PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the Feb. ish of Guitar Player magazine

Brian Krashpad
February 4th, 2008, 10:26 PM
OK, somebody over at Harmony-Central posted that they were in a Fender Strat ad in the new Feb. ish of GP. I went to my copy and darned if I'm not in a similar ad, for the new American Standard Tele. In each case, the ad has a background made up of a mosaic of hundreds of teeny tiny individual photos.

Anyhow, here's a portion of the right-hand page of the 2-page ad:

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/5897/fenderadwholepageze3.jpg

That's me right above the "T" in the word "the:"

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5917/fenderadcloseupbc4.jpg

Here's the pic they used:

http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/434/brownielivept7.jpg

Good thing someone else noticed themselves in the other ad, I'd forgotten I sent my photo in and would never even have thought to look for it otherwise.

Robert
February 4th, 2008, 10:28 PM
Hey, that is awesome! Now you just need to call them ask for your cut... :D

Brian Krashpad
February 4th, 2008, 10:34 PM
Hey, that is awesome! Now you just need to call them ask for your cut... :D

Haha, I'm pretty sure the postage would eat up my cut. ;)

:thwap:

Jimi75
February 5th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Congratz! You're famous right now :rotflmao:

mrmudcat
February 5th, 2008, 04:31 AM
Yep nice pic to show the granbabies:bravo:

Bloozcat
February 5th, 2008, 07:31 AM
That's pretty cool, Brian!

I'm just curious. Did they get your permission to use this picture, or did you just send it to them under one of those, "Any photographs submitted become the property of Fender Musical Instrument Company, blah, blah, blah...?

Wow! We have Fender Europe covered with Jimi, and now another famous Fender artist among us here in North America (in deference to our many Canadian friends :canada: ).

Soon we'll be saying, "we knew them when..." :D

t_ross33
February 5th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Lacking the usual posertude you have been known to display BK, but it's pretty cool all the same. ;) Damn, you're almost like a "real" musician. An inspiration to us all :beer:

Trev

tot_Ou_tard
February 5th, 2008, 07:46 AM
Way cool Brian!

Gotta go look at my copy...better get my reading glasses first ;)

warren0728
February 5th, 2008, 09:06 AM
very cool brian....nice placement too...right above the first letter of the sentence...better chance of being seen then in the vague middle of no where sections of the ad! :bravo:

ww

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2008, 09:09 AM
That's pretty cool, Brian!

I'm just curious. Did they get your permission to use this picture, or did you just send it to them under one of those, "Any photographs submitted become the property of Fender Musical Instrument Company, blah, blah, blah...?

The latter.

Awhile back at Fender.com they had this thing where they asked people to send in pics of themselves playing their Fenders (or of just their Fenders alone). I figured they'd do something like Grestch.com had done and make an online gallery of the pics (I'm in that too, haha). I sure didn't thing they'd put them in print ads.

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
very cool brian....nice placement too...right above the first letter of the sentence...better chance of being seen then in the vague middle of no where sections of the ad! :bravo:

ww

Haha, yeah, it took about 10 minutes to find. I had to go to a school open house tonight so I had some time to kill.

Funny thing, I submitted 2 different photos and I was looking for the other one when I stumbled across it. Probably helped that it was so near the lettering.

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Oops, just noticed that it is in the March ish (with Fogerty on the cover), not February. D'oh!

oldguy
February 5th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Tres cool, Krashpad!!!:AOK: :AOK: :AOK:

Wow!!! A live webcast, and now exposure in a national guitar mag.......
I'd say you're on your way.
Not bad for a dude who looks like a doctor or lawyer or something.....:D :D

sunvalleylaw
February 5th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Cool Brian! I'll be sending over my standard agency contract for the usual cut. I'll take anything that is left after postage. ;)

That is cool though! I had to pull out my mag (I wanted to read the nerdabilly/rockabilly article anyway) and find you. Fun to see you in the electronic and print media these days!

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Cool Brian! I'll be sending over my standard agency contract for the usual cut. I'll take anything that is left after postage. ;)

That is cool though! I had to pull out my mag (I wanted to read the nerdabilly/rockabilly article anyway) and find you. Fun to see you in the electronic and print media these days!

Thanks, haha, actually, I was sorta in the same mag a year or two ago in the letters section. One of their articles mis-identified a Les Paul Special as a Junior, which is kinda a pet peeve of mine.

So I sent in a 3-sentence correction in a semi-smart-*** tone and they printed it, signed Brian Krashpad.

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2008, 02:24 PM
This just in, from someone on another forum:

"Just found you in my Mar. issue of Guitar World. Only this time you're below the T."

He says he's being serious!

oldguy
February 5th, 2008, 02:55 PM

"Just found you in my Mar. issue of Guitar World. Only this time you're below the T."

Yep, he's right....... I just checked mine...... below the "T", dude.:bravo:

Tone2TheBone
February 5th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Cool a celebrity...congrats I'll be looking out for it and hang it in my daughter's room until I make my music room. ;)

Guitar Gal
February 5th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Very nice Brian :dude:

We have a celebrity in our midst :master: :master:

GG

Brian Krashpad
February 5th, 2008, 06:28 PM
Haha, this is so funny, I guess I'll hafta buy a Guitar World too, just to see how different it is.

marnold
February 5th, 2008, 06:29 PM

Yep, I can also confirm this. The Guitar World ad is a two-pager, so I'm sure that's why the picture moved. It's so small, I wouldn't have known it was you.

bigoldron
February 5th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Congratz! You're famous right now :rotflmao:

Or maybe it's notorious? Congrats, Brian! :dude: :rockon:

Brian Krashpad
February 6th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Yep, I can also confirm this. The Guitar World ad is a two-pager, so I'm sure that's why the picture moved.

Thanks for looking! But the GP ad was a 2-pager also (I just didn't scan all of it), so we still have a small mystery on our hands.

:AOK:

It's so small, I wouldn't have known it was you.

Yeah, I'm glad that other cat on Harmony-Central saw himself in the Strat ad, because the bakcground pics're so tiny I never would've thought to check had I not read his post.

Brian Krashpad
February 6th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Or maybe it's notorious? Congrats, Brian! :dude: :rockon:

Both famooz, and... INfamooz!

(extremely arcane Young Frankenstein reference)

:D

Adrian30
February 6th, 2008, 12:07 PM
That is waaaaay cool, Brian! Congrats!

luvmyshiner
February 6th, 2008, 12:26 PM
SWEEEEET . . . DUUUUUUDE! Congrats Brian.:master:

Katastrophe
February 6th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Congrats, man! Are you gonna remember "the little people" here at TheFret when Fender gets you your endorsement???????:D

I'd like an autographed pick before you start charging.:poke: :D

Brian Krashpad
February 7th, 2008, 05:11 AM
Congrats, man! Are you gonna remember "the little people" here at TheFret when Fender gets you your endorsement???????:D

Of course I'll remember all the little people!

It's not like this is new to me!

I've been a "legend in my own mind" for quite some time now. ;)