Paul type guitar. They sounded really sweet. Of the current crop I am intrigued by the Psychobilly hollowbodies. Too bad they lost the lawsuit over the Bigsby-style tremolo. If you run across one that still has the trem I would recommend picking it up.:cool:

warren0728
December 16th, 2005, 07:40 PM
i am looking at the deans too...the pschobilly or maybe the palamino

would be interested in others opinions on these guitars as compared to ibanez artcore series

ww

Guitar-Chris
December 17th, 2005, 03:11 AM
I have a Dean Vendetta 1.0 a very cheap, but good guitar. I got it as a gift, when i changed my working place. Our second guitarist in the band has a Dean Evo Special Select. Also a very good guitar.