PDA

View Full Version : my new amp [aka: amph]

Childbride
February 3rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
:)

the Roland MicroCube. in black.

[Mud, you know me better than that... no hello kitty pink for me, buddy, too much of a tomboy for that...] :D :beer: :dude:

thank you again for everyone's help. i really, truly appreciate everyone's suggestions!

now i just can't wait till it gets here... [are amphs really as addictive as guitars? have i just compounded my GAS problems? (next is my guitar... i have one in mind, but i have to try it out first to make sure my fingers aren't too long to fret it cleanly... but that's another thread and another day... :D )]

THANKS!
k

SuperSwede
February 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
Congrats! Roland makes excellent amps... enjoy :)

oldguy
February 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
Congrats! Enjoy your new amph when it arrives!:bravo: :bravo:

The answer to your questions is 1. Yes........and 2. Yes.........:D :D

piebaldpython
February 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
Congrats CB, you'll just love being electrified!! Now, if we can just nudge you a smidge to picking up a slide; well, now that would be awesome! :bravo: OLDGUY is right; Yes and Yes; in spades. Oh yeah, BLACK is definitely YOU! ahaah

Sblack
February 3rd, 2008, 04:17 PM
Awesome amp! I had a first generation Microcube for about three years until I upgraded to the Cube 20X, which is a phenomenal amp, too. Congratulations; you'll love your new cube. :AOK:

warren0728
February 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM
we of course expect some screaming solos from that new amph! :bravo:

ww

Algonquin
February 3rd, 2008, 05:49 PM
Great little amp you've got on the way.

It sounds terrific! Roland makes great gear.

Enjoy :AOK:

duhvoodooman
February 3rd, 2008, 06:39 PM
Whoa, that was fast, CB! You sure didn't waste any time making your decision. Good choice--easy on the wallet & the back, and nice on the ears! :dude: :rockon:

Guitar Gal
February 3rd, 2008, 06:56 PM
Think you made a great choice CB :bravo:

Now just need the guitar to go with it :rockon:

GG

mrmudcat
February 3rd, 2008, 09:34 PM
C.B I know you are not the "pink type" and I know you knew I was playing.(Hopefully) Tell Pie you will pick up a slide when he picks up an amp!!!!.....................Great amp although ive never had one ive heard great things and know jazz players love those cubes.

Childbride
February 3rd, 2008, 09:47 PM
Mud... i knew you were playing, i was just jackin'...

slide. if i'm going over to the dark side, i might as well go whole hog?! [grin]

dang. i need a raise. :messedup:

piebaldpython
February 3rd, 2008, 10:13 PM
CB, at a smidge under 6 foot, dressed in BLACK and wielding a SLIDE;..oh yeah, you could be a real PRESENCE out on a stage. :rockon: Do I need to send you that clip of Joanna Connor cutting loose again for more inspiration?? :master:

Katastrophe
February 4th, 2008, 10:47 AM
Congrats, CB! Roland makes a quality product. :bravo: :beer:

Now that you're in the 'lectrified world of guitar playing, there's no stopping now. Lessee, there's tube and solid state amphs, modelers (both solid state and tube driven), boutique & specialty amphs, and then of course there's the whole build yer own bug.

Don't even get started on effects, both with multieffects units and pedals.:thwap:

And of course, different electric guitars have different sound qualities, too, based on pickups and tonewoods.

Geez, now I've given myself a GAS attack!:thwap:

Enjoy that amph, and beware the GAS that comes from playing it.:AOK:

Justaguyin_nc
February 4th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Congrats CB! I loved my Cube.. gave it to my oldest daughter with a nylon geetar.. really nice cleans, made strong!

But, yup..amps are like geetars.. once I gave that to her.. I bought a DA5..
Which, does not have as nice of cleans.. but I like the High Gains better. IMHO!

