PDA

View Full Version : "Till There Was You"

Vihar
January 22nd, 2008, 05:23 AM
It's that nice jazzy tune, most famously covered by the Beatles.

Here's the BT: http://www.box.net/shared/6gp2fqrcw8

Here's my take on it: http://www.box.net/shared/vuxr5jjoc8

Have fun!

Justaguyin_nc
January 22nd, 2008, 10:05 AM
:bravo: really enjoyed your take Vihar.. and thanks for the backing..

oldguy
January 22nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Vihar, that sounded great!:bravo:
Thanks for your take, and a cool BT.

I took a shot at it here.

http://www.box.net/shared/wfgwbh0ook

R_of_G
January 22nd, 2008, 04:53 PM
Vihar and OG, very nicely done! Thanks for sharing with us.

oldguy
January 22nd, 2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks, Jason. I still find I'm clumsy fingered on tunes like this, but I'll post 'em anyway. Vihar's take was way smoother, and I applaud him for sharing.
This BT is just great, btw, I hope more Fretter's will download it and practice w/ it, even if if they don't post a clip. Songs like this are so melodic they just deserve to be recognized.
Thanks, Vihar, you rock!!!:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Vihar
January 22nd, 2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks, guys. :)

Oldguy, wow! I love your dreamy sounding approach, with that nice reverb. At 0:58... those chimey notes are beautiful. Tasty!

sunvalleylaw
January 22nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, OG! I like it done with a surfy feel. Both takes are very nice you guys, Vihar, I really like the warmth of yours, and how you tweak those notes just so. Both are great guys! Thanks also for the backer. I am sure to practice with it.

oldguy
January 22nd, 2008, 11:55 PM
Vihar, I'm glad you enjoyed my take on this lovely song.:)
Thank you for posting your take and the backing track:beer: :beer: ..... sometimes I forget how nice a tune like this is, just to dream away and play........;) ;)

Robert
January 23rd, 2008, 08:34 AM
Cool one! Good playing guys. Oldguy, what guitar were you using and what pickup position? I dig the tone, man.

This song makes me feel like I'm on a cruise ship! :)

oldguy
January 23rd, 2008, 09:50 AM
That was the Switch-bridge pickup-volume & tone both wide open. The POD was the "black panel" setting, and I tweaked it for some delay and a hint of chorus along w/ the reverb.
I wish I were on a cruise ship about now. Man it's been cold here! (Anytime it drops below 10 deg. F. and the wind blows from the north I think it's cold.) :rotflmao:

M29
January 23rd, 2008, 08:03 PM
Wow guys that was nice:AOK: What a refreshing sound thanks for sharing.

M29

Tim
March 31st, 2008, 08:01 PM
OK, so I am a little slow at reviewing this backing track. I think the song and the great performances by Vihar and Old Guy are pretty darn good. I have two problems with this song. Not only can I not find the proper scale or position to play the solo, but I can't even figure out the chord progression. No wonder I am having so much trouble learning how to play guitar! Am I lost or what? Can someone direct me to the exit please? :mad:

SuperSwede
April 1st, 2008, 01:07 AM
Can someone direct me to the exit please? :mad:

I´m sorry Tim.. the fret.net rules are simple.. You can always check in, but you can never check out..

Tim
April 1st, 2008, 07:12 AM
I´m sorry Tim.. the fret.net rules are simple.. You can always check in, but you can never check out..

LOL! :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I feel like I am stuck in the "Hotel California".

Tim
April 1st, 2008, 05:21 PM
Can anybody help me with the chord progression and scale position? I think it is in the key of "F" but I hit a few wrong notes with playing a major or minor scale. I also tried playing the F-B-C chord progression, but it sounds wrong also. I am confused :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tim
April 2nd, 2008, 03:31 PM
Can anybody help me with the chord progression and scale position? I think it is in the key of "F" but I hit a few wrong notes with playing a major or minor scale. I also tried playing the F-B-C chord progression, but it sounds wrong also. I am confused :confused: :confused: :confused:

Anybody ???? :thwap:

sunvalleylaw
April 3rd, 2008, 11:50 AM
Well Tim, I was interested too, so I did a quick Tab search and pulled up this:

http://www.guitaretab.com/m/music-man/13117.html

F is right but the rest, according to this, is different then F-B-C. I don't vouch for this, but seems worth trying.

Tim
April 6th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks Steve! Boy was I completely off on the chord progression. Even if the one you provided is off a little, it was way closer than my guessing.