PDA

View Full Version : Craving a Marshall 30 watt COMBO

LagrangeCalvert
January 28th, 2008, 01:06 AM
The JTM 30 is what I played at a local store (500 USD, USED) and it blew my socks off....it sounded like a JCM800 with a clean channel that was fenderish :confused: .....I got everything from Plexi to Modern gain hard rock sounds out of this 2x10 30 watt combo AND I could crank it like a mad man and not blow the doors off the house. The clean channel was amazing....it had an almost tweed fender clean mixed with a vox style clean. The amp was also VERY dynamic. Pick attack could lend you some great variations in volume and grit.

I had a '72 les paul standard and a highway one strat and a nashville tele at my hands.... I got every sound from sunshine of your love...to recorded led zep sounds to some great Jimi sounds as well.....and the tele on the clean channel put me in twang heaven..... IMHO this is the best Valve marshall I have ever played. Screw lugging around a half stack and not being able to get power tube clip without putting the drums through the PA. My GAS has come up again...... I know what I want!

Has anyone else had the blessing of playing one of these gems in the rough?

Radioboy950
January 28th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Never had the pleasure of playing this one, but just reading your descriiption is bringing on a GAS attack. The last Marshall I played was in 1980. These are discontinued...right??

just strum
January 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
I think a guy at work tried one of these (I'm almost positive this is the amp he referred to) and he just gushed about how great an amp it is. Take your description and dial it up a few of notches. His story was like listening to a sex adventure - when he was done, I had to go outside and have a cigarette.

LagrangeCalvert
January 28th, 2008, 09:57 PM
Never had the pleasure of playing this one, but just reading your descriiption is bringing on a GAS attack. The last Marshall I played was in 1980. These are discontinued...right??

Yeah...they were made in the 90's and one of the first mass produced amphs with a simulated XLR balanced out :tongue: so I don't have to buy another one of these

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-evolution-e906-Dynamic-Guitar-Amp-Microphone?sku=270865

Im gonna sell bunches of gear to get it. I want it BAD! So look for a huge gear sale of all my extra stuff to get it!