PDA

View Full Version : What is on your kid's iPod (or mp3 player)?

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2008, 12:27 AM
My son got a new iPod shuffle, and has loaded his with the following in order of how many songs each:

Weezer
Beatles
U2
Some surf guitar including Los Straitjackets and Laika and the Cosmonauts
Ramones
MxPx
Johnny Rivers (because he has learned the some of Secret Agent Man)
A Buffet song
and a song each from Stray Cats and Elvis Costello

Now I admit I have influenced him, but he does like and choose to play this stuff. His favorites are probably the Beatles and Weezer.

Curious what might show up on some of the other kids' MP3 players.

Jimi75
January 25th, 2008, 03:03 AM
My kids are way too small for having an iPod already. They are 4 and 6 years old.

BUT, my kids got a cd player in their room and my son asked me two days ago if I could put on Richie Kotzen's "Acoustic Cuts" and Joe Bonamassa's "Sloe Gin" for them - I think this is good :AOK:

Kazz
January 25th, 2008, 05:24 AM
Sunny what age is this child you speak of? Heck I am pushing 40 up hill faster than gravity allows and I just got into the Beatles about 5 years ago....

Pretty eclectic taste your son has.

my 16 year old Son is really in to Eric Clapton and is playing some of his newer stuff on guitar. I just sent him a few EC cds to load up on his ipod. He is also in to Poison and is learning Talk Dirty to Me.....

our 10 year old Daughter is pretty much only in to country music....but I do hear her singing along with Tesla in the car occasionally.

mechanic
January 25th, 2008, 06:09 AM
My son who's 20 has Zeppelin, AC/DC, the Who, Green day, and unfortunately
eminem and some 50 cent.
My Daughter who's 13 has Hillary Duff, Aly & AJ, Miley Cyrus, Martina Mcbride,
Avril Lavigne, Tim McGraw.
Eric

Brian Krashpad
January 25th, 2008, 07:55 AM
My daughter's mainly has Switchfoot on it. Also some Newsboys and a couple by the All-American Rejects.

And possibly one Hives song, but that's because her brother needed it for an audition.

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2008, 09:38 AM
Sunny what age is this child you speak of? Heck I am pushing 40 up hill faster than gravity allows and I just got into the Beatles about 5 years ago....

Pretty eclectic taste your son has.

My son is starting to get into some Switchfoot, but does not have it on the iPod yet. He is 10, and his eclectic taste comes from us, and things I have called his attention to since we began guitar lessons together. His buddies are mostly into Weezer-ish type things, and classic rock. My other son really likes the Weezer and MxPx stuff and Beatles. My 4 year old daughter likes "High Five" on TV and "High School Musical". It starts already!

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2008, 09:49 AM
My kids are way too small for having an iPod already. They are 4 and 6 years old.

BUT, my kids got a cd player in their room and my son asked me two days ago if I could put on Richie Kotzen's "Acoustic Cuts" and Joe Bonamassa's "Sloe Gin" for them - I think this is good :AOK:

Wow, that is pretty amazing! But it goes to show that exposure makes a big difference.

t_ross33
January 25th, 2008, 10:34 AM
I got my 7 yr old the Curious George soundtrack for Christmas, it's actually pretty cool, lots of groove from Jack Johnson. Mellow, but at least it's "musical".

My 10 yr old has High School Musical 1 and 2, some Taylor Swift etc.

My 12 (almost 13 yr old) is starting to get into some heavier stuff. We sent her to summer camp and she was all "Hillary Duff" and "Barbie Princesses" and came back a week later rawkin' Billy Talent, All American Rejects, Weezer, Headly, 3 Days Grace, Collective Soul :bravo: Dad's a happy camper. Mom just shakes her head.

Trev

pie_man_25
January 25th, 2008, 10:58 AM
let's see, I've got some zeppelin, wolf mother, the who, the band, rush, iron maiden, metallica, stevie ray vaughan, the stray cats and some ac/dc.

pie_man_25
January 25th, 2008, 11:01 AM
I got my 7 yr old the Curious George soundtrack for Christmas, it's actually pretty cool, lots of groove from Jack Johnson. Mellow, but at least it's "musical".

My 10 yr old has High School Musical 1 and 2, some Taylor Swift etc.

My 12 (almost 13 yr old) is starting to get into some heavier stuff. We sent her to summer camp and she was all "Hillary Duff" and "Barbie Princesses" and came back a week later rawkin' Billy Talent, All American Rejects, Weezer, Headly, 3 Days Grace, Collective Soul :bravo: Dad's a happy camper. Mom just shakes her head.

