PDA

View Full Version : Blues BT in C w/ orchestra

oldguy
January 25th, 2008, 08:55 PM
Well, don't know quite what to say about this. I've been practicing on Robert's lessons, bends, chromatics, vibrato, and threw it down here. I was way into the tune and thought I did good, till I listened back and heard how I choked at the beginning (and again....and again...):thwap: :thwap:. But I was using some new scales, etc, etc, so I just ran with it. Then I listend to it. Then I re-did it. Then I said the he!! with it, my fingers hurt, I'm posting it. It is what it is, and I probably won't live long enough to get it right, with global warming, meteorites, and the like....:eek: ;) ;)
Critiques, suggestions, help welcomed.....:whatever:

And the backer's in the BT section.

http://www.box.net/shared/pt7aaf9wsc

Justaguyin_nc
January 25th, 2008, 09:02 PM
I don't know if your playing will create a global warming..
But it surely warms the hearts around thefret.net

Enjoyed it!!:bravo: :dude: :bravo:

oldguy
January 25th, 2008, 10:08 PM
Thanks, Justa.......
That means alot to me. I'm trying to incorporate more of what I'm learning into my playing, and I still seem to be my worst critic....(but I think we all are, sometimes). TheFret is the place to learn, have fun, and find encouragement as the learning curve flattens.:beer: :beer: :beer:

I'm glad you liked it.........

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2008, 02:11 AM
Smooth, soulful & honest. Thanks for sharing this with us!

sunvalleylaw
January 28th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Yeah, what Swede said. My first thought was soulful! Full of heart. Loved it!

oldguy
January 29th, 2008, 09:47 PM
Thanks, everybody. I'm still trying..........:D :D :D :beer: :beer:

Algonquin
January 29th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Glenn... what I like about you most is how humble you are.

Your playing is excellent in everything I've heard, and this one is no exception! I can't express enough thanks to all like yourself here at the Fret who contribute this way... I'm hopeing to get my recording act together soon and try to contribute as well.

Cheers!!! :beer:

David

oldguy
January 30th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Thanks, Algonquin, we'll be looking forward to your clips (when you're ready).
Everyone who contributes here deserves a big "Thank You!". :AOK:
And judging from your avatar, I'd say you have plenty of time to post your recordings........... you sure got a headstart on me..........;)
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Thanks, David:D

stingx
February 1st, 2008, 07:07 AM
Hey Oldguy this soooooooooo reminds me of Gary Moore from the start of the track. Love the tone of the guitar. Your playing is just fantastic and it makes me want to pick up my guitar and play but, unfortunately, I'm listening to this from work so that's not going to happen :)

oldguy
February 1st, 2008, 07:49 AM
Thanks so much, Pete. The BT is to "Still Got The Blues", I said when I posted it in the BT section someone probably knew it, and sho' 'nuff, you got it, bro!:D

I tried to start it with the feel of the song, then just kinda drifted off into my own thing......
Glad you enjoyed it, and that BT's there if you want it when you get off work.:)

FrankAxtell
February 1st, 2008, 08:12 AM
Man I think it sounds real good...just keep up your woodshedding, It will only get better in time. The important thing is your studying, playing and recording. Keep up the fine work my friend!

Adrian30
February 1st, 2008, 08:33 AM
I don't know if your playing will create a global warming..
But it surely warms the hearts around thefret.net

Enjoyed it!!:bravo: :dude: :bravo:

+1. It is a wonderful take on this backing. Loved it all the way.

Radioboy950
February 1st, 2008, 08:34 AM
That is some NICE playing, my brother:bravo:
This tune grabbed me from start to finish, and I did not want to stop listening. Great tone and soulful playing.