View Full Version : Vox Valvetronix AC 30 and Tweed 410

Robert
February 6th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Noodling with my Vox AD50VT... :)

AC 30

Tweed 410

Tone2TheBone
February 6th, 2008, 04:18 PM
These are the kinds of videos that brought me to your Dolphin site RR. *thumbs up* Good to see the cheese grater out in action again. :)

Algonquin
February 6th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Good to see the cheese grater out in action again. :)
That's no Cheese Grater Amp... That's a 5000 BTU Heater!

How else could he be playing in a T-shirt in Alberta in the middle of the winter :D

player
February 6th, 2008, 06:44 PM
That's no Cheese Grater Amp... That's a 5000 BTU Heater!

How else could he be playing in a T-shirt in Alberta in the middle of the winter :D
Excellent point how often does the heater get used up there?

oldguy
February 6th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Nice job, Robert!:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Thanks for taking the time to make those and post them.:AOK:

sunvalleylaw
February 6th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Cool vids Robert! Which model do you tend to play more? Do you have a preference? Does it depend on what style of tune you are playing?

markb
February 7th, 2008, 04:25 AM
Robert, you're the reason I bought a Squier '51 and it looks like I'm buying a AD50VT this weekend. Damn your eyes (in the nicest possible way) :master: :bravo: :AOK:

Robert
February 7th, 2008, 08:28 AM
Thanks guys, glad you liked it! Mark, that is a good buy you won't regret!

Steve, I use the Tweed 410 the most when I play a gig, because I use my pedals with the amp, and that models works best for this. When I'm just playing at home, I don't have a favourite. I use them all, pretty much! The one fun thing with this amp - there are many good sounding models and sometimes I just pick one randomly and see what kind of good tones I can get out of it. That's how I discovered a great blues tone with the Numetal model.

marnold
February 7th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Refresh my memory: what pickups are in that Strat? I can't get anywhere near as bright of a tone with the Tweed on my AD30VT as you are getting.

Tone2TheBone
February 7th, 2008, 09:22 AM
Say Bobby have you been using that little button changer on your Deluxe Players Strat? The one that adds the bridge to your other pups? Cause thats what it sounds like on these vids. Was just wondering. Good vids, always enjoy them.

Robert
February 7th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I have Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups. Marnold, I have some heavy distortion Valvetronix clips coming soon! I just need to edit the footage first, probably on the weekend.

No, Tone, I don't like that button at all. It thins out my sound and makes it sound like Warren just made a :pancake: !

marnold
February 7th, 2008, 09:29 AM
I have Fender Vintage Noiseless pickups. Marnold, I have some heavy distortion Valvetronix clips coming soon! I just need to edit the footage first, probably on the weekend.
Thanks. I must say that I liked the Tweed tone a ton better than the AC30 tone. I know part of it is the camera mic through my speakers, but the distortion sounded a bit raspy. Was that through the AD50VT's speaker or your Eminence 2x12 cab?

"Bobby." Got a chuckle out of that. It took me a second to figure out who was being referred to :)

Robert
February 7th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Played through my 2x12 cab. I wasn't going for much distortion, just a bit of grit. The AC30 has a "spanky" tone, quite shrill, but in a good way, me thinks.

/Bobby