PDA

View Full Version : Who's heard, and Heard of Sam Bush Band?

LowEndWonder
January 31st, 2008, 07:02 AM
Style of music played, " NewGrass" . Blue grass and Rock fused.
I've never heard anything like it. His band is amazing. He plays fiddle and mandolin, he has a guitarist, man on upright bass, and a man on banjo.
All are super accomplished on their instruments. Did you ever hear a Mandolin played through an Overdrive, Chourus, and reverb? It sounds amazing!
I never heard nothing like it! The man has something good going and maybe there will be more newgrass artists to emerge!

R_of_G
January 31st, 2008, 12:05 PM
i have heard sam bush. it's pretty cool stuff, and i agree, the musicianship is amazing. it's not the kind of thing i could listen to for long periods of time, but i do enjoy and appreciate what i have heard of he and his band.

hubberjub
January 31st, 2008, 04:11 PM
Yep. Check out Newgrass Revival. That was a band Sam was in that included Bela Fleck as well. Speaking of newgrass, if you haven't heard Bela Fleck and the Flecktones you should check them out now. You must know them because you're a bassist and Victor Wooten plays with them. They are amazing.

Steve206
February 2nd, 2008, 02:09 PM
I first heard of Sam Bush when I taped a music show from Kentucky. Strength in Numbers, I think was what they were calling themselves.

Bela Fleck, Sam Bush, Mark O'Connor and Edgar Meyer. They also had a guy on dobro - Jerry Douglas.

Fantastic performance and no sanging,,,

Steve