PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Scott Henderson

Robert
January 22nd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Check it out - http://media.bossus.com/bugonline/features.asp?art=henderson

He talks about the RC-2 looper pedal too.

The advise he gives at the end of the interview is so true and so important - I say the same thing to all people emailing me asking how to get better. There is no substitute for sitting down and doing the work! :bravo:

mark wein
February 4th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Nice...I've gotten to meet him at the NAMM show in past years and he has always been pretty cool...

Robert
February 4th, 2008, 11:54 AM
That's interesting to hear. He seems like a funny man. I read his Q & A on his discussion board every month.

Was he there demoing Suhr gear?

mark wein
February 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
That's interesting to hear. He seems like a funny man. I read his Q & A on his discussion board every month.

Was he there demoing Suhr gear?

Yeah...this year I didn't get to talk to him but I got to see him jam with some songs on his laptop...great stuff....somewhere between inspirational and discouraging....

Sblack
February 6th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Scott's guitar playing is a lot like Coltrane's sax playing. Every time I listen, I hear the subtleties and nuances of idea bending and outside tones, and I shake my head in pleasurable disbelief.

mark wein
February 6th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Scott's guitar playing is a lot like Coltrane's sax playing. Every time I listen, I hear the subtleties and nuances of idea bending and outside tones, and I shake my head in pleasurable disbelief.

The strange thing is that sometimes I hear alot of John Scofield in his playing....

tot_Ou_tard
February 7th, 2008, 10:03 AM
There is no substitute for sitting down and doing the work! :bravo:
I've tried subsituting standing up & doing the work. Perhaps, that is where I've been going wrong. ;)