Trev

I shake my head also, calling billy talent and all those names rock this is a facepalm moment :thwap: seriously, show her some pantera and metallica, then she'll be rockin'!!!:rockon:

Justaguyin_nc
January 25th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I have four kids... but, they are old enough to be my friends now..:)

So I don't get to see what's on their Ipod.. However I do get to see pictures of them having a good time.. here is one of my baby gurls... she turned 30..:thwap:

no telling what was on her IPod...:rotflmao:

SuperSwede
January 25th, 2008, 11:33 AM
My daughter listens to Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus. She got CD´s , DVD´s and a Mp3 player (512mb) with all of her songs on it.
At least she enjoys music of some form ;)

I might add that she is 8 years old...

marnold
January 25th, 2008, 01:12 PM
My 10 year old just got an MP3 player for Christmas. He has some older (to him, 5 years ago) pop songs on there, some They Might Be Giants (specifically from their "No!" album), and his favorite song "Rockin' in the Free World."

I think he's a budding headbanger too because when I played some Dragonforce for them in the car, the other two boys hated it but he said, "Sounded pretty good!"

Spudman
January 25th, 2008, 04:00 PM
My daughter listens to Hannah Montana/ Miley Cyrus. She got CD´s , DVD´s and a Mp3 player (512mb) with all of her songs on it.
At least she enjoys music of some form ;)

I might add that she is 8 years old...

My daughter is 9 and the same stuff is on her Mp3.
However....:cool: I manage to sneak some Cardigans, Kaipa, Beatles, The Feeling and whatever good female artists and complex pop on to it as well. We listen to prog on the way to and from school. Her mom makes her listen to Aerosmth, Poison, Cinderella, Slaughter and Queensryche whenever they drive anywhere.

sunvalleylaw
January 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM

Trev

We had that playing quite a bit in the house for a while when it came out. It still is a nice, mellow listen.

luvmyshiner
January 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
My son has Iced Earth, Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13 (ok, this one worries me a little bit:eek: ), Rise Against, Within Temptation, Seether, Skinlab, Bullet for my Valentine, Dragonforce, and Trivuim.

He came down for the weekend so I just asked him.

t_ross33
January 25th, 2008, 08:18 PM
show her some pantera and metallica, then she'll be rockin'!!!:rockon:

All in good time my man, all in good time. It's hard to go from Hillary Duff to Damage Plan in one jump :rotflmao:Besides, Mrs. T would have a conniption fit I'm sure.

Rush is touring this year, maybe I'll have to drag her along (cuz I'm going no matter what! :dude:)

Trev

just strum
January 25th, 2008, 08:51 PM
My kids don't have iPods or MP3 players, only CD players. My 18 year old son listens to Hendrix, Beatles, Zepplin, The Who, Pink Floyd, Dylan... I need to get him listening to the blues, but not sure if he will take to it. My daughter listens to the Beatles, marching band recordings and musical soundtracks. Well, that's what she's listening to this week.

My wife received a free MP3 player and I loaded The Stones Let It Bleed and Exile on Main Street, I mix of Paul Thorn, Radiohead - In Rainbows, Elvis Costello

I loaded it before it got contaminated with Barry and Barbara:puke:

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2008, 02:09 AM
My daughter is 9 and the same stuff is on her Mp3.
However....:cool: I manage to sneak some Cardigans, Kaipa, Beatles, The Feeling and whatever good female artists and complex pop on to it as well. We listen to prog on the way to and from school. Her mom makes her listen to Aerosmth, Poison, Cinderella, Slaughter and Queensryche whenever they drive anywhere.

I currently force feed my kids with Steely Dan "Everything must go" (courtesy of Spuds CD service, thank you) whenever we drive somewhere.
+1 for Cardigans, I used to hang out with them when they lived in Jönköping but that was in their early career.

Kazz
January 26th, 2008, 07:20 AM
My son has Iced Earth, Frankenstein Drag Queens from Planet 13 (ok, this one worries me a little bit:eek: ), Rise Against, Within Temptation, Seether, Skinlab, Bullet for my Valentine, Dragonforce, and Trivuim.

He came down for the weekend so I just asked him.

Shiner....

One of my boys is heavily into that Rise Against stuff...I listened to it....it scared me....lmao.

luvmyshiner
January 26th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Kazz, most of what my son listens to scares me.:saw:

Tone2TheBone
January 27th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Both my daughters, 15 and 9, are really huge Beatles fans. Both of their iPods are loaded with pretty much all of their catalog. As does Dad.

Oldest has everything from AC/DC to ZZ Top, along with her kind of music...AFI, Switchfoot, Wavorly, Three Day's Grace, Sum 41, Simple Plan, Red, Paramore etc. Youngest has Beatles...and a couple of Beatles albums and another Beatles record...or two. :bravo: She's got ALL of the really cool stuff we all love too. :D