Ofcourse..then there are the bigger amps..
and then the even bigger amps..
then you have to look at the EVEN BIGGER amps..
while you start wondering about the other little amps..and then...
well, you get the idea.. sigh..

enjoy the amp..:)
:rockon:

warren0728
February 4th, 2008, 11:14 AM
i gave a cube to my son...it id an impressive little amp! :dude:

ww

Childbride
February 4th, 2008, 07:28 PM
[sigh] heck, what have i done.... every time i get a new guitar i keep thinking about What Next...

now i've doubled my troubles... :eek:

hey, Pie, yeah, send it to me, buddy, i wanna hear! :)

piebaldpython
February 5th, 2008, 02:14 AM
Here ya go CB; Joanna Connor in all her glory;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CacXb5lTDw4

Robert
February 5th, 2008, 08:41 AM
It's a good little amp. I use it for teaching. Never heard an amp of that size that sounded better that the Micro Cube.

M29
February 5th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Nice choice CB, congrats:AOK:

M29

Tone2TheBone
February 6th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Might have to pick one up someday. Make a nice little travel amp to take with me on vacations.

Childbride
February 7th, 2008, 05:54 PM
my amph is here!!! [happy dance]

Dang is she LIGHT! i can carry her on my worst back day.

i can tell this is going to be fun... :D :rockon: :dude:

and i scored the lead to my new song last night at lessons, so i'm all set to get started! [on an a/e for now, have to save money for my next acquisition... (sigh)]

thanks again, y'all!

piebaldpython
February 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Well CB, how do you like her?? Does she squeal, snarl and cry??? lolol Oh boy, Darth Vaderette is on the loose!! :AOK:

luvmyshiner
February 7th, 2008, 07:20 PM
Heh, heh, she's like a kid at Christmas. Unfortunately we haven't been able to try her out yet. The one guitar cable we have is shorted out. I have two more on order, but of COURSE . . . they were out of stock and won't be shipped till 2-18. We're going to find some locally this weekend so we can check her out.:bravo:

Childbride
February 7th, 2008, 07:58 PM
[wince] Pie, i fight for Good, the White, the Light, the Force, for Ka.

i fight for everything Beautiful.

i'm Luca Skywalker. :D

[i'm no princess...] ;)

just strum
February 7th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Heh, heh, she's like a kid at Christmas. Unfortunately we haven't been able to try her out yet. The one guitar cable we have is shorted out. I have two more on order, but of COURSE . . . they were out of stock and won't be shipped till 2-18. We're going to find some locally this weekend so we can check her out.:bravo:

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/1/4in20

tot_Ou_tard
February 7th, 2008, 08:50 PM
[wince] Pie, i fight for Good, the White, the Light, the Force, for Ka.

i fight for everything Beautiful.

i'm Luca Skywalker. :D

[i'm no princess...] ;)
Do you mean Luxa Skybrighter?

Did you know that one of Spudball's 57 names is Spud Skyrawker?

tunghaichuan
February 7th, 2008, 10:37 PM
A while back I tried out the Micro Cube Cube 20 and Cube 30. Really, I thought the Micro Cube sounded the best of the three. Maybe that's why Roland redesigned the 20 and 30 and renamed them the 20X and 30X respectively?

tung

wingsdad
February 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM
my amph is here!!! [happy dance]

Dang is she LIGHT! i can carry her on my worst back day.

i can tell this is going to be fun... :D :rockon: :dude:

and i scored the lead to my new song last night at lessons, so i'm all set to get started! [on an a/e for now, have to save money for my next acquisition... (sigh)]

thanks again, y'all!
I thought you might like 'her' CB ;) ...have fun plugging in the EA20 (set the 'amp model' knob to 'Mic' - that 'Acoustic' position is to try to make an electric guitar simulate an acoustic...and you probably won't be thrilled by that sound with the EA20...'shrill' is a consevative description...'interesting' if you try it with the OE-30, though)...and swiping Shiner's black OE30 for a test ride on the 'dark side'.:D

Childbride
February 8th, 2008, 05:46 PM
thank you, Wings, b/c being an amph novice, i would have done just what you told me not to do!

and Black Beauty had occurred to me late last night... had totally overlooked the obvious. i'm getting the intro to my song nailed and we're off to the local gizmo store tomorrow for Cable Quest 2008... hopefully tomorrow i'm plugged and running! ;)

Algonquin
February 8th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Here's a good little demo of the amp's settings and effects.

