PDA

View Full Version : Acoustic Pickups

WelcomeBack
March 26th, 2006, 08:27 AM
Any recommendations on acoustic pickups....I currently have a Taylor 510 with a Martin Thinline in it. Outboard I have the Fishman Pro-EQ Preamp.

I've been to Shoreline and leaning toward B-Band....

Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks
paul

sunvalleylaw
November 6th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Any recommendations on acoustic pickups....I currently have a Taylor 510 with a Martin Thinline in it. Outboard I have the Fishman Pro-EQ Preamp.

I've been to Shoreline and leaning toward B-Band....

Anyone have experience with them?

Thanks
paul

In follow up to this thread, does anyone have experience with the simple sound hole pick-ups for adding on to my old Joshua. I don't think it is worth having a luthier put a nicer pick-up in this guitar, and the purpose would be mostly for recording into Garageband for practice, etc, and maybe to strum along with a group of guys here locally, down in the drummer's basement music room.

t_ross33
November 6th, 2006, 12:22 PM
I had a Dean Markley soundhole pickup that I used on my ol' 12-string back in my younger daze. I thought it had a nice rich tone to it. No volume nor tone controls but got the job done.

Trev

sunvalleylaw
November 6th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I had a Dean Markley soundhole pickup that I used on my ol' 12-string back in my younger daze. I thought it had a nice rich tone to it. No volume nor tone controls but got the job done.

Trev

Hey great! That's what the local shop has and was suggesting. And that's all I need for what I want right now, just something to get the job done simply. Thanks.

t_ross33
November 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM
Hey great! That's what the local shop has and was suggesting. And that's all I need for what I want right now, just something to get the job done simply. Thanks.

Hmmm, just a thought here. The pup I had was NOT an active one. Not sure if that will make a big difference when running to your computer or not. You might need a preamp and/or a DI box inbetween to get enough signal to your line-in.

I haven't tried recording with my computer yet, so I might be blowing smoke. Just thought I'd throw that out and see if anyone with more smarts might comment :D

Trev