PDA

View Full Version : Which guitar as to add with my Strat? A poll.

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Ok, I am not buying anything next week or anything, but am setting a goal to add another electric to my gear. I love my Strat, and the Fully serves its purpose well enough, but . . . you know. So here is a poll to help me decide on my goal. I am interested in the votes, and the reasons why. I have narrowed the choices to the following, which I keep coming back to as I shop.

In no particular order:

Les Paul type HH setup, probably an Epi or Agile, or maybe a Hagstrom.

Semihollow like a Gretsch, Gretsch G5120, Hagstrom Jazz, etc.

Telecaster - I was thinking one with a splittable humbucker in the neck, similar to what Krashpad has.

I have a strat, so I don't need a strat sound out of it. Ok, fretter shoppers, whatdayathink?!

warren0728
January 29th, 2008, 09:39 AM
where is the all of the above button? :D

ww

Lev
January 29th, 2008, 09:41 AM
I'd say an Epiphone '56 GoldTop LP - same as T2TB & DVM - any I've played have been mighty impressive, I have one on my wish list. Good value too.

Bloozcat
January 29th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I have always thought that with a Strat, a Les Paul, a semi-hollow ES-335 type, and a Tele, you can cover just about anything (well, maybe not metal).

A Fender amp (or clone thereof) for clean tone, and a Marshall (or clone thereof) for a nice grind, and the package is complete.

Of course, that would pretty much cure the affliction of GAS...and we can't have that, can we?

Jimi75
January 29th, 2008, 09:54 AM
Steve, you should definitely buy a Les Paul style guitar. :bravo:

warren0728
January 29th, 2008, 10:07 AM
where is the all of the above button? :D

ww
all kidding aside...a les paul would probably be the best compliment to the strat...totally different beast!

ww :greenguitar:

oldguy
January 29th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I vote Les Paul style. Carvin's making a really pretty one now.....:D :bravo: :bravo:
FWIW, I was in K.C. yesterday, dropped by Musician's Friend and checked out some Pauls. Some of the Epi's were, IMO, better than some of the Gibsons.
I could find very little difference in the fit and finish on either, with the neck inlays perhaps being a bit nicer on the Gibsons. The Epi's fretwork, binding, etc. were as good or better on most, though. Of course, it depended on the model, but the higher end Epi's were just as good as most of the Gibson Pauls I saw.
I was considering an Agile, but now I'm re-thinking it.

Brian Krashpad
January 29th, 2008, 10:36 AM
To me it depends on what you'll be playing. If more hardrockin and with more distortion, then LP-type, if more clean then get you a Fat Tele with a neckbucker.

Though in fact Fat Teles can do rock just fine.

Tone2TheBone
January 29th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I hope that zebra pup has been installed in that Fully Stephen!

Who are your major influences? Who's music do you like to play? I'd base my decision on that. If you hear Les Paul tones in your head and music you play then definately get one. A Tele is always a nice compliment to any guitar cause you've still got that Fender sound yet the bridge pup will slay when you want it to. Lev's right an Epi '56 Gold Top would be cool too cause you'd have the Les Paul look and feel yet those P90s would be a different approach. A semi-hollow as Blooz mentioned would be good too.

Yeah really where's the all of the above button man. :)

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 11:37 AM
See, that is the point. An all of the above would be nice, but the question is which one next given what I have. My influences are primarily blues rock origins, classic and retro tones, punk included. Chuck Berry down to Beatles down to Zep, down to Ramones, Elvis Costello, Clash like stuff. There is some huge long post somewhere in a thread that discusses musical history that goes into more detail. I tend to be playing blues influenced stuff right now mostly and Beatles, and want to inject some jazz in my cleaner playing. I like punky harder rock, but like tone more toward the vintage than metal side if that makes sense. I was thinking the fully, with the zebra pup, would cover some high gain stuff, as high as I want to go anyway. I have been wanting to get some Setzer type noise going, be able to rock out on some punky power chords and short solos, and get some sweet sustain. I think for the next guitar, it is really between the tele set up like Brian says, or the Paul. I was particularly interested in opinions of guys like Tone who play strats, but love both a tele and a paul. If I went Paul, I would think I would stay with buckers, just because it is such a different animal from the strat. But I could be wrong, would probably have to go play some. But I am really interested in your opinions of what you would do if you given the parameters of the question.

