PDA

View Full Version : John Fogerty

Spudman
January 30th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Look at what John is playing these days. Ernie Ball Axis. He's also featured in the latest Guitar Player magazine.

f2lVstO7K8E

This month's Guitar Player magazine features John Fogerty. Page 96 has a great live shot of him with an Axis. Page 97 has more EBMM support:

GP Mag: On the new album, you're holding an Ernie Ball MusicMan guitar. Is that an instrument you're also playing a lot now?

JF: That's my blue Axis, which I use in my live show for "Keep on Chooglin'," "Travelin' Band," and "Sweet Hitch-Hiker." The Ernie Ball company makes really great guitars. I'm not an official endorser, but I use their guitars because they're built well and they sound great. I've got some old Strats, but I hardly use them anymore because Ernie Ball made me a beautiful Strat-like guitar - which is what you're hearing on "Gun-slinger" and "Broken Down Cowboy." Ernie Ball's Dudley Gimpel helped me design that guitar..."

Great example of an artist playing what he believes in playing as opposed to playing what he's paid to play.

sunvalleylaw
January 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Saw him on Austin City Limits some time back. He still rocks pretty hard! Very energetic guy.