PDA

View Full Version : VG Strat or VG-99??

Lev
January 28th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Is it just me or does the VG-99 not do the same thing as the VG strat plus tonnes more?!! Both I'm sure use the same roland technology, the VG strat is $1700 and the VG-99 is $1300 with the GK-3 pickup.

So if you already have a decent guitar is the VG-99 not a much better purchase? Not that I'm thinking of buying either but I read a review of the VG-99 a few weeks back and the thought occured to me that it's much better bang for buck.

GREENMACHINE
January 28th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hey Lev
The VG-99 is a multi effects processor ay? I own the VG Strat, I haven't had any experience with the VG-99 but I think I would rather have the guitar than carry another pedal type thing. The good points about the VG are you can change from mode to mode during a song bad points are it runs on batteries if using modes other than normal. I think the guitar is worth it for the money because your paying for a well build guitar not a crap one with cool modes and effects. Because I haven't used the VG-99 I can't really say anything about how good it is or how bad. I guess it would be the same technology in the VG-99. I think all and all the guitar is a great idea and the multi effects processor.

If you have any questions about the VG just PM me.

I hope this helped alittle lol.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE:D :rockon:

Robert
January 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM
See the product video here (http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?ObjectId=849&skip=true&page=video&file=vg-99_demo_video_pt1.flv).

The VG strat doesn't need any extra units, it's a guitar with all that stufff. The VG-99 is not a guitar, it's a modeling software thingamajig (correct me if I'm wrong or if my vocabulary is lacking... ;) ).

GREENMACHINE
January 28th, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hey Robert
Yeah your right there Robert.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

SuperSwede
January 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Lev the VG99 sounds :bravo: and the selection of fine guitars emulations is just too :beer: and :master: .

+ it works very good with all VG stuff from Roland/Boss including their VG amps. :pancake:

I definately recommends that you check it out! :rockon: :AOK:

Lev
January 29th, 2008, 01:28 AM
yeah, I know one's a guitar and one's a processor, I'm just thinking in terms of technology - it's a Roland pickup into a processor (whether it onboard the guitar or not). As a strat player if I was interested in the VG strat I'd probably be more inclined to get the VG-99 because it can do alot more stuff (guitar & amp modelling) along with all the tuning features you get in the VG Strat.

Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking the VG Strat which is a fine guitar but if I'm on a budget and already have the guitar I want then I think the VG-99 would be a good option.

GREENMACHINE
January 29th, 2008, 02:56 AM
Hey Lev
Well if you have already got the guitar you want then I would go for the VG-99 multi effects processor.

Laterz
GREENMACHINE