PDA

View Full Version : Vox AD50VT + Das Fuzz... video clip inside!

Robert
March 22nd, 2006, 08:14 PM
Holy Spaghetti, gentlemen - this Das Fuzz pedal ROX!

I made a little video clip for your enjoyment .... hope you like! Using the Boutique amp model for some initial crunch. Then kick on the Fuzz after a while. No other pedals used. I am in love with my Das Fuzz!

http://www.dolphinstreet.com/media/daz_fuzzad50vt_small_clip.wmv

ZoSo65
March 22nd, 2006, 08:21 PM
That sounds killer, Robert!

lol, I like the "shred" comments,,,nice job ;)

Spudman
March 22nd, 2006, 09:56 PM
Robert
I'm not kidding. IF you were in Umea right now you'd be playing with someone that is either huge or would be soon. How do you stay so smooth? Are you giging often?

Robert
March 22nd, 2006, 10:26 PM
Heh, Spudman, I appreciate your support!

Stay smooth? I don't know - beer? I gig once every 2 months. Don't practice much, but I used to practice like a maniac 15 years ago. Maybe something stuck.

Funny you should say that about Umea - I always had a hard time finding people to play with there. Ever since I moved to Canada, I don't have any trouble getting work as a player.

warren0728
March 23rd, 2006, 06:19 AM
hey robert....didn't know you were on the gear page....just saw your post there....noticed your link to thefret.net in your sig....maybe we should all put thefret.net link in our sigs on other forums....

BTW...with your new shredder style i think you need to look more the part....something like this. :D

http://www.warrenworld.com/fret/rob.jpg

ww

tot_Ou_tard
March 23rd, 2006, 07:32 AM
Heh, Spudman, I appreciate your support!

Stay smooth? I don't know - beer? I gig once every 2 months. Don't practice much, but I used to practice like a maniac 15 years ago. Maybe something stuck.

Funny you should say that about Umea - I always had a hard time finding people to play with there. Ever since I moved to Canada, I don't have any trouble getting work as a player.

Excellent yet again Robert!! Thanks

Guitar-Chris
March 23rd, 2006, 08:37 AM
I made a little video clip for your enjoyment .... hope you like! Using the Boutique amp model for some initial crunch. Then kick on the Fuzz after a while. No other pedals used. I am in love with my Das Fuzz!

Great, but something made me wonder: When you play without any pedal, it sounds like there is a delay and a reverb. But the AD50VT does not have this combination. So: What the hell are you doing? Or is it just a short delay so that my ears and my brain are deceived?

Have you the setting for the first part (you say bluesy) on the neck pup? I like this very much.

Robert
March 23rd, 2006, 09:02 AM
I used the only the delay on the amp, no reverb.

The amp setting you mean? I have to look at the settings when I get home. I think I turned down the volume knob a bit on the guitar when I played that bluesier stuff.

That Boutique OD is a really nice amp model!

Warren - good one! If I only could grow hair like that!

Guitar-Chris
March 23rd, 2006, 09:09 AM
I used the only the delay on the amp, no reverb.

The amp setting you mean? I have to look at the settings when I get home. I think I turned down the volume knob a bit on the guitar when I played that bluesier stuff.

Thanks that would be nice, Robert. Have a sore throat (maybe the flue) :( and cannot work, so i have the time to test a bit between drinking tee.:o

Will try this short delay, sounds good.

warren0728
March 23rd, 2006, 09:13 AM
Warren - good one! If I only could grow hair like that!
thanks...as you can tell i spend WAY to much time on thefret.net instead of actually working! ;)

BTW....that video was great....

ww

ZoSo65
March 23rd, 2006, 04:21 PM
BTW...with your new shredder style i think you need to look more the part....something like this. :D

http://www.warrenworld.com/fret/rob.jpg

ww

ROFLMFAO!!!! That's just too funny!!!

Nelskie
March 23rd, 2006, 04:48 PM
Robert - First off, I dig the new 'do!! Hey, Das Fuzz is a really cool-sounding pedal. Pulling back the vol. about midway through video, you were getting some great Robben Ford-ish tones. What setting were you using on your Vox?

marnold
March 23rd, 2006, 05:27 PM
Mit das Fuzz ich habe kein Soloen schkriemen.

My apologies to anyone who really speaks German.

Tim
March 23rd, 2006, 05:39 PM
One must always be on the careful look out for people who claim to be professional photographers. The are sly little deceivers. They do magical things to photographs. Skinny people look fat. Hair challenged people have massive hairstyles. And sometimes you end up in a place you never visited before in your life.

Anyway nice touch up there Warren. But why didn’t take a few pounds off me before posting our jamming session to the world.

UPDATE:

I love that photograph of Robert. " The Master Shreader".

