PDA

View Full Version : Boss "65 Fender Deluxe Reverb" pedal

Bucks Owin
February 7th, 2008, 09:55 AM
I have a silver face Vibro Champ amp that I really like other than the fact that there is no reverb. I've had it for sale for awhile, thinking of buying a Cube 60, but am now thinking of keeping it and using the Boss pedal for reverb....

Anyone with this stompbox care to comment? Are you happy with the sound? Does it really sound like a long spring Hammond reverb?

TIA,

Dennis

markb
February 7th, 2008, 01:33 PM
Whatever else you do keep the Champ. I really regret not having the ones I used to own. Sorry, no opinion on the "Deluxe" pedal.

sunvalleylaw
February 7th, 2008, 04:14 PM
I have not tried that pedal, nor the companion '59 Bassman one. I love that Bassman sound and am tempted to check it out. I have not heard any real reports though.

Tone2TheBone
February 7th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Dude the Deluxe Reverb pedal is an amp model pedal...not a reverb pedal.

duhvoodooman
February 7th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Yup, 'xactly. Get a reverb pedal, like the DigiTech Digiverb (love mine!), Marshall Reflector, or similar. They do reverb, several different ways, and quite convincingly. Or install a small spring reverb tank in your Champ.

SuperSwede
February 8th, 2008, 03:13 AM
The reverb included in the ยด65 deluxe reverb pedal sounds pretty good but it only works when the pedal is activated. Modeling sounds pretty good but it will color/change your champ sound a lot.

Bucks Owin
February 8th, 2008, 10:08 AM

It supposedly can sound like the reverb (and vibrato) from a 65 Deluxe.....

The other pedal I'm looking at is the EH "Holy Grail" box...

Dennis

Bucks Owin
February 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Whatever else you do keep the Champ. I really regret not having the ones I used to own. Sorry, no opinion on the "Deluxe" pedal.

Yeah, I know, the Champ was used in the studio by Eric Clapton (and many others) and sounds great cranked up. To me though, the lack of reverb makes it pretty useless for anything but the most casual practice. (I don't even like to PRACTICE without reverb!)

Dennis

Tone2TheBone
February 8th, 2008, 10:37 AM
It supposedly can sound like the reverb (and vibrato) from a 65 Deluxe.....

The other pedal I'm looking at is the EH "Holy Grail" box...

Dennis

Oh so it's got the reverb and vibrato feature as well as the amp sorry I didn't know that. :thwap:

Bucks Owin
February 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Oh so it's got the reverb and vibrato feature as well as the amp sorry I didn't know that. :thwap:

Yeah, it's the "59 Bassman" that has no reverb....:beer:

Dennis

Tone2TheBone
February 8th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Now I'm wondering what an amp pedal would sound like...in an amp.

marnold
February 8th, 2008, 01:16 PM
Now I'm wondering what an amp pedal would sound like...in an amp.
My guess is that if you play it through a Fender amp it will create a vortex of Fenderness from which not even twang can escape!

Tone2TheBone
February 9th, 2008, 12:16 AM
hahahah yeah really no lie...seriously. :)