0qSf0mYO3R4

luvmyshiner
February 9th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Fixed it.:beer:

Childbride
February 9th, 2008, 04:54 PM
[sigh] (forehead slap)

i just posted that as shiner.

experiencing technical difficulties, please stand by.

Childbride
February 9th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Algonquin, thanks!

y'all, i'm plugged... and i likes it. i think i likes it lotses.

beautiful day here in central texas, back door open, serenading the neighbors.

here's me and my new amph...

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P2090003.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P2090002.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P2090005.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m159/luvmyshiner/P2090004.jpg

just strum
February 9th, 2008, 05:30 PM
I never heard a sample of that amp until Algonquin made the post.

CB, it appears that this is one of those perfect investments that doesn't break the bank account or the back.

Oh, I don't think I made an official welcome

CB, WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!:rockon:

warren0728
February 9th, 2008, 05:38 PM
congrats cb....hope you have better luck serenading the neighbors than i do :rotflmao:

looks like a nice setting....now my suggestion is grab on of those wine bottles i see there....drink it completely.....knock the neck off that bottle....slide it on your finger and wail on some slide on the delta king! :R

welcome to electricsville.....i think you will like it here! :beer:

ww

Childbride
February 9th, 2008, 05:44 PM
:D i definitely like it. new toys are cool. this amph rocks. :rockon:

i feel like a cavewoman. [poke poke... ok, what does this do]

ok, Warren, you and Pie win. i'm going to holler at a buddy of ours and get hooked up with a slide. i know nothing about how to use one, but then, it's a year for learning, isn't it? [and the year is young! ;) ] i'll try [nearly] anything once, twice if i like it. :beer:

Guitar Gal
February 9th, 2008, 06:26 PM
Schweeeet CB :AOK:

Now you need to go on a search for your own 'lectric guit.......:greenguitar: You will have to start a whole new thread about your quest....how fun.....:beer:

GG

Childbride
February 9th, 2008, 07:07 PM
thanks, GG... :)

we went to a local music store to get a cable, and i checked out the guitar selection...

Woefully Lacking. :mad:

going to have to make a trip to austin or dfw to try out some stuff and see what i like.

one thing about shiner's OE30, it has a wide fretboard and i have no problems playing it. the only funky thing about it is it is 'bout heavy' and i always feel like it's about to fall off my lap...

s'ok, i'm off on an Adventure. :rockon:

Katastrophe
February 9th, 2008, 08:06 PM
Did someone say slide? Do we have a budding Bonnie Raitt in our midst here at TheFret? :bravo:

It's really cool seeing someone get into electric guitar playing here! Congrats again, CB!:rockon:

luvmyshiner
February 9th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I gotta admit, I have fallen' in love with this little Amph! I followed Wingsdad's advice, hooked up my EA52, set it to "mic", and started playing around. Man is she versatile. I couldn't believe the sounds I was able to pull out of this little bitty thing.:AOK:

tot_Ou_tard
February 9th, 2008, 09:54 PM
I love the look of total focus on your face!

Rock on CB!

piebaldpython
February 9th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Hey CB,
CONGRATS!!!! When you contact our "friend", see if he'll cut you a clear and a dark green slide. Believe it or not, many claim that there is a timbre difference with various colored glass. Dark green (thickest/densest) gives most sustain and is best on acoustic; clear works best on electric.
Anything you don't like about your MicroCube???

just strum
February 10th, 2008, 07:58 AM

Rock on CB!

That could be a case of early "guitar face".:R

Childbride
February 10th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Rock on CB!

that was me memorizing my lesson... i try to have them memorized by sunday, so i can finesse them mon/tues.

or we could quote zoolander... that was either my Magnum, or Blue Steel... i'm not for sure. :rotflmao:

i played it [the intro... my lesson for the week] for Mom and for my Stepson today... [via cell ph] they both dug it. :D

thank you to all of you on the forum for your suggestions, comments and support! :master: :pancake: :beer:

duhvoodooman
February 10th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Boy, that video demo sounded GREAT! That's quite the little magic box ya got there, CB! :AOK: :rockon:

piebaldpython
February 11th, 2008, 10:14 AM
DVM wrote: That's quite the little magic box ya got there, CB!

:bravo: Hey DVM, just bustin' your chops here pal...but..uh..uh..uh..your comment could easily have been construed as a whole sumpin' else!!:AOK:

Dude, seriously, thanks for the LAUGH because the tears of laughter are just rolling down my face. lolol Gotta remember that line as Valentine's Day is approaching. :AOK:

luvmyshiner
February 11th, 2008, 11:04 AM
DVM wrote: That's quite the little magic box ya got there, CB!

:bravo: Hey DVM, just bustin' your chops here pal...but..uh..uh..uh..your comment could easily have been construed as a whole sumpin' else!!:AOK:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I have to agree with ya' Voodoo!:master: :AOK:

duhvoodooman
February 11th, 2008, 07:13 PM
:o :o Oops! Purely unintentional, honest! :o :o

warren0728
February 11th, 2008, 07:16 PM
That's quite the little magic box ya got there, CB!
oh my god that's funny :rotflmao:

i can't believe i didn't pick up on it till your chops got busted by piebaldpython :bravo:

ww

just strum
February 11th, 2008, 07:36 PM
CB,

How many shades of red did you change when Shiner pointed that out?

That was too funny.:rotflmao:

I think DVM probably turned red when it was pointed out.

The unintentional sometimes makes the best music and humor;)

Childbride
February 11th, 2008, 08:01 PM
[laugh]

let's just get this one out of the way.

DVM... no apologies necessary.

everyone else... Shiner told me at lunch about it.

i keep telling y'all, i'm a TOMBOY. my very best friend and blood brother from 7th grade until college was a guy, and i hung out with a Pack of dudes in hs. women have claws. not all women, but i like hanging with people who don't have to make excuses when they belch.

and i've been with my husband for... eight years, married for six. i live with his sense of humor.

i'm used to him. :rotflmao:

you have to WORK to upset me or peeve me off. i'm just in this world to make it a better place, have fun, and play guitar. :beer: :pancake: :rockon:

oldguy
February 11th, 2008, 08:10 PM
[laugh]

let's just get this one out of the way.

DVM... no apologies necessary.

everyone else... Shiner told me at lunch about it.

i keep telling y'all, i'm a TOMBOY. my very best friend and blood brother from 7th grade until college was a guy, and i hung out with a Pack of dudes in hs. women have claws. not all women, but i like hanging with people who don't have to make excuses when they belch.

and i've been with my husband for... eight years, married for six. i live with his sense of humor.

i'm used to him. :rotflmao:

you have to WORK to upset me or peeve me off. i'm just in this world to make it a better place, have fun, and play guitar. :beer: :pancake: :rockon:

:beer:

You're a credit to TheFret, CB.
Hope you're loving that new amph.....:AOK:

warren0728
February 11th, 2008, 08:17 PM
You're a credit to TheFret, CB.
Hope you're loving that new amph.....:AOK:
yep one of the very few ladies we haven't run or scared away from here! :bravo: :beer: :AOK:

ww

Guitar Gal
February 11th, 2008, 09:42 PM
i'm a TOMBOY
women have claws. not all women, but i like hanging with people who don't have to make excuses when they belch.

I hear ya CB and agree 100% :AOK: I was a tomboy too growing up....hated to wear dresses (mainly cause mom made me try and stay clean and somehow I always got dirty) :thwap: Never played with dolls except to bury my sisters Barbie's in the backyard. :poke: Boys always seemed to have more fun :AOK:
Probably one of the reasons I like hanging out here....:beer:

Rock on :rockon:

GG

duhvoodooman
February 12th, 2008, 08:23 AM
FWIW, for you Danny Gatton fans, I was thinking of that thing he used to hang on his guitar that he called the "magic dingus box (http://www.fenderplayersclub.com/pdfs/gear/gatton_gear.pdf)", when I wrote that comment. He sure got some amazing sounds out of that....