PDA

View Full Version : Robert will like this one...Reverend Roundhouse HB on its way!

kerc
February 6th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Got myself one of the prototypes for a ridiculous price, in Blueburst...Here's a pic:

http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/roundhousehb.JPG

Barely played (I have detailed pics of the frets...New!) This one is made of mahogany with a maple cap and flame maple veneer. The difference between this and current models is that the headstock on this prototype is 1/2" longer than production.

Should be home by Friday! By the way, Robert, did you ever get a LP-style guitar?

:D

Robert
February 6th, 2008, 03:29 PM
Cool man, you gotta tell us more about sound and feel on that one!

No LP yet, I am biding my time... just looking over the options and saving some dough. I was initially really interested in that guitar, but then I read it has a chunky 12" neck, which scares me. I love my Fender 9.5" neck, and the Roundhouse neck doesn't sound like one I would love. But what do I know - the only way to know is to try it. So, you can do that for me! :D
Just make a comparison of this neck to one that I know - Standard Les Paul, Telecaster, etc. :beer:

kerc
February 6th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Will do! Can you believe I got this for $375 shipped and insured? :D

ted s
February 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Looks purty Kerc !

Radioboy950
February 6th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Don't own any Revs (yet), but I've tried a bunch, and that is a beauty!
I really dig their guitars, especially the set-necks. Also dig the Manta Ray.:AOK:

kerc
February 6th, 2008, 04:19 PM
I have three already, I'm addicted. :D

Radioboy950
February 6th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I have three already, I'm addicted. :D

Hey Kerc, I've tried only Revs w/HB. I thought the pickups sounded great.
I've never been much of a single coil player, but what do you think of the P90 guitars from Reverend?

M29
February 6th, 2008, 04:52 PM
Thats one sweet looking axe kerc:rockon:

M29

kerc
February 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM
Hey Kerc, I've tried only Revs w/HB. I thought the pickups sounded great.
I've never been much of a single coil player, but what do you think of the P90 guitars from Reverend?

I have a Club King 290. I gotta say that the best Reverend pickups might be their P90's...Really good stuff.

Algonquin
February 6th, 2008, 05:29 PM
Looks really nice!

How's it config'd... Two volume, one Tone?

:beer:

kerc
February 6th, 2008, 09:04 PM
Looks really nice!

How's it config'd... Two volume, one Tone?

:beer:

One volume, one tone, one Bass Contour. What it does is it cuts bass frequencies from the pups, so you can get a humbucker to sound close to a P90. Works really, really nice!

kerc
February 8th, 2008, 05:32 PM
It's here (at the office)!

http://cyberjamarchive.com/uploads/Images/kerc_roundhouse_1.JPG

Robert
February 8th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Sweet! I love that color. Tell me about the playability and neck chunkiness when you have a moment, okeey?

kerc
February 8th, 2008, 07:31 PM
I think the neck is a bit thicker than what I thought...it's around 23mm thick at the 12th fret, 52mm wide in the same spot, and nut is 43mm. In comparison, my Buckhot is 21mm at the 12th, 50mm wide, and has a nut of 43mm. The profile itself is like a D with small shoulders, feels substantial but comfy.

R.B. Huckleberry
February 17th, 2008, 02:31 AM
Yep. Reverend is making some fiiiiiine instruments these days...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/RBHuckleberry/Guitars010.jpg