PDA

View Full Version : Interesting tuner pedal - Korg Pitch Black Pedal Tuner

Robert
January 24th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Korg Pitch Black Pedal Tuner

Check this out http://www.guitarcenter.com/Korg-Pitch-Black-Pedal-Tuner-210087-i1386425.gc

I so want that! :bravo:

True bypass, small, black - just what I need! Just hope it works well of course... :pancake:

Big K
January 24th, 2008, 01:28 PM
looks like a nice unit, i use a Korg chromatic credit card sized unit that seems to work pretty well..

may want to check out the Fender pedal tuner which lists for about half of the Korg?

Robert
January 24th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Which one is that Big K? Is it true bypass? That is a nice feature when you have many pedals.

SuperSwede
January 24th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Robert, that tuner seems like a fantastic addition to your lineup! It even feeds 9v power to your other pedals! +1

Plank_Spanker
January 24th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Looks straight forward and to the point. Korg makes great gear. Both of my tuners are Korg.

Don't they own Boss?

Big K
January 24th, 2008, 03:59 PM
Which one is that Big K? Is it true bypass? That is a nice feature when you have many pedals.

doesn't say, so probably not:confused:

http://fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0239990000

Planet Waves & Dean Markley pedal tuners both state true bypass, the Korg is sure more appealing with the all black exterior.....

Robert
January 24th, 2008, 04:01 PM
I already asked my local store manager when he can have one ready for me... :D
I am such a pedal junkie, aren't I ..... and I'm dang proud of it!! :beer:

Big K
January 24th, 2008, 04:09 PM
any news on when your new Dano's will be in?

Robert
January 24th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Not yet... still a wait'n....

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2008, 12:01 AM
I sure like my little korg tuner that is not a pedal tuner. I bet this one will be great!

stingx
January 25th, 2008, 07:55 AM
This is the best, most accurate tuner I've ever owned.

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/images/wip/DSCN1366-200w.jpg

http://www.turbo-tuner.com/

Robert
January 25th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Tell us more about it Stingx. No pedal switch? How do you hook up yours when playing live then?

stingx
January 25th, 2008, 09:13 AM
Tell us more about it Stingx. No pedal switch? How do you hook up yours when playing live then?

It just stays on on the board. It has true bypass and adds no noise or degradation to the chain. Very easy to see even in the darkest conditions. I really like it because it's incredibly accurate and can do all kinds of tunings. Check out the demo on the link I posted.

Robert
January 25th, 2008, 10:38 AM
So you leave it on all the time? That strobe thingy must be spinning like a nut case all the time then? It would be nice if this one was designed like a normal pedal tuner so one could just turn it on/off with a tap with the foot.

stingx
January 25th, 2008, 10:53 AM
So you leave it on all the time? That strobe thingy must be spinning like a nut case all the time then? It would be nice if this one was designed like a normal pedal tuner so one could just turn it on/off with a tap with the foot.

I have other tuners, like my planet waves one, that do that. I just really like this particular one - the way it tracks, the way I notice a definite difference when it tune with at as opposed to something else, etc. Just a suggestion. Having lights in a pedal board doesn't really bother me though.

oldguy
January 25th, 2008, 11:37 AM
In the dark it'd look like a miniature ufo w/ the lights circling....:bravo:

Sting, does the strobe settle in and stop, or does it kinda drift?
On some needle tuners w/ the sharp/flat arrow lights, the lights are mostly "close enough" indicators, and the needle wavers like it's almost, but not quite there.

stingx
January 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM
In the dark it'd look like a miniature ufo w/ the lights circling....:bravo:

Sting, does the strobe settle in and stop, or does it kinda drift?
On some needle tuners w/ the sharp/flat arrow lights, the lights are mostly "close enough" indicators, and the needle wavers like it's almost, but not quite there.

It settles. Just check out the demo on the web page I linked to. Very informative. This came recommended from a friend from The Gear Page. I wanted a true strobe tuner and this one received excellent reviews. I figured for the price I couldn't go wrong. I have several other tuners, stomp and otherwise, but this one is just fantastic. I have heard they are coming out with a stomp version. That rumor is pretty old as I heard it quite a while ago. Would be a nice option if they did.

oldguy
January 25th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I did look at the demo, was just curious what your thoughts were, having used it first hand. Demos are fine, owners are experienced w/ the product.:beer:
Thanks, Sting.

Justaguyin_nc
January 27th, 2008, 02:51 PM
I wanted a true strobe tuner

I read that alot.... is the Korg a true Strobe or emulated strobe when in that position?

their description does not seem to say clearly...

also on the fender tuner..I like mine alot..but its slow and does not track very well or keep up I mean? ... my darn built in tuner on toneport keeps up better.. but it does tune..:)

how fast are these others?

Robert
April 8th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I just picked up my Pitch Black tuner! :dude:

I will try it out tonight. It looks cool too! :dude:

sunvalleylaw
April 8th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Cool. Let us know Robert.

Robert
April 8th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I love it! It's accurate, small, fast, and black. What else does a guy need? :rockon:

WackyT
April 8th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Looks straight forward and to the point. Korg makes great gear. Both of my tuners are Korg.

Don't they own Boss?

Nope. Roland owns Boss.