PDA

View Full Version : Strange Switch

marnold
January 28th, 2008, 05:32 PM
Even though I've pretty much decided to keep my Floyd's pups, I still want to add a push-pull pot so I can get the neck+bridge and all three pickup combos. I took off the pickguard to refresh my memory on the electronics. The volume pot is a 500K Alpha (at least I think it is 500K, there is solder on the "5"). The five-way switch confuses me though. I can't find another one like it online. Instead of having the contacts on the bottom of the switch, they are actually on the side. If you look at the switch from the side, the contacts look like this:

X X
X X X
X X
The hot leads from the three pickups go to the contacts on the left. The middle contact is connected to the volume pot. The right contacts are unused. If I follow DVM's schematic (http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=2897) should I connect the "up" lug on the push-pull pot to the middle contact on the switch? I suppose I could also just wire it directly to the volume pot. Am I making sense?

duhvoodooman
January 28th, 2008, 06:26 PM
....should I connect the "up" lug on the push-pull pot to the middle contact on the switch?
Yeah, that's what I'd do.