PDA

View Full Version : 1 Spot adapter for powering your pedals

Robert
February 7th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I want to recommend this thing - the 1 Spot Adapter.
:AOK:
http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm

I have been using mine for years now, and it's a great adapter for us pedal nerds. It is a DC adapter that only takes up 1 Spot on an outlet strip or wall outlet.

You can power quite a few pedals with this thing, as many pedals you can fit into 1700mA.

I love mine. If you need power for your growing pedal collection, take a look at this one. It's not expensive ($28) and you can power pretty much any kind of pedal you want - there are additional plugin accessories for all sorts of pedals.

Spudman
February 7th, 2008, 12:03 PM
That's a pretty good deal considering that's about the price of 18 9 volt batteries.

markb
February 7th, 2008, 01:26 PM
Visual Sound are good to deal with too. I asked Bob Weil a really dumb question about a Route 66 OD/compressor I'd bought used and his polite and helpful answer came back within two hours on a Sunday. For a while my rig was guitar>rt.66>volume pedal>H20>amp, minimal connections and great sounds. I see they've moved production to China now though.

pes_laul
February 7th, 2008, 01:39 PM
I got one of those about 2 months ago And I think its great. I especially like the feature where you can put a adapter on to fit DOD and line 6

marnold
February 7th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Does this get very hot when you are using it? I got a Wal-Mart special for my TO800 and the adapter gets pretty hot. Not "burn down the house" hot but "I feel uncomfortable leaving this plugged in" hot. The one with my EX-7 doesn't do that. That's relatively surprising to me since my TO800 only draws 30mA. My EX-7, conversely, sucks up 1300mA.

Robert
February 7th, 2008, 02:16 PM
No, no, there is no heat at all.

sunvalleylaw
February 7th, 2008, 02:52 PM
+1 I like mine a lot. I just need to get the little extender so I can fit some more pedals on. The only other thing I have had to do is use a separate AC power supply for my looper or some noise may occur. Works great for chaining my effect pedals.

I want to recommend this thing - the 1 Spot Adapter.
:AOK:
http://www.visualsound.net/1spot.htm

I have been using mine for years now, and it's a great adapter for us pedal nerds. It is a DC adapter that only takes up 1 Spot on an outlet strip or wall outlet.

You can power quite a few pedals with this thing, as many pedals you can fit into 1700mA.

I love mine. If you need power for your growing pedal collection, take a look at this one. It's not expensive ($28) and you can power pretty much any kind of pedal you want - there are additional plugin accessories for all sorts of pedals.

pes_laul
February 7th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Im not sure if its the adapter or my power strip but every now and then everything will shut off then all my pedals will come on though my amp stays on.

tot_Ou_tard
February 7th, 2008, 04:28 PM
I'm happy with mine as well.

duhvoodooman
February 7th, 2008, 07:16 PM
I've had one for quite a while and love it. Very convenient; problem-free. :AOK:

ShortBuSX
February 8th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Ive got a wall wort for my Wah, and use the One Spot daisy chain($9) off of it to all of my other pedals, works great, never have to unplug after you finish playing(but more importantly, never having to plug in before either!)...and the best part is the $2-3 dollar adapters for the other odd pedals, like if your pedal only takes a 9volt, you can get a 9volt adapter so you can power it sans battery. Ive got a Double Muff thats got a strange connector, got an adapter for that even! This thing kicks butt, so much so that I bought one for my friend who is ALWAYS changing batteries.

Kazz
February 9th, 2008, 04:37 AM
very sweet....I have started thinking about getting something that could power all my pedals and still look neat when I build my board.....

Guitar Gal
February 9th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I picked one up about a month ago....works great :AOK:

GG