Brian Krashpad
January 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
As much as I love P-90's (and I have 3 guitars with them), if I only had a Strat and was going to go to a Les Paul type, I think I'd go for a 'buckered Paul. Doing so will put you at both ends of the spectrum, essentially. Then in between (in no particular order) are Teles, Fat and Nashville Teles, hollow/semi's (HB and P-90's), and P-90 mahogany guitars (either slab Juniors/Specials or maple-capped archtop like the goldtop).

Which is not to say that getting all those in-between sounds (I left out the more exotic like Grestch and Ric solidbodies, and Danos) isn't the ultimate aim as well, but I think the first step is to get the bases covered at either end.

Justaguyin_nc
January 29th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Gotta be some sort of double Humbucker.. I wish I could say as eveyone else LP style..
but it was one of the first type I bought and pretty close to the first type I got rid of..
although I may want a 56 p90 one someday...

to "ME" the LP just didn't sit in my lap good (lazy sit down home player) and was heavy as heck!! but that is just to "ME"..

There are so many different types out there with double buckers.. the 335 styles are way cool.. but I been there done that to.. didn't seem to have enough room getting to the higher frets for "ME"..

You can pickup some nice looking and feeling cheap dual Humbucker guitars.. all the OLP series.. but be ready to change pickups.. thankfully GFS can do that cheaply..

So..in the choices I guess I pick LP style..but only meaning dual humbuckers.. are all dual humbuckers considered LP style? PRS? Musicman? shecter? etc.. to new to know.. any solid body dual humbucket geetar that feels good!

I love my strat.. but I do play the humbuckers more and more for a different screaming solo sound that strats just don't have..

And as you mentioned... go play some of each style.. :rockon:

t_ross33
January 29th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I'm going to say semi-hollowbody. That'll take you through a lot of 60's and early to mid-70's rock stuff (and blues or even jazz if your are so inclined).

Then pick up an LP with humbuckers for the classic rock and something with P90s for the rockabilly and punk.

Trev

Robert
January 29th, 2008, 12:15 PM
You need a 335, Steve! That's my vote.

Tone2TheBone
January 29th, 2008, 12:45 PM
And then get a Gretsch for the Setzer stuff. *evil grin* Those guitars and pickups are killer.

oldguy
January 29th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Gotta be some sort of double Humbucker.. I wish I could say as eveyone else LP style..
but it was one of the first type I bought and pretty close to the first type I got rid of..

to "ME" the LP just didn't sit in my lap good (lazy sit down home player) and was heavy as heck!! but that is just to "ME"..

See, That's why you need to actually hold and play several of each kind!
The LP style just didn't fit Justa comfortably, but I get along with them fine, so I'm looking for another........... on the other hand, as much as I like the sound of the 335, I could never get one to fit me right.......like I was constantly wrestling with it to get it into a position it'd fit me.

Danzego
January 29th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I have always thought that with a Strat, a Les Paul, a semi-hollow ES-335 type, and a Tele, you can cover just about anything (well, maybe not metal).

Why not metal? Do you realize how many big time metal dudes play Strats, LP's (Zakk Wylde :master: ), and Teles? I'm not even talking the hair guys from the 80's "metal" either (which I have nothing against; I love the stuff). I'm talking the HEAVY players. :)

Haven't seen any metal dudes with 335's, though.

In any case, I vote going with the LP. There's a lot of diversity between those two guitars- a Strat and and LP. I guess I'm biased though, since I'm in the process of doing the same things, but in reverse (got a Paul last year, waiting on my Lonestar Strat to arrive, hopefully any day now.) :AOK:

A 335 isn't a bad choice if you're into really jazzy schtuff, though.

Justaguyin_nc
January 29th, 2008, 12:59 PM
A 335 isn't a bad choice if you're into really jazzy schtuff, though.

I can think of Alvin Lee... if ya want that 335 to rock...and roll...

jzrUqAtUcpU

so ya see..so many decisions... whats your cup of tea.. and will you have pancakes with that..:pancake:

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM

There are so many different types out there with double buckers.. . . .

