PDA

View Full Version : Takamine Clips

Jimi75
January 31st, 2008, 12:29 PM
Hello friends,

Finally I made some clips of the Takamine.
Thr clips are all played with my Line6Gearbox software. Here you hear the Tak first with the Roland Jazz Chorus Amp, the same lick is then played with the "No Amp" setting, which is pretty pure.

Here's the first one:
http://www.box.net/shared/mxdt94mckk

And then I recorded this little singer songwriter tête Ã* tête, don't mind my vocals please (setting here is the "No Amp" setting again:

http://www.box.net/shared/q3apw7w68o

The truth is that I am still not able to record the guitar the way it really sounds, so I will put up a video maybe. In reality it sounds way better....

:pancake:

sunvalleylaw
February 1st, 2008, 12:41 AM
I don't know, it sounds really nice to me in these clips. I like the low E string notes, very rich sounding, and good clarity in the higher strings as well in the first clip especially. And as always, never a need to apologize for your vocals. Very nice Jimi!

oldguy
February 1st, 2008, 06:53 AM
Nice clips, Jimi. :)

The guitar sounds good, as does your voice. Always enjoy your singing, I agree, no apologies needed, as SVL says.
I liked the "no amp" setting, it let the Takamine ring out naturally, I thought.
If it sounds better "in person" it must sound uber-sweet. :beer:
Your playing is great as always, also. :bravo: :bravo:

stingx
February 1st, 2008, 06:58 AM
CLASS!

I found the sound to be captured quite nicely. If it actually does sound better than this as you say then that's even more impressive. I enjoyed both clips but lean more towards the latter. You have a very good voice Jimi. Excellent playing and singing - great showcase for the Tak.

just strum
February 1st, 2008, 09:10 PM
Jimi, sounds good - both the guitar and vocals.

How are you liking that new guitar?

helliott
February 2nd, 2008, 09:18 AM
Very nice playing and vocals. If I could sing half that well I'd be a happy man. Love the Tak sound, too. It's a guitar I may yet get in my collecting days. Some people don't like the sound, but I don't get why. I think it's great. And hey, Tak is all Springsteen uses for his acoustic stuff, so it's good in my books.