PDA

View Full Version : Oh Baby, Discounted Guitar???

just strum
February 1st, 2008, 06:20 PM
The Director of Materials (my indirect boss) and I were talking as I was ready to leave work and I commented "I'm going home and play some guitar", and she responds "Oh, I forgot to tell you that Rick is good friends with the guy that owns the Fender plant down in Mexico". Rick is the owner of a company I purchase product from and someone I will be trying to contact tonight to get details. I'm not sure about the ownership part, unless Fender is actually farming the assembly out to the facility in Mexico.

I have to get details on this because I may have walked into a good deal.

GREENMACHINE
February 1st, 2008, 06:23 PM
Hey Strum
man that would be cool, good luck with that dude.

Cheers
GREENMACHINE

ted s
February 1st, 2008, 06:39 PM
yeehaw ! open up the pipeline Stumm !

tot_Ou_tard
February 1st, 2008, 06:40 PM
...hey Strum, I was just joking about you having a poopy head ;) :D ;)

mrmudcat
February 1st, 2008, 06:44 PM
Yea whatever I said before guys is not true Strum is a really great guy!!:master:

Now about that hot-rod tele......................;)

just strum
February 1st, 2008, 07:07 PM
Well, I just received an e-mail and it is a fact, he is friends with the guy. Time to put on the negotiating cap.

MrMudcat is in, I've known him the longest. Tot, don't know buddy - let's just say you are on probation, but what color butt ugly one would you be looking for should I change my mind?

Now before I start counting my chickens, I have to see if there are any deals to be had.

tot_Ou_tard
February 1st, 2008, 07:18 PM
Well, I just received an e-mail and it is a fact, he is friends with the guy. Time to put on the negotiating cap.

MrMudcat is in, I've known him the longest. Tot, don't know buddy - let's just say you are on probation, but what color butt ugly one would you be looking for should I change my mind?

Now before I start counting my chickens, I have to see if there are any deals to be had.
In that case, you are still a poopyhead.

...ummm...I'll take a poopy color ;).

Adrian30
February 1st, 2008, 09:10 PM
Strum,

I really didn't mean it when I suggested you should give crocs a try...I really didn't.:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

just strum
February 2nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
I will have to talk to this guy next week and see if I can work a deal. He's opening up a facility just down the road from Fender. His production manager just sent me an e-mail inviting down to the new facility and then a tour at the Fender facility. I get to expense it to company travel, visit the Fender facility and maybe bring home a sample. I'm assuming they have those older ladies standing in the aisles with the sampler tray.

pie_man_25
February 3rd, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm assuming they have those older ladies standing in the aisles with the sampler tray.

that would be so cool!! I like the way you think, well good luck with that, oh and by the way, if you come across a slightly blemished strat or tele body in alder they're just throwing away, you mind doing this canuck a favour? because I want to upgrade a ten-piece basswood body. I'll pay shipping too, just name you're price (under $100)

Bloozcat
February 4th, 2008, 12:08 PM
Hey strum, Browns fans stick together, right...?
;)

just strum
February 4th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Hmmm, I wasn't able to talk to the guy today, but it's looking like I have to negotiate for more than one.

Just getting one may be a long shot, let alone 10, 15, 20...:D

tot_Ou_tard
February 5th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Hmmm, I wasn't able to talk to the guy today, but it's looking like I have to negotiate for more than one.

Just getting one may be a long shot, let alone 10, 15, 20...:D

One is waaaay better than none. Will they just give you one, or just get an extra special deal?

just strum
February 28th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Well, I received a call today and the guy is down in Mexico and has my request in hand. Hopefully I will hear something soon.

I'm still not sure of the chances of a great deal, but hey maybe I will be surprised.

Also will have some other news next week.

street music
February 28th, 2008, 07:21 PM
Now Strum! That's just not fair to hold back at all. Come on what did you get?
I really haven't seen too many of the Mexico Fenders that you could tell a big difference from the US Fenders other than some of upgrades. It would be nice to have one of those pretty Tele-Deluxe Custom models in say KAO.

just strum
February 28th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Street, you are going to have to wait.

Well, with one, possibly two guitars on the way, I am going to have to shed at least one. I may put the Washburn J28SDL on the market. I'll have to think about it and put it over in the other section.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h16/auroraohio/Picture122.jpg

street music
February 28th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Ok , I'll wait but the excitement is building.
I'm happy with my Takamine for now in the acoustic line.
I still have a desire for a Tele.

ted s
February 28th, 2008, 09:18 PM
Hey Strummy, howzabout a pipeline via Georgetown ?

just strum
February 28th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Hey Strummy, howzabout a pipeline via Georgetown ?

Let's see, an Eric Clapton concert ticket and a MIM. Do I get Canadian citizenship after that or free beaver for life?:D

ted s
February 29th, 2008, 12:02 AM
As long as you leave your headlights on.

tot_Ou_tard
February 29th, 2008, 06:36 AM
As long as you leave your headlights on.
:rotflmao::rotflmao: D@mn (D@mn) those Canucks! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: