PDA

View Full Version : Please allow me to introduce myself.......

Vinni Smith
March 24th, 2006, 12:14 PM
Hi all.

I have been referred to this forum by a couple of nice folks. They stated there is a lot of cool people here and a lot of good info and I'm all for both.

Here is my story............

My name is Vinni Smith. I am a guitar player from Central California. I have been playing Pro guitar for over 30 years now AND I SUCK! I was concieved in New England and born and raised here in California. At birth my name was Mario Vincenzo Mallozzi. I am an Italian boy. Adopted by a very cool "Oakie" fello when I was 5 years old and he changed my name to Walter Cleveland Smith Jr. Can you believe that one? After I grew up I could not live with Walter anymore. I was called things like Waffle, Walturd, Walter Cronkite. Finally, I legally changed my name back to Vincent. I kept Smith. I hate the name Walter! Don't ever call me Walter! I am going to start a band some day and call it "Not Walter". Mrs V's middle name is Lane and both of my children's middle names are Lane SOOOO I chose to be called Vincent Lane Smith. COOL Huh?

I am a short, fat dude. I do still have all my hair, however. I think I look like Danny Devito but a lot of guitar forumites think I look like the infamous Ed Roman. However, the other day some gal stopped me in the frozen food section of Raleys and asked if I was Brad Pitt! :eek: It was odd that she had a dog with her and it wore a jacket that read "Guide Dogs for the Blind". What does that mean?

I spent the first 20 years of my career trying to sound like Peter Frampton. I gave up on that quest and then switched my goal to sounding like Robben Ford. That didn't work out so well either and I gave up on that also. Everyone tells me that I sound like Carlos Santana so I guess I will just stick with that default for now.

I like women with great big boobs. I like it when they wear their clothes too tight. I prefer them to be approx 35 lbs overweight. Too much make-up and dyed hair are a plus as well. REALLY, No joke.

I hate old guitars. I think they smell bad, they play bad and usually sound bad. I just don't understand why someone would want to spend $35k for some old, beat up Strat that usually won't stay in tune. I just don't get it. I like new technology and new guitars. The better looking and sounding the guitar is, the more I like it. I have a 92 PRS Custom 24, A 96 PRS Santana I, A Burns of London Brian May, A Tak Nylon String, An Ovation Deluxe Acoustic and yes I do have one old guitar, a 63 Fender MusicMaster. I have to admit it is a cool little guitar, however it is one of the only old ones that I have played that I do like.

I HATE sports. I think sports are a waste of time. I hate talking about sports, I hate hearing about sports and I really hate getting ready to watch my favorite show, Everyone Loves Raymond, only to find it pre-empted by a basketball game. That alsmost makes me go postal!

I also hate talking about cars. Cars, Cars, Cars. That's all some guys talk about. Have they not heard about food? Guitars? Tone? Amps? Wholetone scales over the IV chord? :p

I am the inventor and maker of the V-Pick. I won't go on about that much because I don't want to break any forum rules here. You can check them out @ www.v-picks.com

I have been married to Mrs V for 29 years now. She is about 3" taller than me and is absolutely georgeous! She is an artist and has a white dove release business as well. She has been in support of my music now for almost 30 years. How many women do you know that would be understanding if you were gone for 3 days strait, in bars with dancing women? Not many. She and my daughter raise Guide Dogs for the Blind. They do this because they believe it "gives back their lives" to the receivers of the dogs. Those girls both have real servant's hearts.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c357/VinniSmith/vinninancyxmas.jpg

I used to have a personal website with my music on it but I think the only people that actually looked at the site were Me, My Manager and Mrs V. So I canceled the service and now I just have a myspace site.
It is www.myspace.com/vinnismith You can hear some of my songs there. Please don't throw tomatoes, and especially not the green ones. They hurt!:D

Thats all I have to say right now. Just wanted to say hello.

Cheers to you all. Do good things.

vinni

ZoSo65
March 24th, 2006, 03:55 PM
aye there Vinnie, WELCOME! Glad you could be part of TheFret.
Hey! That "Sleepy" tune sounds great!! Gotta little Santanna going on, I like it alot!!
Sounds like you have a great family, a very supportive wife, that's awesome what your wife and daughter do.

Now,, if we can just figure out how to make a clone of your wife!!! ;)

oh yeah,,how 'bout sending me a couple of those v-picks, I'm always looking to try something new :D

WOW! Leave A Message is great too!!!!!
Zõ§õ

Vinni Smith
March 24th, 2006, 05:43 PM
aye there Vinnie, WELCOME! Glad you could be part of TheFret.
Hey! That "Sleepy" tune sounds great!! Gotta little Santanna going on, I like it alot!!
Sounds like you have a great family, a very supportive wife, that's awesome what your wife and daughter do.

Now,, if we can just figure out how to make a clone of your wife!!! ;)

oh yeah,,how 'bout sending me a couple of those v-picks, I'm always looking to try something new :D

WOW! Leave A Message is great too!!!!!
Zõ§õ

Thanks! I appreciate you taking the time to listen. I like to play.

vinni

warren0728
March 24th, 2006, 05:51 PM
welcome vinnie...been reading about your picks on other forums...might have to get me some!

ww

ZoSo65
March 24th, 2006, 05:58 PM
I like to play also.
My only delema is, I used too play pretty good about 15 years ago, and then stopped, yeah stupid, and so much crap has happened in my life since, when I decided to get back into it, it's like I forgot everything, seriously, it sucks.
Here's a little one me and a friend did a long time ago. And for the life of me I don't have a clue how I did it. :( It was a much different world for me back then.
Here it is, me and my buddy did the one guitar, just mixed it to sound like one.
MrZoSo, the forgotten days :o (http://home.comcast.net/~mrzoso/ZoSo1.mp3)

I'll tell ya what though, it's gonna be different this time around! Without a doubt!!!

Oh, almost forgot, I kinda agree with you on the old guitar thing, still can't beat the sound of them though,,,anyhoo did you see the one I just built?
Check it out in my introduction thread here, I think you might like it, I like new too! :rolleyes:

Zõ§õ

Vinni Smith
March 24th, 2006, 06:11 PM
I can't imagine you being able to play guitar like that and then forgeting how to do it! You must have smoked some good weed between here and there brother!

Nice clip BTW. I enjoyed it a lot. It sounds live???

vinni

ZoSo65
March 24th, 2006, 06:22 PM
I can't imagine you being able to play guitar like that and then forgeting how to do it! You must have smoked some good weed between here and there brother!

Nice clip BTW. I enjoyed it a lot. It sounds live???

vinni
Wasn't weed,,,but it was good, and it was during! Actually it was a big mistake, plus the crap in my life,,,I'm tellin ya,, it's not like the "never forget to ride a bike" thing.

Hell, the piano player we found was on a whim(bar talk actually) and he just came to record as a fill in, we never seen him afterwards, since then.
Hmmm, maybe I should,,,,nah, no way, never again!

But a big thanks to you!

Robert
March 24th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Welcome to the Fret, Vinni! Great to have you here!
:)

tot_Ou_tard
March 24th, 2006, 07:09 PM
Cool bio Vinny.

BTW I used to live in Santa Cruz, where are you?

....don't worry Spudman will send the goth elph to ambush Walter if he ever tries to enter the town of Amphille!

tot_Ou_tard
March 24th, 2006, 07:13 PM
Wooow! Excellent tunes there V-boy! I love Santana & you do have a similar sound.

Good stuph...

tot_Ou_tard
March 24th, 2006, 07:16 PM
Wowweee too ZoSo!!!!

That elph gets absolute screaming solos!!

I love that kind of jam!

Tim
March 24th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Welcome Vinni to the Fret Net. We used to be a very small group of guitar groupies but I guess the word is getting out. So now we are a growing group of guitar groupies.

It sounds although you maybe helping us more than we may help you. That's a lot of experience you have behind you. I hope you enjoy your say.

Vinni Smith
March 24th, 2006, 11:18 PM
Cool bio Vinny.

BTW I used to live in Santa Cruz, where are you?

....don't worry Spudman will send the goth elph to ambush Walter if he ever tries to enter the town of Amphille!

Heh Heh Heh I live in Modesto, just south of Stockton.

I am looking forward to meeting these elves. Are they anything like the Artisians?

Thanks for the greetings fellas!

vinni

SuperSwede
March 25th, 2006, 04:34 AM
Welcome Vinnie.. we love to talk about food here :)

duhvoodooman
March 25th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Oh, man, Vinni! I hope the meanest guy on the forum, BIG WALTER, doesn't read your comments about his name!! Geez, he might feel really insulted, and with all that personal info you gave, there's no telling what he might be able to do! I remember the audio clip Big Walter posted here, and that guy who dissed it, God rest his soul....

Only kidding!! Welcome to forum! Enjoyed your bio a lot, but those of us who listened to some of your clips know what a big liar you are now! SUCK??? I should ever "suck" like that!!! Wow, great to have another pro here so all of us ammies can shamelessly take advantage of your knowledge and experience! Muwa-ha-ha-ha!! :D

Seriously, welcome and great to have you here! And I definitely hear that Santana similarity. Cool sound. The PRS guitars must be a factor....

Katastrophe
March 25th, 2006, 07:35 AM
Welcome! Great tunes there my friend, with a lot of versatility, and very smooth, too!

ZoSo, awesome clip, man!

tot_Ou_tard
March 26th, 2006, 12:27 PM
Heh Heh Heh I live in Modesto, just south of Stockton.

I am looking forward to meeting these elves. Are they anything like the Artisians?

Thanks for the greetings fellas!

vinni

Who are the Artesians?

Spudman
March 26th, 2006, 02:59 PM
Who are the Artesians?

It won't matter who they are. They are coming for you and there is nothing that you can do, cept get out da way.

ZoSo65
March 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Wowweee too ZoSo!!!!

That elph gets absolute screaming solos!!

I love that kind of jam!

Thanks 'tard!

tot_Ou_tard
March 26th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Thanks 'tard!

That's a new nickname for me...I think it fits fine!

Nice photo of you ZoSo! That must have been taken during the jam...you look a little twisted.

tot_Ou_tard
March 26th, 2006, 03:40 PM
It won't matter who they are. They are coming for you and there is nothing that you can do, cept get out da way.

What if I invite them in?!?

I jes might y'know.

r_a_smith3530
March 27th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Welcome Vinni, hope you like the place. So far, I have. I don't know where you get the idea that you suck (I'm assuming that you were talking about your guitar playing here), but no, you don't. I listened to each of your MySpace songs, and yes, I could pick out a heavy Carlos influence, and also heard a little bit of Robben in there as well. I'm really not familiar enough with Frampton to note his influence on your sound.

Now, let's talk about the important things, are the Cubs going all the way this year, and which are better, small block or big block Chevys? No, only kidding, although we lived half a block away from Wrigley Field when I was born, and I do drive a 38 year old Chevy 4x4 pickup as my daily driver!

Hey, was that a Heil Talk Box you used in "Cardboard Condos?" I've been curious about those. I love Joe Walsh's use of one in the song "Rocky Mountain Way" (yeah, I'm an "old fart" too!). I also like its use on the Hellecaster's album, "Return of..." I wonder how one would sound coupled with a bass? Hmm!

Speaking of age, there's a little bit of time spread between the pic that you used on MySpace, and the one displayed above. Either that, or a whole bunch of Grecian Formula! Clever dog, you!

I enjoy the view of a nice large rack as well, but 5-15 pounds over is much more to my taste!

EDIT: I forgot to mention food. Yes, that's something we could sure talk about! A nice big bucket-o-tips, smoothered in a good sauce, with fries and a few slices of Butternut on the side. That, and the blues, it don't get no better than that! Unless that is, you've got a slice of Sweet Potato Pie for desert!!!

Anyway, welcome aboard.

Tone2TheBone
March 27th, 2006, 03:24 PM
Benvenuto,

Vincenzo always reminds me of Sonny's son in GFIII. I love those movies and act them out all the time.

I laughed pretty good when I read your intro. Great big boobs. hahahaha Yeah the only time I watch sports is during the Super Bowl and thats about the only time you see me around sports...looking at my numbers on gambling pools. Besides sports interferes with my fly fishing and guitar playing. :)

Vinni Smith
March 27th, 2006, 05:41 PM
Heh Heh Heh, You guys are pretty funny. I'm glad you enjoy a sense of humor.

Actually, that wasn't a talkbox on Cardboard. My producer is Bruce Lowe from Cinema Show Music. He started playing with Stevie Wonder at age 17. Bruce is the one that came up with the idea to put an envelope follower on a Clavinet. For instance the sound on Superstition. That was mostly Bruce's idea. Anyway, I wanted some of that Clav on Cardboard Condos. I think that is what you are hearing. I will have to listen to it again to make sure what you are refering to. It's been a while since I have hear it.

So you don't think that picture looks like me huh? SHHHHHH :D

Thanks guys!

vinni

r_a_smith3530
March 27th, 2006, 10:48 PM
So you don't think that picture looks like me huh? SHHHHHH :D

No, it looks like you alright, just a much younger, svelte you! :D

larryx
April 6th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Man! You guys gotta stop squirtin on one another! I'm getting my raincoat!:whatever:

larryx
April 6th, 2009, 10:07 PM
Aren't we more like guitar junkies? At least that's how I would desribe myself! Anyway, Just givin yewz guyz a little East Coast fuget about it! Robbin Ford?

Brian Krashpad
April 8th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Yo, Vinni! Benvenuto paysan!