PDA

View Full Version : Ecellent German blues guitarist

Jimi75
January 29th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I do not know if he has ever been mentioned here, but Gregor Hilden has something special going on! He mostly plays selected instruments and amps and he has his own shop running. His blues playing is very very good.

Check out the below live performance and don't miss his videos under his youtube profile (second video), About 50 videos, checking brilliant Gibsons and Fenders. Man I love dem Paulas and could listen to his down to earth playing all day long!

o9Ujm4HEXGc

atcYNPTcPq0

:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Nice! Great playing, beautiful sound and a nice way to compare some guitar sounds with the same guy playing. Thanks for posting!

Robert
January 29th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Nice playing and sound. Makes me want a Gibson Les Paul!

Jimi75
January 29th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Nice! Great playing, beautiful sound and a nice way to compare some guitar sounds with the same guy playing. Thanks for posting!

That was what I thought when posting the second video. Everything fits in well, great Fenders and Gibsons, great amps and a cool player. :master:

birv2
January 29th, 2008, 10:50 AM
His tone is to die for, but what I really like is how simply yet tastefully he plays.

A lot of blues players will try to bury you with notes. He hits a few and really lets them ring. It's all about the spaces between the notes!

Thanks for sharing this!

Bob
:bravo:

marnold
January 29th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Ach, ja, ich habe die Blauen.
Ja, ja, ja ich habe die Blauen.
Ja, ich habe die Blauen und ich weiss kein mal Deutsch.

I apologize to every German speaking person on the planet for my merciless slaughter of their otherwise fine language. That's what two years of high school German will getcha! If I remember correctly, saying that you are "blue" means something much different in German than in English.

I also just had flashbacks to PDQ Bach's "Dass ist ein grosses Zehn-Vier, guten Kamerad!"

Sblack
January 29th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks, Jimi75. This was a real treat. Gregor has stellar touch on the instrument and all of his notes have purpose. Good stuff.

marnold
January 29th, 2008, 08:40 PM
I should add that I definitely liked those videos too. I used to really like a Strat for a blues tone but now listening to stuff like this and newer Bonamassa, a Les Paul doesn't sound like such a bad idea afterall :)