Robert
March 23rd, 2006, 05:42 PM
Hey Marnold - what does that mean!? Isn't that cool name for the pedal - Das Fuzz!

Nelskie, I'll have to check exactly what settings I had on the amp and post this info later when I get home.

marnold
March 23rd, 2006, 09:05 PM
Hey Marnold - what does that mean!? Isn't that cool name for the pedal - Das Fuzz!
It's pseudo German for "With 'Das Fuzz' I have no screaming solos."

Robert
March 23rd, 2006, 10:54 PM
Thanks Marnold. My settings on the Boutique OD was (all o'clock) gain 11am, volume 2pm, treble 1pm, bass and mid 10am, and a touch of delay.

Spudman
March 23rd, 2006, 11:04 PM
So, do you use a brush, pic, or curry comb on that? ROTFLMAO

Spudman
March 23rd, 2006, 11:08 PM
Marnold, Es ist sehr gut.
Sehen sie mein fruendin. Florida ist nicht Tischlick!

Guitar-Chris
March 24th, 2006, 12:08 AM

Hey that's a good idea! Let's all talk german. That makes things easier for me.

Hey, das ist eine gute Idee. Lasst uns alle Deutsch reden. Das macht alles einfacher für mich.

:R

Tim
March 24th, 2006, 06:25 AM
Spuds - Are we picking on Florida today? Not everything is flat in Florida, especially at the beaches, theme parks and out door activities. I love the spring time. Everybody is in a hurry to discard their heavier winter clothes for the lighter designer attire. In this case less is better.

So Spuds, how did a Floridian find her way to Idaho? She has a very nice tan. She’s cute too.

SuperSwede
March 24th, 2006, 06:37 AM
Robert... Das Fuzz beeindruckt mich sehr viel!

Hmm... my german is not that great so lets keep it to english :D

I really love that germanium sound, and you play like a million euros (as always).. two thumbs up :)

Spudman
March 24th, 2006, 08:49 AM
I thought you Floridians would appreciate such a fine state representative. No charge for the promo.

Robert
March 24th, 2006, 09:15 AM
Thanks Swede, glad you liked it. It is such a fun pedal. The tone is killer.

Hey, Spudster, do you get a commission from the Floridian Tourist Board for promoting that? (and how do they pay you...?)

marnold
March 24th, 2006, 09:40 AM
I don't know how to say, "Gadzooks! I predict future back problems" in German.

Babelfish says it would be this: "Gadzooks! Ich sage zukünftige rückseitige Probleme voraus." My two years of high school German are good for making heads or tails out of something that someone has written. It's not much use for actually writing something in German.

Spudman
March 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM
I mainly get paid in trades. It makes my back hurt too but for the deal I'm getting I'm just gonna go with it.

Nelskie
March 25th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Ya' know Spud, I wanted to say something about that avatar right away, but worried that you'd reply that it was your daughter or something. Ouch! But since I now know she isn't, might I just add that "Francine" is one faaaahhhhnnn teenage beauty queen. They shore growin' 'em good down there in tha' Sunshine State! PLAY SUM SKYNYRD, MAN! :D

Tone2TheBone
March 28th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Ok I just now saw this thread and am bummed for missing out.....

Spudman
March 28th, 2006, 05:43 PM
We do have a wee bit o' fun don't we?

Tone2TheBone
March 29th, 2006, 08:54 AM
Aye...............

Justaguyin_nc
August 10th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I had to mention this.. maybe it's already been mentioned.. I was just looking around at pedals on the web and Das Fuzz came to mind.. well there on their own home page ad for this pedal is Robert Renman demoing it for them.. http://www.bajatechcustom.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=63 congrats Robert... maybe some free pedal's from them will get more demo's..

Robert
August 10th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Yeah, I thought that was kinda neat. They emailed me and asked for permission to use my video demo. Hope to receive a large box of pedals by Monday... :eek:

duhvoodooman
August 10th, 2006, 07:46 PM
Hey, we can all say we knew Robert before he got famous!

Now I'm waiting for the Das Fuzz RR model to hit the streets!

Seriosuly, Robert, that's quite an honor, I think.

Guitar-Chris
August 10th, 2006, 10:54 PM
Hey, we can all say we knew Robert before he got famous!

Yes, i made notices for my book: "Robert Renman - The early days".

Robert
August 11th, 2006, 08:00 AM
Haha, you guys kill me! I did also get a cable and t-shirt from Vox as saying thanks for selling the Vox amps for us. That was pretty neat - they are a huge company. In comparison, the company making the fuzz pedal is a very small business. (I was just joking about the box of pedals! All I get is some fame, but that is okay)

Tinky-Winky
August 11th, 2006, 01:46 PM
Seriously Robert, all you need to do now is uncover a few other great products unknown to the rest of us and soon everyone will know your name!