PDA

View Full Version : New Stuff at Warehousespeakers.com

duhvoodooman
January 30th, 2008, 12:31 PM
This new source for raw frame amp speakers came up here a few months back when they first started doing business and were selling a clone of the very popular Celestion Vintage 30 for a ridiculously low price. While that turned out to be an introductory price, that model still sells for only $45 vs. something around $110 - $120 for the "real thing". I put one in a 1x12 cabinet I bought on eBay a couple of months back, and it sounds great.

Just wanted to report that they've been busy over there at WGS, and are really filling out their product line. Pretty much everything they carry are Celestion knock-offs, mostly the 12" models. In addition to the Veteran 30 (the Vintage 30 clone), they've now added the following:

12" Green Beret (G12M Greenback clone) - $45
12" British Lead (Classic Lead clone) - $45
12" Black & Blue Alnico (Alnico Blue clone) - $160 (vs. $245 best price I've seen on the Celestion)
12" Reaper (G12H30 70th Anniversary Special clone) - $TBA (but I'd guess somewhere around $50)
They've also got clips posted now for these 12" models. You can get to links on the individual model webpages, but here's a link to a page with ALL the clips in subfolders:

http://www.warehousespeakers.com/clips/

marnold
January 30th, 2008, 12:51 PM
I was looking at their 10-incher for my AD30VT, but it's only rated at 20W.

duhvoodooman
January 30th, 2008, 01:18 PM
Do you run the output way up on your AD30VT very often? I doubt that I've ever put much more than 15W through mine, because I play in a small room.

Spudman
January 30th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I'm not saying that I'm old or anything but I remember when the "real deal" Greenbacks were $45.
That's a pretty good deal and I've only heard good things about the Berets and the blue alnico. Don't forget to figure that shipping will up the prices a bit.

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2008, 02:56 PM
The sound on the amp and the music being played on the Green Beret clip isn't representative of the type of stuff you'd normally associate with the Greenbacks. They ought to do something with natural amp grit instead so you can hear how sweet they really should sound.

The V30 variant sounds close to the Celestion original.

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 03:14 PM
Of course I listen, pick without looking at price, and find I like the $160 ones. LOL!

duhvoodooman
January 30th, 2008, 03:28 PM
Of course I listen, pick without looking at price, and find I like the $160 ones. LOL!
You must like that '60s British Invasion jangly chime. You obviously need one of THESE (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2X-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo-with-Celestion-Blue-Speakers?sku=482621)! Only a $600 premium over the base model AC30 Custom Classic with the Wharfdales.... :eek:

Tone2TheBone
January 30th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Where you gonna put the new speaker Voo?

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 05:25 PM
You must like that '60s British Invasion jangly chime. You obviously need one of THESE (http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2X-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo-with-Celestion-Blue-Speakers?sku=482621)! Only a $600 premium over the base model AC30 Custom Classic with the Wharfdales.... :eek:
Must be that Tom Petty I was listening to on PBS Soundstage on Friday night, looking at the big VOX stacks and other VOX candy. But I liked his tone with his Strat better than when he was playing the Rick or the Vox Mark IV. Honestly, I liked the playing in the Blue Speaker clip better too and that might have accounted for some of it. I might like to hear another clip of the Greens like Tone suggests.

marnold
January 30th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Do you run the output way up on your AD30VT very often? I doubt that I've ever put much more than 15W through mine, because I play in a small room.
Probably not that often, but I'd just as soon get something that can over the output of the amp just in case.

tot_Ou_tard
January 30th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I almost always have the output wattage on the back of mine cranked & control the overall volume with the volume knob...mebbe I should be doing it differently.

Tone2TheBone
April 7th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Update...I just put in a brand new Veteran 30 speaker into my Blues Jr. today during lunch and man does it sound good. I'm buying all my speakers from Warehouse Guitar Speakers from now on! For being brand new it isn't tight sounding. It has plenty of lows and the high end is sparkly (not too bright) and the mids are suhweeeet. A very pleasant sounding speaker. Play it hard (I mean REALLY hard) on the strings and it can take anything you can dish out and it doesn't flab or get ice picky. Very musical in tone. If you want some dang fine replacement speakers I highly recommend getting one of these Veteran 30s!