So..in the choices I guess I pick LP style..but only meaning dual humbuckers.. are all dual humbuckers considered LP style? PRS? Musicman? shecter? etc.. to new to know.. any solid body dual humbucket geetar that feels good!

I love my strat.. but I do play the humbuckers more and more for a different screaming solo sound that strats just don't have..

And as you mentioned... go play some of each style.. :rockon:

and

As much as I love P-90's (and I have 3 guitars with them), if I only had a Strat and was going to go to a Les Paul type, I think I'd go for a 'buckered Paul. Doing so will put you at both ends of the spectrum, essentially. Then in between (in no particular order) are Teles, Fat and Nashville Teles, hollow/semi's (HB and P-90's), and P-90 mahogany guitars (either slab Juniors/Specials or maple-capped archtop like the goldtop).

Which is not to say that getting all those in-between sounds (I left out the more exotic like Grestch and Ric solidbodies, and Danos) isn't the ultimate aim as well, but I think the first step is to get the bases covered at either end.

Yep, that was the way I was leaning. But what shape I suppose? The differences being the tele neck vs. a paul type neck, bolt on vs. set through, scale differences, etc. Or a guy could split the difference and get a Schecter PT type like StingX likes. But that is again splitting the difference rather than getting one of the classics. I think the list that Bloozcat puts up is my exact list for a full set of guitars, but that would be long in coming. :D So, I am still just interested in fretter's opinions and the reasons why, as asked. So far, I think the LP is in the lead, with a Fat Tele not far behind. At least by my count and according to the poll. :)

oldguy
January 29th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Alvin Lee??? Hey Justa, I remember on that semi-hollow, he did rock!!!:D :D :beer:

Sunvalley, how old were you in 1969??? Maybe you 'member him??? I was 15, and I loved the sound he got out of that jazz box...........

tHw9b4BBV9Y

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I turned 7 late in the year. Got my blue sparkle paint Schwinn StingRay with the whitewall slick and sparkly banana seat and sissy bar. Sweeet! Didn't hear much rock back then though. Shoot, best I can remember is "Beautiful Balloon", "Windy" and maybe some Monkees. Maybe some Tijuana Brass. Sheesh! LOL!

oldguy
January 29th, 2008, 01:43 PM
I turned 7 late in the year. Got my blue sparkle paint Schwinn StingRay with the whitewall slick and sparkly banana seat and sissy bar. Sweeet! Didn't hear much rock back then though. Shoot, best I can remember is "Beautiful Balloon", "Windy" and maybe some Monkees. Maybe some Tijuana Brass. Sheesh! LOL!

What about "Stormy"...??? That has some cool chord changes in it...... "bring back that sunny day".......
There's a 355 (I think, looks like block inlays and a varitone) there, I love the way the sax player just chills 'till it's his time, and then kicks A$$ too.:D :D

tPyXjuoggiM

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hmm, hollow/semihollow edged into second. The LP is still out in front. Ok, tele folks, tell me why the tele should be next?

Of course, when I do have a budget, I will go try for myself, but this is just fun.

oldguy
January 29th, 2008, 01:57 PM
The more I look at these videos, the more I'm starting to agree with Robert.....you need need a 335....... I impulsively voted Les Paul....:confused:

:D :D :D

Justaguyin_nc
January 29th, 2008, 01:58 PM
some Monkees.

Welp, that settles it.. a Gretsch I think? or is that a...

http://www.wildeimages.com/bigimages/michaelnesmith.jpg

Or ...
_OUpaWrU-H4

my gawd...all the monkees are in their 60's... some as old as 65!! :cry:

The link to all the monkee songs you will need to play on the gretsch
http://www.geocities.com/michaelnesmithtab/monkees.html?200829

sunvalleylaw
January 29th, 2008, 02:08 PM
There it is, a tele-paul, schecter style.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/2003/PT-Custom-amber-lg.jpg

Robert, when I first joined, your vids featured your tele, and your squire 51 primarily, then more recently your strat, which sounds the best in your hands to my ear. You don't have a Paul or a semi/hollow. I am curious as to why you suggest the 335? And why 335 over a larger jazz box like a gretsch or Hagstrom Jazz or Ibanez Artcore?

Justa, you justa crack me up!

Adrian30
January 29th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I voted Hollow/Semi-hollow, while I was thinking Hollow more that Semi, just because I know you you've mentioned in several occasions that you like acoustic guitar sound. With a hollow body guitar you can, sort of, satisfy both worlds.

Bloozcat
January 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
OK Steve, with a good Strat and a Les Paul with a good set of PAF humbuckers, you can cover the blues rock, classic and retro tones including punk. Add to that Zep, The Ramones, Elvis Costello, and the Clash - all like you mentioned.

With a third guitar...a 335 type semi-hollow, you can cover Chuck Berry, and the Beatles' tunes you can't cover with the Strat and LP. Plus you can do jazz well, and even go into Brian Setzer territory with no problem.

So, with a Strat and a Les Paul for a second choice, you cover two thirds of the territory you want to cover. The 335 type semi-hollow would just about finish the tonal pallet....

...with a single coil equiped Tele filling in any of the cracks that are left over.

2 - Single coil equipped guitars that cover pretty much the whole single coil spectrum (I'm not forgetting P-90's...one mountain at a time ;) )...

2 - Humbucker equiped guitars that cover pretty much the whole humbucker spectrum you described....

NOW....anything more than that is just bordering on OCD. But this is your GAS therapy group here. Just look around the circle, brother. Just how many of your fellow GAS-a-holics do you think would find fault in you for that? (looks around the circle and sees only nodding heads) :D

Swampy
January 29th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I'll throw another thought into the mix. I've been looking for a good deal on a Les Paul for a while and I have been leaning toward an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul. I have an Agile 3000 and a Michael Kelly Patriot custom but I wanted to have THE definitive guitar to compare the others to so I would know just how close the Agile is to the original.

I've spent some time in Guitar Center and a few other local shops and I just wasn't sold on the feel of the Les Paul either the standard Epi or even the Gibson Premium Les Paul, definitely not for $2800.00.

Just for kicks I asked to handle an SG Standard in Heritage Cherry. I like, I like, I like, a lot. I didn't care for the Epi version but the Gibson SG Standard in Heritage Cherry felt really nice, and sounded really crisp unplugged. It's lighter than the Les Paul and gives complete easy access to all frets. The feel was so nice to me that I have been searching for a deal on one of those and I'm saving my pennies. I've seen several really nice, almost untouched SG's go for under 1K on ebay so I'm hoping.:D

The HH would give you what you're looking for as well. The only way to know if you'll like it is to go play one yourself. Here's a couple of links to some guys playing their SG's.

Comfortably Numb (http://www.fretcam.com/comfortably-numb-solo/) , Fret Cam (http://www.fretcam.com/) The Mississippi Queen video is on the left side.

Have fun researching! :AOK:

marnold
January 29th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Alvin Lee??? Hey Justa, I remember on that semi-hollow, he did rock!!!
Old Uncle Ted did pretty well with a big-ol' guitar too :)
O3J-XYnZHfU

oldguy
January 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Old Uncle Ted did pretty well with a big-ol' guitar too :)
O3J-XYnZHfU

Hey, marnold, did that link work for you? I get a "sorry, this video is..." message when I try it.???:confused:

tot_Ou_tard
January 29th, 2008, 07:25 PM
I'd get a semi, but that's me.

just strum
January 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Steve,

It's gotta be a hollowbody!!!!

I looked into my crystal ball and I see you with a hollowbody.

It's not going to be your last guitar, so the LP can wait.

Go test drive a 335 :drool: and then see if you can find a good used one. Or get a Epi Dot. My buddy has a gorgeous 335 and you play his and then my Dot and you honestly cannot tell any significant difference. There are so many good hollowbody guitars out there that the selection is wide open (mmmm, Gretsch).

marnold
January 29th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Hey, marnold, did that link work for you? I get a "sorry, this video is..." message when I try it.???:confused:
Hmmm, that was quick. Or something.

