scottish_bluesman
January 29th, 2008, 05:33 AM
hi folks,

kk wanting to dive into recording guitar onto pc

im using a creative fatal1ty sound card with front io drive
software wise i got a copy of cubase guitar tracks pro v3

now recording method im not sure on
should i run output from my boss gt8 to aux 2 on my sound card
or should i run a condensor mic from mic socket and live record the guitar from the amp ?

any advice greatly appreciated

Graham

Fat Strings
January 29th, 2008, 07:59 AM
It all depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. If you want to work with modeling software to get your sound plug directly in. If you're wanting to get the natural sound of your amplifier then mic! It's just personal preference really.......for what it's worth however, you'll find most guys wanting to mic their cab.....

FS

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 09:12 AM
It all depends on what kind of sound you're looking for. If you want to work with modeling software to get your sound plug directly in. If you're wanting to get the natural sound of your amplifier then mic! It's just personal preference really.......for what it's worth however, you'll find most guys wanting to mic their cab.....

FS

I do both and have fun with both, but I really like to mic my cab so I can tell what I would get playing out, not in my computer. I am not sure how good your mic input is. i ended up getting a USB interface (through my Toneport) and use it with a Shure SM57 mic. I am playing around with the direct recording from the toneport and computer now to see how I like those tones too. Just play around with it and see what happens. It is what most of us did! :AOK: