PDA

View Full Version : Question for Teachers...

Kyle_Poehling
January 29th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Hello all! I'm hoping this is the appropriate forum to post this in....if not I apologize:)

I'm working on some lessons to post as PDF and in PROGRESSION format. I was wondering what exercises you regularly use in your lessons that you'd like to have in PDF format to just print out (not to mention .wav and .prog).

With the .prog file you'll be able to change the tempo and key as well.

I've got a few already started, but just figured I'd see if I could get some others.....

Thanks so much,
Kyle Poehling
kyle@notionmusic.com

SuperSwede
January 29th, 2008, 01:27 PM
Hi Kyle, please write something about yourself in the fret players section.

Could you tell us more about the progression format?

Kyle_Poehling
January 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Hi Kyle, please write something about yourself in the fret players section.

Could you tell us more about the progression format?

Sorry for the lack of etiquette on my introduction....I've posted to the Fret Players Section now:D

As far as the "PROGRESSION" format. It's the file type for PROGRESSION which is music software for guitar. Similar to G7 or Guitar Pro...but offers a few things they do not.

I work on testing/developing the program and have had an AWESOME time with it. As I said I'm trying to come up with some lessons that folks can download from our site and would love to have some input on exercises people use often that we could post to our site.

Thanks again for your time....
Kyle Poehling
kyle@notionmusic.com

SuperSwede
January 30th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Sorry for the lack of etiquette on my introduction....I've posted to the Fret Players Section now:D

As far as the "PROGRESSION" format. It's the file type for PROGRESSION which is music software for guitar. Similar to G7 or Guitar Pro...but offers a few things they do not.

I work on testing/developing the program and have had an AWESOME time with it. As I said I'm trying to come up with some lessons that folks can download from our site and would love to have some input on exercises people use often that we could post to our site.

Thanks again for your time....
Kyle Poehling
kyle@notionmusic.com

Ah ok.. is it for PC or proper computers? (mac)

Kyle_Poehling
January 30th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Ah ok.. is it for PC or proper computers? (mac)

"proper"....haha....I'm primarily a mac guy:)

Had to get a chuckle out of that one, but yes this program does work cross platform (pc and mac).

Another note for the teachers out there...right now we've begun a program at NOTION music to encourage teachers to use PROGRESSION. Basically if you have more than 20 students (and can provide proof of such via phone number to the store/school you teach for confirmation) we'll send you a NFR copy of PROGRESSION as well as some stickers and picks.

Sorry to sounds "sales pitchy," but since we're on topic I figured it would be appropriate....

Once again if anyone has any exercises that they use on a regular basis that they would not be afraid to share please contact me.

Thanks
Kyle

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Is there a website where we can get more information about the format and/or product?

Kyle_Poehling
January 30th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Is there a website where we can get more information about the format and/or product?

Sure!! Go to:

http://products.notionmusic.com/progression

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 01:19 PM
Sure!! Go to:

http://products.notionmusic.com/progression

Thanks! I'll check it out today.,..

SuperSwede
January 30th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Interesting.. I will forward this information to a friend that work part time as a guitar teacher. Thanks for sharing this with us Kyle :)

Robert
January 30th, 2008, 02:11 PM
Looks like a neat program. What does it do that Guitar Pro doesn't do?

jpfeifer
January 30th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Hi Kyle,

This product looks really cool.

I've been using G7 a lot over the past 4 years or so. I was teaching guitar on the weekends and used it to capture transcriptions of solos, or scale&arpeggio exercises.

This product looks like a new-and-improved G7. I really like the sound samples that are demo'ed on your website too. It's very impressive.

-- Jim

Kyle_Poehling
January 30th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Looks like a neat program. What does it do that Guitar Pro doesn't do?

I would say that the best answer to your question is more about what PROGRESSION does better...

Features that it seems (to me....anyway) PROGRESSION excels in:

- Note entry in PROGRESSION is far easier with Mnemonic key entry (q-quarter note, w-whole note, etc...) plus midi-entry/step-time entry (utilizing a virtual fretboard), and standard "point and click" type entry.

- UI is far more user friendly

- Dynamic Sample Library including; Acoustic/Electric Guitar (samples recorded by Neil Zaza), Acoustic/Electric Bass (electric samples provided by Victor Wooten), Fender Rhodes, Clavinet, and Piano, and standard drum set (samples provided by Roy "Futureman" Wooten). Basically PROGRESSION just sounds better.

- Audio mixer....I'm not totally sure if GP doesn't have this feature, but with PROGRESSION the audio mixer acts on the wav export in "real-time" which means you can customize your mix as you export it.

-NTempo - This is one of our most unique features which allows you to conduct your way through the piece or augment a small ensemble with just one person triggering PROGRESSION (there is far more information on the site about NTempo).

Anyhoo....I certainly don't want this to become a thread to say who is better, so I'll be happy to answer any more questions you may have via PM or email.

Thanks!
Kyle Poehling
kyle@notionmusic.com