PDA

View Full Version : Little Giant

Duff
February 2nd, 2008, 07:15 AM
Is the little giant falling off the radar?

I'm thinking of getting one to use with my VJr cabs. I've read here that it has superior sound.

I wonder what ohm cab it would sound best with?

Duffy
Winfield, Pa.

Dauntless
February 2nd, 2008, 08:44 AM
I liked the sound of 2-12" 8 ohm cabs. Got a couple during MF's Drive sale!
Right now I'm using the Blackheart cab, that was made for it and adjusting to that Marshall sound.

There are a few people that like this amp on the 3-watt setting and I have to say that useing the BH cab, I can see why, but when using the 2-8 ohm cabs, I tended to lean toward the full 5-watt end.

This little amp has impressed me enough, that when the 15-watt comes out, I'm a gettin' it.

Spudman
February 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
Here is a little trip down memory lane. http://www.thefret.net/showthread.php?t=4789&highlight=blackheart

I'm using a Dive 1x12 ported Elite cabinet with a 120 watt Eminence speaker and so far I like it. It has less of the boxiness that I've found with a Celestion single 12. I've thought that the BH cabinets do make it sound very Marshall like and that doesn't appeal to me. I haven't tried it with a 4x12 because I don't have one. However with a non ported 2x12 that I have that has higher fidelity speakers it also sounds less boxy than with the GH cabinet.
If you have the ability take the head shopping with you and try it with a bunch of different cabinets.