PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Django!

R_of_G
January 23rd, 2008, 10:41 AM
Today marks the anniversary of the birth of Django Reinhardt. It should be a holiday for all guitar players.

oldguy
January 23rd, 2008, 11:05 AM
OK, then, I'm taking the day off!
Thanks for the info, I did not know that.
My son and his wife are expecting a baby boy to arrive sometime early summer, and are discussing the name......... you guessed it, Django.

tot_Ou_tard
January 23rd, 2008, 11:09 AM
I love Django!!!!

I have this Mosaic set (fantastic!):

http://www.mosaicrecords.com/prodinfo.asp?number=190-MD-CD

R_of_G
January 23rd, 2008, 11:28 AM
My son and his wife are expecting a baby boy to arrive sometime early summer, and are discussing the name......... you guessed it, Django.

My oldest cat is named Django. Also, our best friend had a baby this morning, a girl. I pointed out to her that she should make sure she encourages her to play guitar when she is old enough. Maybe something will rub off on her bc of the bday.

pie_man_25
January 23rd, 2008, 05:05 PM
sweet, this SHOULD be a day off for us! Man that is one GREAT guitarist django.

tjcurtin1
January 23rd, 2008, 06:43 PM
THere was a good piece on NPR tonight (only caught the last part) with John Jorgenson (I don't know him) whose quintet has just come out with an album of gypsy jazz inspired by Django - cool music, and he talks about the huge influence of Django on the way the guitar was/is played.

just strum
January 24th, 2008, 06:02 PM
I missed this one - Happy Belated Birthday. Pick out two guitars because of my oversight.:rockon: :rockon: