PDA

View Full Version : Marijuana vending machines in California.....

oldguy
January 30th, 2008, 09:44 AM
You guys are so................. (liberal) (progressive) (lucky) (stoned)
[insert word choice here].........:rotflmao:

AP - 30.01.2008 11:30
US: Medical marijuana vending machines take root in LA: Turn on, tune in, enter your pin number
The city that popularized the fast food drive-thru has a new innovation: 24-hour medical marijuana vending machines. Patients suffering from chronic pain, loss of appetite and other ailments that marijuana is said to alleviate can get their pot with a dose of convenience at the Herbal Nutrition Center, where a large machine will dole out the drug around the clock. "Convenient access, lower prices, safety, anonymity," inventor and owner Vincent Mehdizadeh said, extolling the benefits of the machine. But federal drug agents say the invention may need unplugging. "Somebody owns (it), it's on a property and somebody fills it," said DEA Special Agent Jose Martinez. "Once we find out where it's at, we'll look into it and see if they're violating laws."

R_of_G
January 30th, 2008, 10:16 AM
and you really think the fed gov't won't try to put a stop to it like they do with the medical dispensaries? the supreme ct already ruled that the fed gov't overrules the states when it comes to cannabis [so much for state's rights]. i can't really write more without breaking forum decorum, but you know what i mean... sounds like a nice idea, but let's see what happens.

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2008, 10:26 AM
*waits for Justa's response*....

jasongins
January 30th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Is it like one of those candy machines with the big glass front where you make your selection by pressing "B2" or "F10," and then the pot gets pushed forward by a corkscrew and falls down to the bin, at which point you reach in and pick up your purchase? I'd be annoyed if the pot gets stuck on the corkscrew mechanism and doesn't fall down the way candy sometimes does.

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
I wonder if you'd be able to kick the darn thing to get stuck marijuana out like you do those bags of chips without an alarm of some kind going off. heh

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I wonder if you'd be able to kick the darn thing to get stuck marijuana out like you do those bags of chips without an alarm of some kind going off. heh

And, do they sell big bags of high quality chips in the same machine to handle those munchies?

Danzego
January 30th, 2008, 11:09 AM
That's what I was thinkin'. Gotta make sure to park these next to the actual candy/chip and soda vending machines. Talk about your one stop shopping!!! :bravo:

Oh...and lights!! Must have cool lights on these vending machines!! And In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida playing every time you make a selection. The possibilities are endless! :messedup:

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2008, 11:16 AM
I'm still waiting to hear what Justa's gonna say you know he's gonna add a few embellishments to this idea. :D

SuperSwede
January 30th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I'm still waiting to hear what Justa's gonna say you know he's gonna add a few embellishments to this idea. :D

The vending machine is probably located in his apartment in NYC ;)

hubberjub
January 30th, 2008, 11:26 AM
Have you seen who's running the state?
Check out Arnie. (http://politicalhumor.about.com/library/images/blpic-arnoldjoint.htm)

Justaguyin_nc
January 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
*waits for Justa's response*....
Oh Im sorry , was checking out prices on plane tickets and seeing if my cookie jar full of quarters was light enough for carry on...

:poke:

Anything that relieves pain for the sore, induces eating pleasures for those without appetites..
and can show no harm to the person other than a buzzing sensation
in the ears and every place else for that matter..

Well, whats the big deal? :pancake:

just strum
January 30th, 2008, 06:34 PM
I found the guys that fill the machines

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/20sc2gg.jpg

Justaguyin_nc
January 30th, 2008, 08:22 PM
I found the guys that fill the machines

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/20sc2gg.jpg

They might fill them.. but this couple looks like they might own them...

http://americandigest.org/bill_hillary_hippies.jpg

:dude: The one on the left it has been said, may have tried vending machines.. but he never filled one...