PDA

View Full Version : Minor Pentatonic Video Lesson Series

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 11:31 AM
EDIT: I just updated this with the new website info, so it should be back to working.....

I've been doing these lessons just for the last few months and I've been posting them on other forums but since I just started here I though I'd play a little "catch up"....I might do a block of these each week in addition to the weeks' new lesson for a couple of weeks...

This is one of my first lesson series from a few months ago, exploring the minor pentatonic scale with ideas on simple phrasing, expanding the stock blues box scale fingering, learning the scale in terms of "scale degrees" and some simple sequences...

Have fun!

Part 1
http://markweinguitarlessons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=19&Itemid=35

Part 2
http://markweinguitarlessons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=20&Itemid=35

Part 3
http://markweinguitarlessons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=21&Itemid=35

Part 4
http://markweinguitarlessons.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=22&Itemid=35

ted s
January 30th, 2008, 01:02 PM
Welcome Mark, thanks for the post.

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Thank you!

Spudman
January 30th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Good stuff Mark. Thanks for putting these up. I hope some other folks will check them out too.

SuperSwede
January 30th, 2008, 02:03 PM
Yup, really nice lessons. I like your teaching style.

I bet that several forum members will benefit a lot from these lessons :)

Justaguyin_nc
January 30th, 2008, 02:14 PM
enjoyed them... and will be going back to the site.. as you stated.. it's the first one most learn..
now for me to make it sound like something as I grow and learn..
Ive found minor and major pentatonics are my bases..
now been adding in appregios and going to mixlodian more and more..

thanks to lessons learned here from Robert, Oldguy, now you and others..

the internet..it's such a wonderfull place to be...

:beer:

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Like I said in the "Harmonizing" thread, I watched some last night, and it fits in well with some theory I have been reading up on. Thanks!

oldguy
January 30th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Thank you, Mark, for putting these up. They will be helpful to a lot of Fretters here, including me. I stated earlier that even licks I "know", as in play often, are better understood when the theory is explained. You do that well in the videos, IMO, very helpful.:AOK: :AOK:

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Wow! Thank you guys! This is the nicest welcome I've had on any forum....I met Robert on another forum a while back and he was gracious enough to introduce me to everyone here. I really look forward to hanging out and posting here!

I'm off to do a little exploring in the other forums....:beer:

Oh yeah...can anyone tell me what this smilie is for?:pancake:

Justaguyin_nc
January 30th, 2008, 02:59 PM
I'm really not sure..but I believe this has something to do with it..

lGiHvzyaKo4

:poke:

Some here have traveled to the dark side.. with and without aprons..

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 03:05 PM

lGiHvzyaKo4

Wow...I think I have a new name for my truck, though....:D

ted s
January 30th, 2008, 04:49 PM
Hey, I didn't think Warren was in Michigan ?!

just strum
January 30th, 2008, 04:53 PM

:rotflmao: How did you come across that?

just strum
January 30th, 2008, 04:54 PM
Mark,

Great post.

mark wein
February 1st, 2008, 11:16 PM
Mark,

Great post.

Thanks!

warren0728
February 2nd, 2008, 07:58 AM
careful what you ask for....the answer is buried in a thread around here...not sure which one....a search for "pancakes, nude and possibly my username" might yield the correct thread...have to read the whole thread though! :pancake:

i just checked out your first lesson....thanks a lot....i like your style....

it's great that there are some really talented players on this board that are so willing to teach hacks like me how to play!

thanks,
ww :greenguitar:

mark wein
February 2nd, 2008, 08:58 AM
careful what you ask for....the answer is buried in a thread around here...not sure which one....a search for "pancakes, nude and possibly my username" might yield the correct thread...have to read th:greenguitar:e whole thread though! :pancake:

Thank you!

I'm a little afraid of pancakes now,though...

Plank_Spanker
February 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Great explanations, Mark! Some guys go way overboard with heavy theory and jargon - your's is right to the point! :AOK:

mark wein
February 4th, 2008, 07:27 PM
Great explanations, Mark! Some guys go way overboard with heavy theory and jargon - your's is right to the point! :AOK:

Thanks! I think that the key is to remember that there is only so much a person can take in at a time, especially in a video over the internet where they can't ask you any questions....:D