PDA

View Full Version : Digitech RP-200A Multi-Effects Pedal

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2006, 10:00 AM
Anybody got any experience with this pedal? It looked pretty cool to me, so I bought a "nearly-new" one off eBay for $100 including shipping, to use with my new (to me!) Peavey Delta Blues amp. After enjoying the multitude of amp models and effects on my VOX AD30VT, I didn't want to sacrifice all that sonic flexibility going to an all-tube amp. So I hope to have the best of both worlds with the combination of the Peavey and this multi-effects pedal.

I know Katastrophe raves about his RP-80, which is very similar to the RP-200A, minus a couple of bells & whistles. Anybody here got any direct experience with it? If so, please gimme the lowdown! Also, I assume this would work best in the effects loop of the Peavey, as opposed to between the guitar and the amp? Share your knowledge, oh techie gurus!! :D

Guitar-Chris
March 23rd, 2006, 10:21 AM
Anybody here got any direct experience with it? If so, please gimme the lowdown!

I had the RP-200A for a time in front of a Roland Jazz-Chorus. It worked well. But you have to set up the amp very clean. When you combine a crunchy amp with a crunchy amp model, that sounded bad for me.

The reverb programms are great and there are also great amp models. You have the possibilit to use the pedal in many ways...

But: You don't have the chance to switch the different effects each for it's own, so I later used a Digitech GNX-1 which has got more footswitches. Tody i don't use so much effects, because I was creating patches more than making music. So I sold the multieffects.

Tim
March 23rd, 2006, 10:39 AM
VooDoo – Chris is correct on spending a lot of time creating patches in search of that perfect tone. There is always one better hidden in there. It just takes time to find it.

I have the RP-100A. I use it in front of my Peavey Envoy 110 40-watt S/S amp. It produces some very nice sounds and the effects are very good.

CAUTION: Don’t even waste you time put this in front of you VOX AD xxVT amp. 2 digital amp modelers do not mix. They make a terrible sound together. Keep you RP-200 with the Peavey Delta Blues amp.

The factory patches really stink. There is plenty to be found on the Digitech web site forum. Sign in and find your poison: http://www.digitech.com/soundcomm/guitar_product_start.asp?productid=170.

I hope this helps answer your questions and wanted knowledge.

duhvoodooman
March 23rd, 2006, 10:56 AM
Thanks, guys--very helpful comments. I'll definitely check out that link, Tim.

CAUTION: Don’t even waste you time put this in front of you VOX AD xxVT amp. 2 digital amp modelers do not mix. They make a terrible sound together. Keep you RP-200 with the Peavey Delta Blues amp.
Thanks for the warning. No intentions of using it w/ the VOX, I assure you! Got it strictly for those times I'm looking to add something the Peavey can't do on it's own....