duhvoodooman
January 30th, 2008, 10:29 AM
There are good reasons why the 3-single coil Strat & dual-humbucker LP designs are THE two classic rock machines of all time. I faced exactly this decision 2+ years ago, when I wanted to get a 2nd electric to supplement my Strat Plus. For me, it was a no brainer. I just looked at the photos of my guitar heroes, and in 90% of them, they were playing a Strat or an LP. And as much as I love my '56 Goldtop with the P90's, I'd still recommend a dual 'bucker over it, as a 2nd electric guitar. You'll cover more tonal territory that way. Now, whether you go with a Gibby ($$$), an Epiphone, an Agile, or one of the many other LP copies out there.....well, that's another thread! :D

wingsdad
January 31st, 2008, 07:42 AM
As a Strat-first player, I punched 'Hollow/Semi-Hollow' for the poll.

Qualify that choice to be a dual-humbucker equipped semi-hollow, ala 335, Dot...or an Epi Sheraton II (which I have), because it sports a bit narrower, slimmer neck than its siblings. The dual buckers' will give you a range of tones, bark, growl, howl & sustain your standard Strat's single coils can't.

Also, a Semi-Hollow's 'sustain block' in the thinner (2" or so) body crosses you between a solid & hollow body (duh: semi-hollow) as opposed to a true Jazz box's hollow & deeper (3" +) body.

A standard set-up LP will give you the bucker sounds, but not the touch of acoustic element that a semi-hollow adds.

And just to make things harder, Epiphone's 'semi-solid' Les Paul Ultra came out last year, with a chambered Les Paul body, making it more like a semi-hollow version.

So they just topped that by coming out just before Winter NAMM with a new hybrid Les Paul Ultra II, going a step further in adding an acoustic pickup with stereo outputs...you can actually play it either way or blend the sounds. (I had a Washburn Sammy Hagar RR-150 for a while that did this, and it's crazy-cool...especially if you jack it to 2 amps). Anyway, the best online presentation of it is at the place I'd never buy so much as a set of strings from, Musician's Fiend...but here it is, with lots of photos and deep description:
The New Epiphone Les Paul Ultra II (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Les-Paul-UltraII-Electric-Guitar?sku=515624)

Note to Mods: Maybe I should've posted this in the 'Epiphone' forum, but this seemed appropriate here, as Steve considers his options...

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 11:58 AM
Here is an option...affordable and vintage to boot...

http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/markwein/IMG_0437.jpg (http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l230/markwein/IMG_0437.jpg)

You can usually find these on Ebay for less than $600...American made gibson that has nearly 30 years of aging.....on my rock band clips(http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=61183#post61183) this is the guitar you hear probably 80% of the time...I didn't have my standard or any of the Suhrs when we did this recording so this was the best "non-strat" I had at the time and I think we got some pretty good(and diverse) sounds with it...

Even this more "rock" sound:http:/www.markwein.com/soundfiles/Felt - Travis Bickel Day.mp3 (http://www.markwein.com/soundfiles/Felt%20-%20Travis%20Bickel%20Day.mp3)

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2008, 01:05 PM
Here is an option...affordable and vintage to boot...

You can usually find these on Ebay for less than $600...American made gibson that has nearly 30 years of aging.....on my rock band clips(http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?p=61183#post61183) this is the guitar you hear probably 80% of the time...I didn't have my standard or any of the Suhrs when we did this recording so this was the best "non-strat" I had at the time and I think we got some pretty good(and diverse) sounds with it...

Even this more "rock" sound:http:/www.markwein.com/soundfiles/Felt - Travis Bickel Day.mp3 (http://www.markwein.com/soundfiles/Felt%20-%20Travis%20Bickel%20Day.mp3)

Les Paul Firebrand?

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 01:09 PM
Les Paul Firebrand?

Actually its a "The Paul" model...was sold 1979-81 or so...discontinued and then they came out with the firebrand series...the big difference is that these are Walnut and the firbrands are mahogany (as far as I know)...

The other guitarist in my rock band has a firebrand SG that is really nice too...

SuperSwede
January 31st, 2008, 01:15 PM
Actually its a "The Paul" model...was sold 1979-81 or so...discontinued and then they came out with the firebrand series...the big difference is that these are Walnut and the firbrands are mahogany (as far as I know)...

The other guitarist in my rock band has a firebrand SG that is really nice too...

The firebrands are really good..

