PDA

View Full Version : blues in xs

helliott
January 25th, 2008, 10:57 PM
This is part of another project I'm working on. I post it because I like the mix, the sound, and am fairly satisfied with the playing. This is my Strat through my Mesa Lone Star, into the Boss 1200 recorder. Bit of chorus (dublin) added in the mixdown.

http://www.box.net/shared/sfcx8pless

SuperSwede
January 26th, 2008, 02:04 AM
Always a pleasure to hear your guitarwork Helliot!

oldguy
January 26th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Very nice, helliott!! Good sound as well as playing. Made me think of a smokey after-hours juke joint somewhere. Like the way you get that Strat to cry and sing the blues, man.:AOK: :AOK:

ted s
January 26th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Nice Howard !, very tasty indeed.

helliott
January 27th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Thanks guys. Glad you enjoyed it.

just strum
January 27th, 2008, 01:01 PM
helliott,

I don't know how I missed this, I always enjoy your clips.

Very nice.

M29
January 27th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Man that was sweet helliott! Nice tension and build. Sweet tone. Great phrasing. Sweet indeed!

M29

GREENMACHINE
January 27th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Hey Helliot
Man thats was definately awesome! Thats a true blues song there. I can hear an Eric Clapton style and a bit of B.B King in there. Awesome dude keep up the great work! How do you get a distortion like you were using? Just using an amp and an Eric Clapton pedal.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D :rockon:

duhvoodooman
January 27th, 2008, 07:40 PM
TASTY!! :AOK: Very nice, Helliott! Wonderfully greasy tone there.

aeolian
January 28th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Awesome moaning blues! Great playing and great mix. I enjoyed it a lot.

helliott
January 30th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Thannks, guys. I'm here in Reston, Virg., just outside Washington, at an on-line newspaper management thing. Checking in remotely. Glad you liked the clip. Green, the tone is just my Strat through a great amp, the Mesa, a little on the driven side. Added some delay on the Boss recording deck. Verb is mostly the Mesa with a bit added in mixdown.

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Nice playing and tone! You left nice room in there for breath too!

helliott
January 31st, 2008, 10:35 PM
That's the thing. My single biggest sin, and musically I have a lot of them, is overplaying. I struggle to get the spaces right, and the spaces matter every bit as much as the notes. Maybe someday I'll get it right. Sure is fun to keep trying.

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2008, 11:12 PM
I remembered you mentioning that, and I thought you really did a nice job here! :)

GREENMACHINE
January 31st, 2008, 11:43 PM
Thannks, guys. I'm here in Reston, Virg., just outside Washington, at an on-line newspaper management thing. Checking in remotely. Glad you liked the clip. Green, the tone is just my Strat through a great amp, the Mesa, a little on the driven side. Added some delay on the Boss recording deck. Verb is mostly the Mesa with a bit added in mixdown.

Hey Helliott
Ok thanks dude. I really enjoyed your playing ay its was great with the gaps and the feeling behind it was great too. What pup position were you using? You inspired me to keep trying and to really push what I can do and learn more blues, thanks again.

Keep it up man you rock!
GREENMACHINE:D :rockon:

stingx
February 1st, 2008, 07:13 AM
Smokin' and soulful, man! :AOK: :AOK: :AOK:
Just LOVE the tone. That amp and Strat combo are killer. Nicely recorded. Your playing is tasteful and I could listen to tracks like this all day long. Seriously enjoyed this.

helliott
February 1st, 2008, 12:38 PM
Wow. It's great that so many folks are enjoying this, especially given it was three takes and 20 minutes of production. Greenmachine, it's the neck pup. My Strat has S1 capability and it's in gear here.
Thanks to y'all for taking time to comment. Very much appreciated.:beer:

GREENMACHINE
February 1st, 2008, 01:24 PM
Hey Helliott
Ok thanks dude, when I first downloaded this I just kept playing it over and over again each time hearing something different and I really enjoyed it.

Man that seriously rules!
GREENMACHINE

Justaguyin_nc
February 6th, 2008, 12:55 PM
:bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Shweeeeeeeeeet... how did I miss this one.. :AOK:

helliott
February 9th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Thanks for that. I'm very pleased that so many folks seem to like this track. It's the sort of thing that keeps you working at getting better.

Kazz
February 9th, 2008, 04:34 AM
oh hell yeah.....ole kazz gives this a couple ++'s

very nice and bluesy.....wonderful on a rainy Saturday morning.

Kazz
February 9th, 2008, 04:38 AM
a full 3:30 or 4:00 would have been really sweet for me....but I guess the looping mode will have to do.....this really is good stuff.

helliott
February 9th, 2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks, Kazz. I'd have liked more time, but the project involved limited it to that. One good thing, when you have a limited time available, you don't have time to fritter and floa -- you gotta let the tune out quickly.