PDA

View Full Version : For Sale/Trade forum permissions update

Robert
January 21st, 2008, 09:25 AM
In order to increase the "trust factor" when buying from other members, we have introduced the following rules:

In order to post in the For Sale/Trade forum, you must have been a member for at least 5 days, and your minimum post count must be at least 20.

Justaguyin_nc
January 21st, 2008, 10:08 AM
Not a bad policy Robert... I almost bought that swamp land that was forsale a few weeks back by a new user.. thank goodness I didn't have the $500,000.00 cash up front with no questions asked....

It sure is hard to judge these days... personally.. I think just leaving links to auctions is the best way..
using something like PAYPAL even though I hate it.. and you still get screwed..
Best to really get to know a person through here as a regular before purchasing from them...
thefret.net should never feel responsible for someones judgement with another forum member... common sense should be their guide.

Kazz
January 24th, 2008, 05:35 AM
I agree common sense will take you far.

tot_Ou_tard
January 24th, 2008, 06:21 AM
I agree common sense will take you far.
How much do you want for yours? ;)

Good policy Robert. I'd even increase the Fret membership time to a month. No need to have people joining just to sell.

Robert
January 24th, 2008, 08:16 AM
Hmm, maybe I'll do just that Tot. You have a good point.

Sblack
January 26th, 2008, 06:22 AM
This is a move in the right direction, Robert. At least the new policy throws up a wall for scammers and spammers, and that is a very good thing. I would only buy from a regular on this forum and whose posts I have read and trust, though.

just strum
January 26th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Yep, I think we all know who to buy from or trade with.

I think there are a number of people here that I wouldn't hesitate to buy from. The only way these people could be crooked is if the whole forum is a scam.

Now, I have this MIA Strat that was once owned by Eric and later given to Jeff as a gift. Eric being fearful of theft, had the guitar head redone with the Squier logo to discourage theft. However, to prove its authentic, the customary cigarette burn is next to the nut, just under the E string.

tot_Ou_tard
January 27th, 2008, 10:37 AM
Now, I have this MIA Strat that was once owned by Eric and later given to Jeff as a gift. Eric being fearful of theft, had the guitar head redone with the Squier logo to discourage theft. However, to prove its authentic, the customary cigarette burn is next to the nut, just under the E string.
I'll take it! :AOK: :D :AOK: