PDA

View Full Version : VOX ADVXX owners

Kazz
January 25th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Can you guys post some pictures of the control panel on these amphs? My son is telling me about one in an email but I cannot find pictures anywhere.

Radioboy950
January 25th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I have the 50 watter, which looks like this.
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/

Another model, the older AD60VT, has a blue face for the control panel, in case he's looking at that instead.

djmcconnell
January 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Here are two sites dedicated to Vox uses who want to tweak their sound (or achieve classic sounds):

http://valvetronix.net/

and

http://www.patchtronix.com

duhvoodooman
January 25th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I have the 50 watter, which looks like this.
http://www.voxamps.co.uk/valvetronix/

Another model, the older AD60VT, has a blue face for the control panel, in case he's looking at that instead.
The 30W AD30VT has the exact same control panel.

The AD60/120VT models (no longer made) are VERY different. More amp models and effects types, and the effects selections are set up completely differently to give you many more options for running multiple effects in combination. These were substantially more expensive amps than the newer AD15/30/50/100VT series.

piebaldpython
January 25th, 2008, 11:38 PM
Uh..can you run a couple of different FX's at the same time?? Is that what is being implied here??? Lot's of you have the AD30VT's; are you all pretty happy with that as an amp? It has a couple of channels, amp modeling and FX galore?
Being a NOOB, my only concern is that with so much on tap, amp models and FX, that one can be overcome by all the choices and just try this and that and not concentrate on PLAYING and therefore improving.
So, maybe a good reason why I am leaning towards a no frills TUBE amp. Hmmmmm........any thoughts out there???

Radioboy950
January 26th, 2008, 01:15 AM
Uh..can you run a couple of different FX's at the same time?? Is that what is being implied here??? Lot's of you have the AD30VT's; are you all pretty happy with that as an amp? It has a couple of channels, amp modeling and FX galore?
Being a NOOB, my only concern is that with so much on tap, amp models and FX, that one can be overcome by all the choices and just try this and that and not concentrate on PLAYING and therefore improving.
So, maybe a good reason why I am leaning towards a no frills TUBE amp. Hmmmmm........any thoughts out there???
The longer I've had the amp (AD50VT), the less I fiddle around with the effects, although it is nice to have them available. I've pretty much found the amp models I like and stick to those. The cleans are very good, and there are a couple nice overdrive models, although I don't care too much for the high-gain stuff. But you can manually tweak anything. Too much gain for your ears? Dial it back. Too much thump? Dial it back. Want more repeats in the delay, tap it or dial it.
While you can not manually combine effects of your choice, the amp includes some combo presets such as chorus/delay.
It's quite fun to explore what these amps can do, and I did not find it at all overwhelming. If you don't want to mess with the effects, just hit the "bypass" button. It's as easy as that. Go from Tweed to crunch tones to AC30 with the simple twist of the knob. It's that easy. I'd head right to your local music store and try one. Good luck.

Kazz
January 26th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Do any of you know if the AD15 has the same features as the AD30?

just strum
January 26th, 2008, 07:29 AM
I know the one feature the AD15 does not have is the capability to control the watts. On the back of the 30, 50 and I believe the 60, the amps have the capability to go down to 1 watt. It's a nice feature for when you need to reduce the noise level without loss of tone and sound quality.

I don't know about the number of channels, speaker size, modelings,...

I will throw in that I love the amp. I think for the level I am at it is a nice amp to have as I try to explore the sound/tone that appeals to me. By being given this range, I am able to explore without the expensive cost a multiple add-ons and/or multiple amps. I'm sure that day will eventually come, but when it does I will have a better idea or direction of what I am trying to achieve - well, that's the plan anyways;)

Ro3b
January 26th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Yeah, after I got my AD50VT I went a couple of months just twiddling knobs and tweaking before I settled on my "home" settings. But that's necessary, I think. There's a lot to explore.

The AD15VT has the same models and effects as the others in the line. As Strum said, there's no attenuator, and I don't think it has a speaker out jack.

tot_Ou_tard
January 26th, 2008, 02:29 PM
The most unusual thing about the Valvetronix line for newbs is that the tone knobs work differently for each model. They try to mimic the behavoir of the amps in question, but not all amps have a treble, mid, & bass. Read the manual, it'll give you the lowdown.

I also rarely use effects & have settled on a few models. But every once in awhile I'll try out a little used model. There is always something interesting to be had.