Didnt they make a reissue of the paul?

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 01:22 PM
The firebrands are really good..

Didnt they make a reissue of the paul?

I don't know..they did make a Bob Marley guitar (which looks a little similar) but I think that was a reissue of another model....

Plank_Spanker
January 31st, 2008, 05:00 PM
Sunvalley,

You need an all original '59 Les Paul.................................according to the cork sniffing LP bunch, that LP is the shizzle........................I hope you have the coin! :D

OK. I voted for an LP type - I'm an old school traditionalist........Strats and LP's, with whatever fits in the middle. :D

Good luck on your quest.

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 05:04 PM
Sunvalley,

You need an all original '59 Les Paul.................................according to the cork sniffing LP bunch, that LP is the shizzle........................I hope you have the coin! :D

OK. I voted for an LP type - I'm an old school traditionalist........Strats and LP's, with whatever fits in the middle. :D

Good luck on your quest.

Heres one:http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-STANDARD-ORIGINAL-BURST-FLAMETOP_W0QQitemZ200195816672QQihZ010QQcategoryZ1 18992QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And istarting bid is a mere $550,000....

Plank_Spanker
January 31st, 2008, 05:17 PM
Heres one:http://cgi.ebay.com/1959-GIBSON-LES-PAUL-STANDARD-ORIGINAL-BURST-FLAMETOP_W0QQitemZ200195816672QQihZ010QQcategoryZ1 18992QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And istarting bid is a mere $550,000....

That's about par for the course. Maybe it's just me, but I'll bet that not every LP that rolled out in '59 was a jewel. Not that it matters today with the collector's frenzy.

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 05:22 PM
That's about par for the course. Maybe it's just me, but I'll bet that not every LP that rolled out in '59 was a jewel. Not that it matters today with the collector's frenzy.

Thats the thing...there are some incredible guitars that were made then, but they are still just wood. And no, they weren't all good...some were made on Monday mornings and Friday afternoons....I love older guitars and I can't stand most consumer instruments (I think Fender for one has been ripping people off for decades and Gibson is too inconsistent to charge the prices they are getting) but stuff like this is rediculous....

Adrian30
January 31st, 2008, 07:44 PM
I don't know..they did make a Bob Marley guitar (which looks a little similar) but I think that was a reissue of another model....

http://www.gibson.com/press/namm/images/marleyproto1.jpg

Love the looks of those. Never tried one though, they stopped making them, i guess.

mark wein
January 31st, 2008, 08:27 PM
http://www.gibson.com/press/namm/images/marleyproto1.jpg

Love the looks of those. Never tried one though, they stopped making them, i guess.

I saw one in a glass case at GC last year but I never played it....the p90's are interesting....

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2008, 09:33 PM
Well based on this, I am leaning still toward the LP type. That one Mark has is interesting! We'll see when I really end up shopping. The other two types of guitar are still pulling at me and may sometime end up coming my way. Probably the hollow/semihollow first.

Justaguyin_nc
January 31st, 2008, 11:25 PM
Well based on this, I am leaning still toward the LP type. That one Mark has is interesting! We'll see when I really end up shopping. The other two types of guitar are still pulling at me and may sometime end up coming my way. Probably the hollow/semihollow first.

can't wait to see whatcha get Sun!!

You'll probably end up with a Sitar...
isn't G.A.S. great!!!!:rotflmao:

sunvalleylaw
January 31st, 2008, 11:40 PM
Yeah, or a harmonica. LOL! Well, some time off yet. Just goal setting here. All the same . . .

Fun shopping with yooze guys! Thanks for the input! :)

tot_Ou_tard
February 1st, 2008, 07:36 AM
I'd just get an electric cork :rotflmao:.

Katastrophe
February 2nd, 2008, 05:40 AM
I voted LP... but there should be an "all of the above" button...:poke: :D

Teles can be incredibly versatile for a simple instrument. Semi and hollowbodies sound great and can be very versatile as well.

LPs are often overlooked for their clean tones, think Dickey Betts, Les Paul and others.

Gretsch also makes the Electromatic Pro Jet that is a chambered single cutaway. I think the pups are P90 style, but I could be wrong. $385 at MF.