PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone!

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 02:45 PM
My name is Mark Wein and I teach guitar and gig occasionally in Southern California. I run a weekly guitar lesson blog and a lesson website..I'll probably be posting a lesson once a week in the Technique, Theory and Playing forum and I love talking about guitars, amps and effects so you'll probably see me there arguing about vintage amps and custom guitars and such.....

Here's a couple of videos of me playing...

niWZFAlBTH8

txAZMXfVTLA

oldguy
January 30th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Hi Mark, welcome to TheFret! Glad you joined us here. Nice playing on the vids.
Nice lessons, too, thanks.:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

Robert
January 30th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Welcome Mark, good to have you here! I met Mark on some other forum and we started chatting and somehow he ended up here too. :D

Adrian30
January 30th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Welcome Mark. Enjoyed your vids and looking forward to your lessons.

just strum
January 30th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Welcome Mark, nice to have you on the forum.

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Welcome Mark! Glad to have you here and already thankful for your contributions! Where in OC are you located? I visit my folks down there when they are hanging out at Newport Coast. It is a fun escape from mud season up here in April/May after skiing is done.

P.S. Like the above vids! and you'll find lots of folks who like to talk gear here. :D

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Welcome Mark! Glad to have you here and already thankful for your contributions! Where in OC are you located? I visit my folks down there when they are hanging out at Newport Coast. It is a fun escape from mud season up here in April/May after skiing is done.

Thanks guys!

I am in the city of Orange...I have spent WAY too much time playing the bars in Newport...

just strum
January 30th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Just a side note, the Mark's are starting to catch up with the Steve's.:bravo:

mrmudcat
January 30th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Welcome Mark...people here are 100% the realdeal!!!

warren0728
January 30th, 2008, 05:59 PM
welcome mark....this is a great forum....i think you will like it here....

ww :pancake:

note: this welcome copyrighted 2008...no unauthorized use of this welcome will be tolerated

Algonquin
January 30th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Welcome to the Fret Mark

Cheers! :beer:

tjcurtin1
January 30th, 2008, 07:12 PM
Welcome, Mark, and thanks for your contributions - great to have another knowledgeable member and another source of good lessons!

tot_Ou_tard
January 30th, 2008, 08:35 PM
Excellent Mark! Thanks for coming by to hang out!!!

mark wein
January 30th, 2008, 09:40 PM
Thanks! You guys really know how to roll out the welcome wagon!

Algonquin
January 30th, 2008, 10:20 PM
There really is a great bunch of Folks here Mark.

This Forum is much different to many others out there... which is a good thing!

:beer:

M29
January 31st, 2008, 09:28 PM
Welcome mark wein :AOK:

M29

duhvoodooman
February 1st, 2008, 06:00 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Mark. Always great to have another accomplished player here so that us hacks can pump you for free advice! Ha-ha! :D

P.S. Anybody who does SRV tunes is A-OK by me! (Even if they are really Buddy Guy tunes...) :AOK:

mark wein
February 1st, 2008, 09:21 AM
Welcome to TheFret, Mark. Always great to have another accomplished player here so that us hacks can pump you for free advice! Ha-ha! :D

P.S. Anybody who does SRV tunes is A-OK by me! (Even if they are really Buddy Guy tunes...) :AOK:

Thanks!

I've been accused of liking the sound of my own voice too much, so I shoulnd't be too hard to pump for info :o

P.S. I like the buddy guy, too!

Brian Krashpad
February 1st, 2008, 12:57 PM
Hi Mark, welcome!

duhvoodooman
February 1st, 2008, 03:50 PM
BTW, Mark, the hotlink to your lessons site in your sig doesn't work because "guitar" is missing the "r".

Looks like a cool site--I'll have to check it out closer over the weekend!

Sblack
February 1st, 2008, 04:10 PM
Welcome, Mark.

I love your tone with that Tele. Your lesson videos are clear, practical, and easily applicable. Thanks for sharing.

tot_Ou_tard
February 1st, 2008, 05:51 PM
Welcome, Mark.

I love your tone with that Tele. Your lesson videos are clear, practical, and easily applicable. Thanks for sharing.
No kidding, thanks for coming!

Guitar Gal
February 1st, 2008, 09:00 PM
Nice to have you here Mark :AOK:

I've enjoyed your lessons too! Great stuff :master:

GG

mark wein
February 2nd, 2008, 12:36 AM
BTW, Mark, the hotlink to your lessons site in your sig doesn't work because "guitar" is missing the "r".

Looks like a cool site--I'll have to check it out closer over the weekend!

oops...sorry about that...I'll fix it right now...its been that kind of day all around....:o:messedup:

mark wein
February 2nd, 2008, 12:39 AM
I have to thank everyone again for the kind words...this really is the best welcome I have ever gotten anywhere on the internet....:AOK:

Robert
February 2nd, 2008, 11:52 AM
I really think this is the classiest guitar forum on the planet.

warren0728
February 2nd, 2008, 11:54 AM
I really think this is the classiest guitar forum on the planet.
well then let me make you some pancakes.... :pancake:

ww

tot_Ou_tard
February 2nd, 2008, 11:57 AM
well then let me make you some pancakes.... :pancake:

ww Yeah, I'd give you cool, or fun, or friendly...but :rotflmao:*classy* :rotflmao:?

:D

warren0728
February 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM
ok...classy might be a stretch....entertaining though :bravo:

ww

Robert
February 2nd, 2008, 12:32 PM
Ok, I admit there are exceptions... Warren's pancake techniques are definitely scary....

but what I really meant was how classy we are at treating each other.

SuperSwede
February 3rd, 2008, 01:49 AM
Mark this place IS classy! You should see when we have our sunday morning moderator meetings. We wear silk robes, drink tea and eat butter biscuits. After that we have a nice cuban cigarr and discus which guitar factory in the far east that we should invest our money in.
After that jolly good time we jump in our Aston Martins and drive home.

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/gentlemen_20meeting_small.jpg

tot_Ou_tard
February 3rd, 2008, 07:07 AM
http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/gentlemen_20meeting_small.jpg

What izzat in your hands SS? A bong?!? A huge tuning fork? An implement of toture to apply to those that get

off topi--yeeeeooOOOOOOOOUUUuuuuucchhhh--c

SuperSwede
February 3rd, 2008, 07:19 AM
What izzat in your hands SS? A bong?!? A huge tuning fork? An implement of toture to apply to those that get

off topi--yeeeeooOOOOOOOOUUUuuuuucchhhh--c

Exactly! :poke: :D

warren0728
February 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
my vote has to go to a bong... :AOK:

ww